ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BKT123
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by BKT123 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for naturalisation via NCS. We are trying to check the status online using the new link
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Tried to check using the BRP (ILR) as reference, it doesnt work.

Any ideas on what NCS guys can use for verifying the status please?

Thanks
BKT123

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:14 am

BKT123 wrote:Hi,

My wife applied for naturalisation via NCS. We are trying to check the status online using the new link
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Tried to check using the BRP (ILR) as reference, it doesnt work.

Any ideas on what NCS guys can use for verifying the status please?

Thanks
BKT123
Use the reference number from your acknowledgment letter/e-mail (don't include any leading zeros—for instance, if the reference number is 0212394, just enter 212394).

On an unrelated note, if the number of posts in the timeline threads is any indication of the overall volume of applications, it looks like once the May applications have been processed, the wait times should come down. It seems like few people applied in June, compared to March, April, or May.

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I already done my Biometrics last week...

I just want know, i'm going to change my address in coming week, is there any possibility that after changing my address and update H.O + HMPO i can confirm with them that my address changed in their records ? any kind of Acknowledgement i can get from both ? any suggestions please !!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Arshsam wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just want know, i'm going to change my address in coming week, is there any possibility that after changing my address and update H.O + HMPO i can confirm with them that my address changed in their records ? any kind of Acknowledgement i can get from both ? any suggestions please !!!!
Unlikely you will receive an acknowledgement. Perhaps it would have been wiser to wait till you have moved before applying. Also get Royal Mail redirection in place.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:23 pm

I once had to move after submitting a visa application. I sent in the required form to notify the Home Office of my new address. I never received an acknowledgement, but they did send my documents and BRP to the correct place. If you notify the Home Office of your move and set up a postal redirect as CR001 suggests (a good idea when you move, regardless of whether or not you have a visa/naturalisation application under consideration), you should be covered.

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:31 pm

CR001 wrote:

Unlikely you will receive an acknowledgement. Perhaps it would have been wiser to wait till you have moved before applying. Also get Royal Mail redirection in place.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply CR001, i will setup a redirection tomorrow....

just want to ask is there any effect on my application if i moved house ? ?

for H.O, address update, i can do that online, but for HMPO i have to write a letter .... ? and what documents they need ?

Thanks

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Tea_Rocket wrote:

I once had to move after submitting a visa application. I sent in the required form to notify the Home Office of my new address. I never received an acknowledgement, but they did send my documents and BRP to the correct place. If you notify the Home Office of your move and set up a postal redirect as CR001 suggests (a good idea when you move, regardless of whether or not you have a visa/naturalisation application under consideration), you should be covered.
Thank you Tea_Rocket for your reply, that's a relief to hear that you already gone through that process and by the Grace of God all done well...

i will do that .... thanks a lot :-)

maxaptilon123
Newly Registered

Post by maxaptilon123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for naturalisation on 7th of August 2017 (5 years + 1Y exemption status). My current exemption status is linked to my employer (EBRD). However, I got redundant this week but will remain employed for another 3 month, being in notice period (effectively employed until mid October). I understood from my lawyer that there are no risk, as my status will be valid on the day of application. Any thoughts from you guys?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 pm

maxaptilon123 wrote:Hi all,

I am applying for naturalisation on 7th of August 2017 (5 years + 1Y exemption status). My current exemption status is linked to my employer (EBRD). However, I got redundant this week but will remain employed for another 3 month, being in notice period (effectively employed until mid October). I understood from my lawyer that there are no risk, as my status will be valid on the day of application. Any thoughts from you guys?

Many thanks
What do you mean by 'exemption status'??

Are you an EU national?

If so, do you have a document certifying permanent residence in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:10 am

Hello
We applied for Naturalisation+passport for my husband on 15th June. We have not received any update from them, until today he received a text message from HM Passport office, saying "We'll contact you by 27th July if more info or an interview is required. If not, expect your passport by this date. No further update on progress will be given".
I was wondering if anyone else received such text messages? our concern is that he hasn't submitted fingerprint and he hasn't done the ceremony yet... how it possible to expect passport by 27th July?

Any similar experiences?

Many thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 am

Maly110 wrote:Hello
We applied for Naturalisation+passport for my husband on 15th June. We have not received any update from them, until today he received a text message from HM Passport office, saying "We'll contact you by 27th July if more info or an interview is required. If not, expect your passport by this date. No further update on progress will be given".
I was wondering if anyone else received such text messages? our concern is that he hasn't submitted fingerprint and he hasn't done the ceremony yet... how it possible to expect passport by 27th July?

Any similar experiences?

Many thanks in advance
This is a standard text message from HMPO recommend you ignore it - it does not mean your AN application is approved. You will receive the passport only after the ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:00 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Maly110 wrote:Hello

Any similar experiences?

