ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refugee application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shabaa
Newly Registered

ILR Refugee application

Post by Shabaa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 am

hello everyone, My name is Areej, I was born in Tripoli, the capital of Libya, in 1985. I arrived in the UK on 26th February 2011; three months later I was forced to seek protection and in April 2012 I was fortunately granted asylum status as a political refugee. my current leave has expired on 17th February and I submitted my ILR application on 15th January and I have received an acknowledgement email on 18th January and biometric letter on 25th January, it has been 10 weeks now since I submitted my paperwork and my question is, how long this process might take? can anyone share their experience so to get an idea on what I might expect? many thanks, Areej

odat
Jordan

Re: ILR Refugee application

Post by odat » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:56 pm

salam alaikum Areej there is no timeline for how long is going to take its depend on how busy the home office is just all you can do is wait
all the best and i wish you to hear the good news soon

miladgeorge
Newly Registered

Post by miladgeorge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:11 pm

Please let me know how did you it ? direct link ? or any useful info ? .... Thanks

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Shabaa wrote:hello everyone, My name is Areej, I was born in Tripoli, the capital of Libya, in 1985. I arrived in the UK on 26th February 2011; three months later I was forced to seek protection and in April 2012 I was fortunately granted asylum status as a political refugee. my current leave has expired on 17th February and I submitted my ILR application on 15th January and I have received an acknowledgement email on 18th January and biometric letter on 25th January, it has been 10 weeks now since I submitted my paperwork and my question is, how long this process might take? can anyone share their experience so to get an idea on what I might expect? many thanks, Areej

Hi Areej,

did you get any news from HO?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Sam1140 wrote:
Shabaa wrote:hello everyone, My name is Areej, I was born in Tripoli, the capital of Libya, in 1985. I arrived in the UK on 26th February 2011; three months later I was forced to seek protection and in April 2012 I was fortunately granted asylum status as a political refugee. my current leave has expired on 17th February and I submitted my ILR application on 15th January and I have received an acknowledgement email on 18th January and biometric letter on 25th January, it has been 10 weeks now since I submitted my paperwork and my question is, how long this process might take? can anyone share their experience so to get an idea on what I might expect? many thanks, Areej

Hi Areej,

did you get any news from HO?

Thanks,
Good grief, the OP only posted his question YESTERDAY!! Unlikely they have suddenly received a response the next day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shabaa
Newly Registered

Post by Shabaa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:02 pm

hello everyone!
I haven't heard anything back yet, I am still waiting... it is quite frustrating as I have travel arrangements with work and it is awful to feel that your trapped and not being able to travel or even move jobs if I want to!
@Miladgeorge, what would you like to know exactly? I will be more than happy to provide you with the right info.
many thanks, Areej

sundas2013
United Kingdom

Post by sundas2013 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:35 pm

hi hope u all doing well. i will be applying for ilr in the same catageory in couple of wks time. areej can u plzz guide how did u submited ur application?? i mean which documents u send along with ur application?? and did u write a short summery of your asylum interview also?? it will be very helpfull if u can help me in this.. thanks alot
regards

Shabaa
Newly Registered

Post by Shabaa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:08 am

Hi sundas2013, I am happy to help you! ILR for refugees is quite straight forward unless you have kids or your sponsoring your family, if you are single and your applying for yourself only then all what you need is, complete the form fully, take your life in the UK test and write a summary as why you want to stay in the UK, what is making you wanting to live here.. make sure you send your application a month before the expiry of your current residency.
wish you the very best of luck! Areej :)

sundas2013
United Kingdom

Post by sundas2013 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 am

Shabaa wrote:Hi sundas2013, I am happy to help you! ILR for refugees is quite straight forward unless you have kids or your sponsoring your family, if you are single and your applying for yourself only then all what you need is, complete the form fully, take your life in the UK test and write a summary as why you want to stay in the UK, what is making you wanting to live here.. make sure you send your application a month before the expiry of your current residency.
thanks alot dear for your help.. i got married after i have been granted refugee leave and i have 2 kids. i ll be applying for my kids also..

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Shabaa wrote:Hi sundas2013, I am happy to help you! ILR for refugees is quite straight forward unless you have kids or your sponsoring your family, if you are single and your applying for yourself only then all what you need is, complete the form fully, take your life in the UK test and write a summary as why you want to stay in the UK, what is making you wanting to live here.. make sure you send your application a month before the expiry of your current residency.
Hi Shabaa - Sundas,

You don't need to take life In the UK test as part of Set P application.

regards,

sundas2013
United Kingdom

Post by sundas2013 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:50 pm

hi areej.. did you get any update?? anyone else have any progress, any good news for all of us who are waiting..

regards..

miladgeorge
Newly Registered

Post by miladgeorge » Tue May 02, 2017 11:12 am

Hello Shabaa,
Wishing you all the best in your application . Hope we get update soon ?!.
Thanks

