ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my job due to coa: EEA RESIDENCE CARD(FM)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanhurst84
Newly Registered

Lost my job due to coa: EEA RESIDENCE CARD(FM)

Post by sanhurst84 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Hello ,

I applied through post on 4th April 2017 and the application was received the next day and the payment taken on the following day. After 2 months of wait I received the bio metrics letter. My current employer had already given me 28 days grace period after which I was let go as the employment checks done by my employer got a reply back stating HO neither confirms or deny with my right to work. Now that i have lost my job will this affect my application. Should I call the home office chasing for coal( hopefully to get one with the right to work) or wait as its not been 21 days since I enrolled my biometrics. Guys please if you could help me with any advice or post your timeline I am fully aware that each application is different. April batch

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Lost my job due to coa: EEA RESIDENCE CARD(FM)

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Your employer is wrong to have dismissed you. Did they give you a appeal right ?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 pm

What is the relationship between you and the EEA citizen? If you are partners, are you married/in a civil partnership or are you unmarried "durable partners"?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:50 pm

As OP stated she applied for a EEA RESIDENCE CARD (FM). It must follow that she is a family member or spouse of a Qualified Person.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:53 pm

EFMs apply with the same form, but they do not get an automatic right to work. It is always better to clarify than to jump to conclusions.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:55 pm

secret.simon wrote:EFMs apply with the same form, but they do not get an automatic right to work. It is always better to clarify than to jump to conclusions.
I don't think they do. The Home Office has promulgated a new form called EEA (EFM) for Regulation 8 applicant.

EEA(FM) is used for family member under regulation 7.

brighton
Newly Registered

Post by brighton » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:45 am

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your reply my previous user name sanhurst84 doesn't seem to be working so I had to make a new one. I am married to a EU national. I called the home office number regarding my COA and was told to wait for 21 days from enrolling my biometrics and then email them. Every day the anxiety and tension is increasing to the limit where i can't sleep at night.