ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is AAT a UK Recognised Supervisory Body for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gibbosl
Newly Registered

is AAT a UK Recognised Supervisory Body for Spouse Visa

Post by gibbosl » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:59 am

Can anyone tell me if my accountant who is a member of the AAT, recognised by the Home Office to be part of its Regulatory Supervisory Body under the Companies Act 2006? I am a sole trader who is not required to have audited accounts, so my accounts are prepared by my accountant who is an MAAT. I can't seem to be a real reply from anyone and my Spouse Visa relies on this as I am a self employed sole trader and have been for 14 years.

taffet87
Pakistan

Re: is AAT a UK Recognised Supervisory Body for Spouse Visa

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:54 am

No.. AAT is a very junior certification - there is no legal definition of an accountant but AAT is something like grade 12.... whereas some of the other professional qualifications are equivalent to Masters like ICAEW, ICAS, CIMA, ACCA etc.

The current list of RSB's is as below:

Association of Authorised Public Accountants (AAPA)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)

https://www.frc.org.uk/Our-Work/Audit-a ... -RQBs.aspx