ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation Requirement for UK Spouse VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maalik786
Newly Registered

Accommodation Requirement for UK Spouse VISA

Post by Maalik786 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:56 am

Hi, We are plan apply soon for Spouse visa. By wife is British citizen living in a rented 1 bedroom flat. And i am Pakistani citizen currently living in Dubai UAE. As far i know we need following documents to full fill accommodation requirement.

1. Tenancy Agreement
2. NOC Letter from Landlord that i can stay there
3. Survey of property station the details of it
4. Council tax statements

She is renting a flat through some estate agent. They said landlord had no objection for me to stay there as far as i can clear all the checks but he is not willing to provide the NOC letter and also the estate agency is not willing to do the survey for no reason.

I don't know what else we can do regarding this???

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Accommodation Requirement for UK Spouse VISA

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:22 am

If your partner is the only resident in one bedroom flat then no syrvey/inspection need. And regarding landlord no objection letter then I think landlord/estate agent might add a sentence that after getting visa you can stay.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Maalik786
Newly Registered

Post by Maalik786 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:00 am

Thanks for your reply!
yes she is the only one staying in one bedroom flat. We did mention them to write us a conditional letter of no objection in which the can write that i can stay there as far as i am legally allowed to rent a property in uk. but he still do not want to give this in written.

What other option we have regarding this???

Is is worth taking risk applying without the survey and No objection letter???

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:10 am

No objection letter must be in writing for which you should insist them and clarify them as it won't cause any harm to them because authorities should know all that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Maalik786
Newly Registered

Post by Maalik786 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:43 am

I have try to explain them in all ways even i said i do not mind paying for it but they are not agreeing to give me No objection letter.

What else i can do???

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Its the very important letter because caseworker only accepts something in writing. Try to request again/change property if you can/ if you have relatives, friends who have property and can give such letters then that would be better.