ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting Gibraltar on UK multiple visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sedanday

Visiting Gibraltar on UK multiple visitor Visa

Post by Sedanday » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Hello

Please I would like to find out if it's possible to visit Gibraltar for a few days with an issued UK Multiple entry visa issued for six months.

I checked the site and it said
"holding EU issued family permits, UK Residence Permits valid for a period of 12 months or more, UK Biometric Residence permits or a UK multiple entry visa issued for 6 months or more.

I just want to find out if anyone has visited with a standard visitor visa and I would love to book a flight now.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visiting Gibraltar on UK multiple visitor Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Well no, you don't hold a visa valid for more than 6 months do you? This is what it says, it must be issued for more than 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks for responding
From the quote above it said "6 months OR More"

Plus I emailed the immigration department they replied this morning that I don't need a new visa if I have a uk one issued for 6 months or more.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Sedanday wrote:Thanks for responding
From the quote above it said "6 months OR More"

Plus I emailed the immigration department they replied this morning that I don't need a new visa if I have a uk one issued for 6 months or more.
A visit visa has a VALIDITY of 6 months, not 6 month duration so you need a residence visa really, it's what it really means.

Also you'd most likely enter Gib. from Spain so you'd need a Schengen visa too, preferably a Spain-issued one if you ever want another...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Thanks Wanderer for responding

I don't plan to enter from Spain but from England

I believe there are direct flights
Would I still need a Scheghen visa again?

mpetr
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Post by mpetr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:50 pm

I have the same question so I'm wondering if anybody knows the answer to this first-hand?

Sedanday, did you travel to Gibraltar on a Standard Visitor visa for the UK issued for 6 months?

In my case, I would be visiting Gibraltar from Spain (my country does not need a Schengen visa, but needs visa for the UK/Gibraltar).

mpetr
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Post by mpetr » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:17 pm

First hand confirmation in case anybody stumbles upon this thread - you can enter Gibraltar with this visa at the time of writing this :)