Many thanks in advance
This is a standard text message from HMPO recommend you ignore it - it does not mean your AN application is approved. You will receive the passport only after the ceremony.
Got a similar message over a month ago. It is inconsequential. Just a way to confuse applicants I guess :(

achhab
Newly Registered

Post by achhab » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi All, I Applied for my daughter's Naturalization via NCS on 16th March. Online status showed decide on 26th June and I received the passport on 5th July with start date 30th June. However, I still haven't received the Naturalization certificate.. Will I receive that later? Is anyone on the same situation as me? Please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:27 pm

achhab wrote:Hi All, I Applied for my daughter's Naturalization via NCS on 16th March. Online status showed decide on 26th June and I received the passport on 5th July with start date 30th June. However, I still haven't received the Naturalization certificate.. Will I receive that later? Is anyone on the same situation as me? Please help.
Children are REGISTERED. Likely the certificate is still on its way in the post. It comes second class mail in a standard brown A5 size envelope (looks similar to junk mail).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Salim1uk
Newly Registered

Post by Salim1uk » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi.
I have still not received letter for Biometrics, any advice please?

Eligibility criteria: Spouse BC 3 Year Route
Language criteria met: LIUK + Trinity B1
Nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS Preston (JCAP)
Date of application: 14/06/2017
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI: 15/06/2017
Date of acknowledgement: 26/06/2017 (by Email)
Date money gone off account: 23/06/2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics:
Biometrics done:
Date of approval:
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports: 14/06/2017
Date passports received:

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Salim1uk wrote:Hi.
my advice to you is "to wait", it's only been three weeks not three months! it may takes time for the whole process so you better of to sit tight and enjoy the wait! hope that helps
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

Salim1uk
Newly Registered

Post by Salim1uk » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:19 pm

softy monster wrote:
Salim1uk wrote:Hi.
my advice to you is "to wait", it's only been three weeks not three months! it may takes time for the whole process so you better of to sit tight and enjoy the wait! hope that helps

I guess so. Some applicants receive the letter within days.

Venkat2806
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat2806 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am

HI group,

Can some one help me, i'm eligible for Naturalization, but wanted to apply for Naturalisation in 2019. But, I heard from my Neighbor that Tier 1 Genral/HSMP applicant who have ILR must apply for Naturalisation before March 2018 is that true? As the citizenship route will be closed for Tier1 General applicants post March 2018?

i searched online for any articals which can give me information on Citizenship closure for Tier 1 genral applicants, but i can't find any articals..

Please let me know. Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Venkat

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:23 am

Venkat2806 wrote:HI group,

Can some one help me, i'm eligible for Naturalization, but wanted to apply for Naturalisation in 2019. But, I heard from my Neighbor that Tier 1 Genral/HSMP applicant who have ILR must apply for Naturalisation before March 2018 is that true? As the citizenship route will be closed for Tier1 General applicants post March 2018?

i searched online for any articals which can give me information on Citizenship closure for Tier 1 genral applicants, but i can't find any articals..

Regards,
Venkat
You should challenge your neighbour for the source of this statement - this certainly hasn't been discussed in the forum.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Has anyone had this experience when applied with NCS, basically i applied on Thursday but when i checked the royal mail tracking, was still saying..

Item: AExxxxxxxxxGB
via Special Delivery Guaranteed™
(Our guaranteed next working day service with tracking and a signature on delivery)

Latest update: We have your item
Your item with reference AExxxxxxxxxGB has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries.

Why is it taking from Thursday till Monday?? when it was sent "via Special Delivery Guaranteed"?
and now it stating that on ..08/07/17 @ 04:02 (status)AT DELIVERY OFFICE WARRINGTON MAIL CENTRE

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:16 pm

softy monster wrote:Has anyone had this experience when applied with NCS, basically i applied on Thursday but when i checked the royal mail tracking, was still saying..

Item: AExxxxxxxxxGB
via Special Delivery Guaranteed™
(Our guaranteed next working day service with tracking and a signature on delivery)

Latest update: We have your item
Your item with reference AExxxxxxxxxGB has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries.

Why is it taking from Thursday till Monday?? when it was sent "via Special Delivery Guaranteed"?
and now it stating that on ..08/07/17 @ 04:02 (status)AT DELIVERY OFFICE WARRINGTON MAIL CENTRE
Does it really make a difference if it is Friday or Monday?? It would not have made any progression if it had been delivered on Friday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Regards,
Venkat
Your neighbor is severely confused. March/April 2018 is relevant to ILR for Tier 1 General migrants as after this date, they can no longer apply for ILR. It has nothing to do with Citizenship which is a completely separate set of LAWS to the Immigration RULES.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
softy monster wrote:Has anyone had this experience when applied with NCS, basically i applied on Thursday but when i checked the royal mail tracking, was still saying..

Does it really make a difference if it is Friday or Monday?? It would not have made any progression if it had been delivered on Friday.
No, of course it doesn't and i am aware of that, i just wanted to know why when someone pays for a guaranteed next working day service, and then it gets delivered few days later! that's all what i wanted to know! Just to be aware and learn from the experience so when someone else has the same case i can explain! simply is that :-)

Venkat2806
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat2806 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:48 pm

alterhase58 wrote:

Regards,
Venkat
You should challenge your neighbour for the source of this statement - this certainly hasn't been discussed in the forum.

Thanks alterhase58, I did, but the answer i got is, the statement was released as part of Tier 1 extension closure artical. so, i have posted in the discussion group to check if some one out there might have some information on it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:04 pm

softy monster wrote:
CR001 wrote:

No, of course it doesn't and i am aware of that, i just wanted to know why when someone pays for a guaranteed next working day service, and then it gets delivered few days later! that's all what i wanted to know! Just to be aware and learn from the experience so when someone else has the same case i can explain! simply is that :-)
NCS usually send applications in batches once or twice a week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)