ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UPDATE - Advice needed for Giving Notice/Fiance Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

domeonga96
United States of America

UPDATE - Advice needed for Giving Notice/Fiance Visa

Post by domeonga96 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Okay so a bit of an update for everybody! Thank you so much for your insight. My fiance was actually able to reserve the date and time for our wedding date (10 March 2018). Apparently he called up the designated registrar's office closest to him and the lady that helped told him that holding it tentatively would be fine. I am coming over to the UK in August for a few weeks to visit. She said that I can come in with my fiance after being there 7 days. I thought this was only once you have your visa? But apparently according to my fiance she said it would be fine as they know I intend to come back in December on a fiance visa. She did ask though for a letter from his parents confirming that I was there a minimum of 7 days and bring also a utility bill with the payment.
I figured the info was correct as it came from the woman at the registry office herself. Any insight?

Perhaps we should reschedule our appointment to give notice for Nov/December when I plan to come over and officially have my visa? I'm just glad the date and time is reserved nonetheless..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UPDATE - Advice needed for Giving Notice/Fiance Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Please continue in your existing topic. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question or to bump a particular question for an answer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.