ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success on 6yrs DLR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ioba
Newly Registered

ILR success on 6yrs DLR

Post by ioba » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 pm

This forum has helped me on my journey towards getting my ILR. So I want to share my success story which might help someone else.
I applied for ILR based on my 6yrs DLR visa(based on my family life in the UK) from 15th March 2011 to 2017. DLR because My wife has ILR and we have British Kids together. I had a non peculiar situation of having a six weeks short fall on my 6 year DLR route because my renewal in 2014 came earlier than expected hence my renewal visa was issued on 12/2/2014 for 3 years . But I still went on with my ILR application. My timeline is as follows :-

1/2/17 - Sent my ILR application on SET(O) form by Royal Mail Special Delivery and received by UKVI next day.

3/2/17 - Payment of £1875 taken by Home Office on my CC.

10/2/17 -Received acknowledgement from HO(dated 7th Feb 17) with Biometric request and Statement of Additional grounds request. Biometrics done at Post Office same day .

7/3/17- Received first email from UKVI that my application is with them and still under consideration for the next six months which is standard.

7/4/17- Replied to the Statement of Additional grounds with detailed information of my family situation and why i need to remain in this country. I also added character references(from people with no criminal record make sure you ask) from my Line manager at work, a Colleague at work,a friend , my wife and my first child also wrote a letter about me. I also added some family photos to buttress my application.

7/4/17- Received standard application email again.

24/4/14- Applied for a faster visa reply postal to premium upgrade but was refused because " the system was not available" or something like that was the email reply i got. I tried every day till thursday same reply everytime then I gave up.

28/4/17- Requested online for the return of my child's BP due to a Spanish school trip coming up and it was promptly returned the following week.

7/5/17- Received another standard email that my application was still pending .

7/6/17- Received another standard email that my application was still pending .

26/6/17-In my initial application in Feb'17 I included a self addressed RM Special Delivery envelope for the return of my supporting documents which I regularly track on RM website. So on monday 26/6 when I got back from work in the evening I just decided to track again and to my JOY it showed that my "Item was on the way". I could not sleep that night very apprehensive and tensed up.

27/6/17- At 1010 am after waiting for the postie in anticipation he came along with my SD envelope containing all my supporting documents with a covering letter saying that my BRP will be sent within the next 7 days.

28/6/17- DX came with my BRP missed him,he left a card and I asked for redelivery for today 29/6 .

29/6/17 - The guy came again and I got my ILR on the BRP to prove my status.Issued on 25/6/17 and valid until 31/12/2024 with permit as SETTLEMENT and INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN......... FINALLY i am over the moon and ecstatic to the core . SUCCESS at last and free from immigration restrictions. :D :D :D
I hope this helps someone out there. Thanks for reading.

Tariqhassan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR success on 6yrs DLR

Post by Tariqhassan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:07 am

Hi there,
I applied ILR same as you after completing 6 years of DL on 17 June 2017 and yesterday received a letter of Biometric and letter for additional grounds, I am really worried about this additional grounds letter but after reading your story I got relieved that they are sending this to everyone by default I just need your help if you can guide me what content I should write in referral letter from work colleague and letter from daughter just general outline because I need to reply this additional grounds letter, my case is very similar to yours waiting for your reply,

Many thanks

ioba
Newly Registered

Post by ioba » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Tariqhassan wrote:Hi there,
I applied ILR same as you after completing 6 years of DL on 17 June 2017 and yesterday received a letter of Biometric and letter for additional grounds, I am really worried about this additional grounds letter but after reading your story I got relieved that they are sending this to everyone by default I just need your help if you can guide me what content I should write in referral letter from work colleague and letter from daughter just general outline because I need to reply this additional grounds letter, my case is very similar to yours waiting for your reply,

Many thanks
Hello Tariqhassan. Yes you should reply the Additional grounds and add Character References. Mine had the heading "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN". "MR(Your full name and address as in your application)" . Then they write something(good)about you and the one from my boss and colleague was typed and signed.The ones from my friend and family was handwritten,natural and more personal.Let them write about the quality of life you add to your family on a daily basis especially your positive impact on your children.The problems that your absence in the UK will cause them.Add some family photos too. Good Luck.

