ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB Test - Indian Passport Holder Applying from Canada

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssavcn
Newly Registered

TB Test - Indian Passport Holder Applying from Canada

Post by ssavcn » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:34 am

Hello All,

I am an Indian passport holder. I am applying for a Tier 2 (General) Visa from Canada. I have been in Canada for 4 months but on a work visa valid for 24 months. I am not visiting Canada on a tourist/visitor visa.

My question is regarding the TB test. UKVI says that residents of the list of countries need to provide a TB test certificate. They do not say citizens. The webpage is https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview.

My question is, do I need a TB test? I think I am exempt because I am a resident of Canada while making the application and there is no requirement for Canada.

I would be grateful for your comments.

Has anyone else faced similar situation? As in they held a passport that required a TB test but made their Tier 2 application from a country where the test was not needed?

Thanks,
AC

abhi1146
Newly Registered

Re: TB Test - Indian Passport Holder Applying from Canada

Post by abhi1146 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:21 pm

If you are on a work permit/PR in Canada and applying from there for Tier 2 I do not think you need to give a TB test certificate.
I applied from Toronto and got it done without TB test.

ssavcn wrote:Hello All,

I am an Indian passport holder. I am applying for a Tier 2 (General) Visa from Canada. I have been in Canada for 4 months but on a work visa valid for 24 months. I am not visiting Canada on a tourist/visitor visa.

My question is regarding the TB test. UKVI says that residents of the list of countries need to provide a TB test certificate. They do not say citizens. The webpage is https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview.

My question is, do I need a TB test? I think I am exempt because I am a resident of Canada while making the application and there is no requirement for Canada.

I would be grateful for your comments.

Has anyone else faced similar situation? As in they held a passport that required a TB test but made their Tier 2 application from a country where the test was not needed?

Thanks,
AC

ssavcn
Newly Registered

Re: TB Test - Indian Passport Holder Applying from Canada

Post by ssavcn » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Thanks Abhi1146. How many months had you spent in Canada when you applied from Toronto?
abhi1146 wrote:If you are on a work permit/PR in Canada and applying from there for Tier 2 I do not think you need to give a TB test certificate.
I applied from Toronto and got it done without TB test.