ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Called UKBA regarding spouse visa update

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zahir27
Newly Registered

Called UKBA regarding spouse visa update

Post by Zahir27 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Hey everyone
Just a question, I called up UKBA today to find out status of my application. It is a spouse visa priority application submitted in lahore end of may
Person on the phone said to me that you application has been considered and is now awaiting decision. And said it can take up to 12 weeks but couple of weeks and you will have an answer

Does it mean that they have already seen the application ? Ive seen some posts where people are waiting for a very long time and still havent heard anything back.
Mine is a straight forward case.. employeed with same employee for 2 years.. over 40k salary and own home etc

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Re: Called UKBA regarding spouse visa update

Post by thekhan87 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:31 pm

I think regardless of paying priority or not it doesn't seem to matter. It's basically pot luck.
Generally speaking 'awaiting a decision' is the final straw. It will eventually be looked at by a ECO. A decision will be made and it is at this stage they can either look into this further should they wish. Or will of made a decision. I would say wait the full 12 weeks and take it from there.

mb7891

Re: Called UKBA regarding spouse visa update

Post by mb7891 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi

Most priority applications are taking at least 6-8 weeks, and that mostly the straight forwards ones.

As the previous poster said, after 12 weeks you can start to escalate. You have to remember the priority fee does is place your application in front of the queue of non priority applications