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 pm

congratz , can you please copy paste what exactly you wrote in the letter and remove your personal details if possible.

thanks

ioba
Newly Registered

Post by ioba » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello, I guess it's the character reference letter you are talking about. I sent them all to the HO, i didn't make any copies. But it was all written in this format;

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN(MR azharmahmood with DOB or address)
Goodday Sir/Madam,
This is a Character Reference for Mr azharmahmood of the above address. I have known Mr azharmahmood for X years personally or at work as XXX.
He's a honest,hardworking and diligent man who is always willing to go the extra mile to help out in anyway possible. As his manager(or colleague) I have a high regard for him and he is someone very reliable and trustworthy.(Family members can write more good information about you here). You can can contact me on the number below if you require more information about Mr azharmahmood. Thank You Sir/Madam.

Mr AB. CDEF
Telephone number.
Signature.

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Thank you , i actually wanted to know one more thing if you dont mind

If you have ticked the other purposes or reasons category, please explain briefly why you are
applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. You will also need to provide a letter explaining
in more detail why you are applying, and the category of your last grant of leave.

The above question is from page 14

can you please let us know what you wrote there.

thank you

Gloria55
Newly Registered

Post by Gloria55 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,
And what to write about ties with your country of origin if I have no living relatives there?

Thank you

ioba
Newly Registered

Post by ioba » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:33 pm

azharmahmood wrote:Thank you , i actually wanted to know one more thing if you dont mind

If you have ticked the other purposes or reasons category, please explain briefly why you are
applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. You will also need to provide a letter explaining
in more detail why you are applying, and the category of your last grant of leave.

The above question is from page 14

can you please let us know what you wrote there.

thank you

Okay. With regards to this first of all I wrote a formal cover letter with the Heading :
APPLICATION FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK.
I then started explaining my first grant of DLR on what basis and the dates.This must be before 8th July 2012 to qualify on 6yrs DLR basis. Then the second grant with dates and on the same basis as the first grant. Then you will say from the date of the first grant till present I have accrued 6 years of discretionary leave hence I am now applying for ILR.The basis for which you were initially granted 3yrs DLR should be explained and hopefully still be existing when applying for ILR .Now to prove 6 yrs of DLR leads to ILR to the case worker you go to :,

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk.

follow the instruction and it will should give you this page below

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... nary-leave

Print it out and highlight the bits that are relevant to you and attach it to your formal cover letter of ILR application above. I also attached this page :

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions

Highlighted the DLR section applicable to me along with my Life in UK Pass letter.

All the above 4 document were attached together and sent along with my ILR application form.

Thanks.

ioba
Newly Registered

Post by ioba » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Gloria55 wrote:Hi,
And what to write about ties with your country of origin if I have no living relatives there?

Thank you

Hello, I wrote that my ties with my country of origin is virtually non-existent because my parents are deceased and that my siblings are all married with their own individual families. My family life is now in the UK.

Sally77
Newly Registered

Post by Sally77 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Thanks, I have copied some tips hopefully next week it will go well mine. Just stressing about the whole process. I'm doing premium service

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:58 am

Don't worry you will get it , let us know the outcome of the application

Thanks

Sally77
Newly Registered

Post by Sally77 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:28 pm

thank you very much, my application was successful today

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:49 am

congratz, can you please write down your success story and what documents did you submit , Any questions asked etc... Thanks

Sally77
Newly Registered

Post by Sally77 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:03 pm

I submitted years payslips, P60. employment letters, Tax office letters. bank statements, cover letter. I am soo have free from immigration. Waiting for the biometric card in seven days. just be truthful. thank you this forum helped a lot

sheno
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sheno » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:20 pm

ioba wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 pm
This forum has helped me on my journey towards getting my ILR. So I want to share my success story which might help someone else.
I applied for ILR based on my 6yrs DLR visa(based on my family life in the UK) from 15th March 2011 to 2017. DLR because My wife has ILR and we have British Kids together. I had a non peculiar situation of having a six weeks short fall on my 6 year DLR route because my renewal in 2014 came earlier than expected hence my renewal visa was issued on 12/2/2014 for 3 years . But I still went on with my ILR application. My timeline is as follows :-

1/2/17 - Sent my ILR application on SET(O) form by Royal Mail Special Delivery and received by UKVI next day.

3/2/17 - Payment of £1875 taken by Home Office on my CC.

10/2/17 -Received acknowledgement from HO(dated 7th Feb 17) with Biometric request and Statement of Additional grounds request. Biometrics done at Post Office same day .

7/3/17- Received first email from UKVI that my application is with them and still under consideration for the next six months which is standard.