Shabaa
Newly Registered

Post by Shabaa » Wed May 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Hello everyone, thank you all for your lovely wishes but unfortunately I haven't heard anything back yet, I feel so bad and I don't know what to do really! :( but I have drafted a letter for the HO requesting an update on my application, my life is on hold and I cant do anything, it has been more than 4 months now and I need to know ASAP due to my work arrangements, my organisation is going through a merger and I don't want to end up jobless at some stage!
@Sam the guideline in HO website says that I must under take the Life in the UK test but either way it is fine to be in the safe side! I will let you all know once I have a good news.. many thanks, Areej

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Shabaa wrote:Hello everyone, thank you all for your lovely wishes but unfortunately I haven't heard anything back yet, I feel so bad and I don't know what to do really! :( but I have drafted a letter for the HO requesting an update on my application, my life is on hold and I cant do anything, it has been more than 4 months now and I need to know ASAP due to my work arrangements, my organisation is going through a merger and I don't want to end up jobless at some stage!
@Sam the guideline in HO website says that I must under take the Life in the UK test but either way it is fine to be in the safe side! I will let you all know once I have a good news.. many thanks, Areej
Hi Shabaa,

Thanks for your comments, i wish you all the best, I am in a same position as you, my work has sent a letter to HO to expedite my application but they have said that its not possible as i dont have passionate reason and need to wait.

I have applied in Feb and didn't need to do Life in the UK test, its not required for Set P.

Thank you,

miladgeorge
Newly Registered

Post by miladgeorge » Sat May 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Sam1140 wrote:
Shabaa wrote:Hello everyone, thank you all for your lovely wishes but unfortunately I haven't heard anything back yet, I feel so bad and I don't know what to do really! :( but I have drafted a letter for the HO requesting an update on my application, my life is on hold and I cant do anything, it has been more than 4 months now and I need to know ASAP due to my work arrangements, my organisation is going through a merger and I don't want to end up jobless at some stage!
Hi Shabaa,

Thanks for your comments, i wish you all the best, I am in a same position as you, my work has sent a letter to HO to expedite my application but they have said that its not possible as i dont have passionate reason and need to wait.

I have applied in Feb and didn't need to do Life in the UK test, its not required for Set P.

Thank you,
is the English language test required here ? Thank you

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi Areej,

Have you got any update? did you hear anything back from HO regarding your letter?
Thanks

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:08 pm

is the English language test required here ? Thank you[/quote]

No, English Language test is not required for Set P,

Shabaa
Newly Registered

Post by Shabaa » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:18 am

Hello Everyone, hope you are all well.
first I would like to express my sadness for the awful act has happened in Manchester, heart-breaking to say the least, REALLY SORRY! :(
Still haven't received any news yet, they have responded to my letter couple of weeks ago stating the I shouldn't write to them to ask for update ( the letter was extremely cold as if human life means nothing to them ) Yes I am a refugee and I am Libyan but I am not a terrorist..... I don't have any option apart from waiting and hoping things will get better! best of luck to everyone and Happy Eid in advance.. :)
Regards, Areej

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:49 pm

HI Areej,

Hope you are well and all is good with you, we all were sad to see that attack in Manchester, no right minded human being can harm other innocent people, he was a sick man and represent no one except his sick mind.
I wish you hear good news, this waiting game is so painful.

Regards,

Shabaa
Newly Registered

Post by Shabaa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 am

hello everyone and Happy Friday!
I would like to share the good news with you all and finally have been granted my indefinite leave to remain! I have received my full paperwork yesterday and now waiting for my residence permit to arrive! waiting time was 5 months and 14 days.. :) good luck to everyone else who is waiting.. regards, areej

sundas2013
United Kingdom

Post by sundas2013 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 am

Shabaa wrote:hello everyone and Happy Friday!
I would like to share the good news with you all and finally have been granted my indefinite leave to remain! I have received my full paperwork yesterday and now waiting for my residence permit to arrive! waiting time was 5 months and 14 days.. :) good luck to everyone else who is waiting.. regards, areej
Congratulations dear.. i am sooo happy for u.. may God bless u ameen.. dnt forget to pray for all those who are waiting.. regards

miladgeorge
Newly Registered

Post by miladgeorge » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:26 pm

well done and i am so happy for you Areej! all the best !

refugee2017
Newly Registered

Post by refugee2017 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Salam Areej, It is very good news that you have now ILR and that painful period pain, anxiety and uncertainty is over for you :) . I wish very best for future and life after ILR, hope you will have no hurdle or difficulty from now on. Ameen
Kind Regards

Shabaa
Newly Registered

Post by Shabaa » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:05 am

hello everyone! thank you thank you and thank you to every single one of you for all the love and support.. Allhumdelalh god answered my prayers and everything went well.. it was a very painful period but thank God is over now. I will keep every single one of you in my prayers and Inchallah you hear the good news soon! Many thanks, Areej

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Hello shabaa and congratulations! I have received approval letter same day as you (30/06/2017) but still waiting for my BRP to arrive.

May I ask you that have you received your card? If yes Which courier was it? What day was on card? Regards