ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Treaty
Newly Registered

EEA family permit

Post by Treaty » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:32 am

Hi there, i am new to this board. I wanted to know if it is possible for my partner to apply for an EEA family permit whilst exercising her EU treaty rights in the UK?

mym
Member of Standing

Re: EEA family permit

Post by mym » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:03 am

Treaty wrote:Hi there, i am new to this board. I wanted to know if it is possible for my partner to apply for an EEA family permit whilst exercising her EU treaty rights in the UK?
You need to clarify that. If she is an EEA citizen (which she must be in order to exercise Treaty Rights) then she doesn't need a permit.

Do you mean apply for one for you?
What nationality are you?
Where are you?
--
Mark Y-M
London

Treaty
Newly Registered

Post by Treaty » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:59 pm

mym wrote:
Treaty wrote:Hi there, i am new to this board. I wanted to know if it is possible for my partner to apply for an EEA family permit whilst exercising her EU treaty rights in the UK?
You need to clarify that. If she is an EEA citizen (which she must be in order to exercise Treaty Rights) then she doesn't need a permit.

Do you mean apply for one for you?
What nationality are you?
Where are you?
First of all, sorry about the duplicate thread. That was my mistake.
To answer your questions:

1.I meant an EEA family permit for me.
2.I am from Trinidad and Tobago
3.I am in London.

Thanks for your help MYM.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Where is your partner, what do they do, and where are they from?

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:28 pm

Treaty wrote: 1.I meant an EEA family permit for me.
2.I am from Trinidad and Tobago
3.I am in London.
If you are already in the UK in what immigration capacity are you here at the moment?

If here legally you don't need an EEAFP, that's just an entry clearance. You would apply instead for a Residence Permit. We need more details though.
--
Mark Y-M
London

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:18 pm

You will need to apply for the EEAFP from Trinidad to enter the UK. However, if you are in the UK in some other capacity you can apply for the residence card as an unmarried parther under EU law by using the EEA1 form from the BIA website. What is your current statu in the UK?

Your partnership must meet the requirements under national law in the UK for your application to be valid i.e. you have been living together for atleast 2 years in a relationship similar or akin to marriage. You will need to have evidence of this to submit with your application.

Also, your EU Partner must be exercising a treaty right in the UK such as working (to include self-employment), studying or is self sufficient.

kutitata
Newly Registered

Post by kutitata » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi there,

I am new as well, and would like to ask a similar question, I am an Irish, working in London full-time.

My gf is a Malaysian (I grew up in Malaysia just moved to London in March 2008).

We plan to get registered in Malaysia this December, and I want her to follow me to live and work in London, only after we are registered.

We have been living together since March 2002, I can prove that we have lived together for more than 2 years in a marriage like relationship.

I was thinking of starting my application in June 08, as I do not have my NI number yet and applying for her to come over as my unmarried partner.

Once we are married in December, she will then follow me to London, and then we will provide the marriage cert to the relevant authorities here.

I want to begin the visa application sooner on the grounds that I want to be sure that I wont have any problems bringing her over in Dec 08, hence the application made an unmarried partner.

What do you guys think? It is possible? And what details should she and I should provide?

ribena

Post by ribena » Sat May 24, 2008 4:05 pm

HI Kutitata,
Make sure you have all the docs needed to reg ur marriage in Malaysia and you need to be in the country for 7 days before you can submit your application to JPN.
Are you going to register your marriage the normal way or express way? Have you check out the procedure?

Once you are legally married, then you can apply for the EEA FP in KL. By law family permit are to be deal with asap. Knowing from experience.. dont put too much hope on that.

You can apply for unmarried partner, just need to be able to convince BHC of ur r/ship.

good luck.