7/4/17- Replied to the Statement of Additional grounds with detailed information of my family situation and why i need to remain in this country. I also added character references(from people with no criminal record make sure you ask) from my Line manager at work, a Colleague at work,a friend , my wife and my first child also wrote a letter about me. I also added some family photos to buttress my application.

7/4/17- Received standard application email again.

24/4/14- Applied for a faster visa reply postal to premium upgrade but was refused because " the system was not available" or something like that was the email reply i got. I tried every day till thursday same reply everytime then I gave up.

28/4/17- Requested online for the return of my child's BP due to a Spanish school trip coming up and it was promptly returned the following week.

7/5/17- Received another standard email that my application was still pending .

7/6/17- Received another standard email that my application was still pending .

26/6/17-In my initial application in Feb'17 I included a self addressed RM Special Delivery envelope for the return of my supporting documents which I regularly track on RM website. So on monday 26/6 when I got back from work in the evening I just decided to track again and to my JOY it showed that my "Item was on the way". I could not sleep that night very apprehensive and tensed up.

27/6/17- At 1010 am after waiting for the postie in anticipation he came along with my SD envelope containing all my supporting documents with a covering letter saying that my BRP will be sent within the next 7 days.

28/6/17- DX came with my BRP missed him,he left a card and I asked for redelivery for today 29/6 .

29/6/17 - The guy came again and I got my ILR on the BRP to prove my status.Issued on 25/6/17 and valid until 31/12/2024 with permit as SETTLEMENT and INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN......... FINALLY i am over the moon and ecstatic to the core . SUCCESS at last and free from immigration restrictions. :D :D :D
I hope this helps someone out there. Thanks for reading.
Hello Dear
You have done a marvelous job which not many people do. May Allah give you reward for it.
Can you help me by providing me a brief copy of the letter written by your wife and first child, which will he quite help full.
Many thanks and God bless you.

ioba
Newly Registered

Post by ioba » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:53 am

Hi sheno. The letters written by my wife and kid were informal in nature and they outlined the significance to them of my remaining in the UK.
My wife's letter had the header
"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN"
Your full name and address.
This letter is with regards to the immigration application of the above named person who is my .......... .This person has been this and that....................................
This person's presence in the UK is very important to me/us in ......................................................................................................................(you must extol your virtues).
This person's presence is invaluable to me/us in the UK.
Etc,etc,etc.

Your child's letter will also be in thesame format "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN".
But let your child's letter be independent. Explain the situation and the reason for this letter to your child and let him/her write it their own way.
Good Luck with your application.

Thanks and Take Care.

Imbow2020
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Imbow2020 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:49 am

Hello All

I m glad I found this post its really put me at ease , I posted on a different topic yesterday could you please advise if the following is enough? I also do not have many family pictures would this be an issue?
Thanks
Imbow2020 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:41 pm
Good Afternoon.

I currently have an application pending for indefinite leave to remain at the Home Office after having been granted Discretionary leave to remain on private life grounds.I have successfully completed the required six year period.

A few days ago I received a letter from the Home Office requesting proof of genuine and subsisting relationship with my family( Mother, brother and sister).
For the record I am now 30 years old , studying full-time and I am not married or currently in a relationship.

At the moment I can provide the following documentation.

Letters Of Support
3* Letters from family members confirming we still have an ongoing relationship.
-Letter from my mother will also state how she helps me pay with my uni tuition fee & refer to
evidence on bank statements

3* Letters from family friends confirming we are still a family unit.
Personal statement mentioning how I see my family at least once a month and help my
sister with child care occasionally

Bank Statements & Utility Bills
Mothers utility bills( Gas ,electricity, water and internet provider bill), bank statements & Tenancy agreement.
Sister's utility bills (Gas ,electricity, water and internet provider bill), bank statements & Tenancy agreement.
Brother Tenancy agreement(He is a student).

Communications
Mother's whats-app and text message conversations.
Sister's whats-app, text message and email conversations.
Brother's whats-app , text message email conversations.
Printed PDF mobile-phone bills highlighting calls to Mother, brother and sister.
Printed screenshot whats-app call log highlighting calls to Mother, brother and sister.

Other
My nephew's railcard where I am registered as the second cardholder (Sister's 8 year old son).
Nephew's birth certificate to prove he's my sister's son.
Couple of pictures from family gatherings.

I would be grateful for any suggestions/help on what else to include and what to state in the letters.

Thanks in adavnce