ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ext 2nd Business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amz

Tier 1 Ext 2nd Business

Post by Amz » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:28 am

Hi All

I have a question, i was wondering if someone can help me with this.

I have my Tier1 Ext application with HO (Applied in March 2017). I have an IT consultancy business where we provide data analysis and application support services. I have done my MSc from UK in Telecom / IT sector as well. There is an opportunity for me to start a take away business in partnership with my brother who is a British national himself. My questions are:

1. Can I do a second business which is a non IT business, dont know the technicality but is there an restrictions with NQF level etc for a take away business, I would be carrying my IT business as well so basically i will be Director of 2 businesses.

2. Can I transfer money from my IT Company Business Account to my Take Away Company Business Account and would that still be considered as part of my investment.

3. If my current extension is approved then i understand that in the next 2 years I only have to worry about 2 employees and NOT the 50K investment as that was part of first 3 years only, so would point 2 be application in this scenario ?

4. Can i be a joint director with my brother in Takeaway business or does it solely have to be in my own name for my visa purpose ?

Your feedback would be helpful.

Regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Ext 2nd Business

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Amz wrote:Hi All

I have a question, i was wondering if someone can help me with this.

I have my Tier1 Ext application with HO (Applied in March 2017). I have an IT consultancy business where we provide data analysis and application support services. I have done my MSc from UK in Telecom / IT sector as well. There is an opportunity for me to start a take away business in partnership with my brother who is a British national himself. My questions are:

1. Can I do a second business which is a non IT business, dont know the technicality but is there an restrictions with NQF level etc for a take away business, I would be carrying my IT business as well so basically i will be Director of 2 businesses.
There are no restrictions. Feel free to go ahead.
Amz wrote:2. Can I transfer money from my IT Company Business Account to my Take Away Company Business Account and would that still be considered as part of my investment.
Since you applied for the extension, it means you have already invested in the IT company. So not sure why there is even a question of additional investment ? Am I missing something ?
Amz wrote:3. If my current extension is approved then i understand that in the next 2 years I only have to worry about 2 employees and NOT the 50K investment as that was part of first 3 years only, so would point 2 be application in this scenario ?
Mostly correct - the primary criteria for your ILR is the 2 employees.
As long as you don't withdraw your investment during the extension period, there should be no issues.
Amz wrote:4. Can i be a joint director with my brother in Takeaway business or does it solely have to be in my own name for my visa purpose ?

Your feedback would be helpful.

Regards
Yes. No restrictions other than that you have to at least one of the Directors if you are working for the new company.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.