ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for naturalisation EEA family member

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mandokinha2701

Evidence for naturalisation EEA family member

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:24 pm

I would like an advice on naturalisation.

According to my PR letter received in may 2017, I can apply for naturalisation in November 2017.
When applying for it, do I need to include all documents I sent previously for PR (including my partner's)? Or should I just send what refers to my residency?
What is the period that it should cover? 5+1 year? Or just for the PAST 5 years?

Thank you

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: Evidence for naturalisation EEA family member

Post by thsths » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:01 pm

This is a good question, but the answer is a bit confusing.

In terms of the law, you have to demonstrate residence for the past 5 years before nationalisation.

But the UKBA expects you to do that using an employer's letter or a university registration - they do not accept bank statements, council bills etc (as far as I understand).

So you need a very different set of documents.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:19 pm

The requirements for PR and naturalisation are quite different.

To start with, you need to prove that you (not your partner or anybody else) have been resident in the UK for the five years immediately preceding the date of application AND that you were physically present in the UK at the start of the five years. So, for instance, if you were to apply today, you have to prove that you were in the UK on 19/06/2017.

There are also other requirements, such as an absence requirement much more stringent than that for PR, a minimum requirement of English, the LITUK test, the good character requirements, etc.

You would be best off going through the Guide AN and Booklet AN in some detail.

If you were working in the UK, your P60s and salary statements would show that you were resident in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Mandokinha2701

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:10 pm

In all fairness, how am I meant to prove I'm in the uk at the day of the application? Surely, the application being made is proof enough?

So I don't have to show the reasons why I got PR? Only have to prove I lived here for the past 5 years?
Not past 5 + 1 year of PR?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Mandokinha2701 wrote:In all fairness, how am I meant to prove I'm in the uk at the day of the application? Surely, the application being made is proof enough?
I am sure other EEA applicants will guide your further on this point. For a non-EEA citizen, it is dead simple. Passport stamps. But it is a non-dispensable requirement of the law.
Mandokinha2701 wrote:So I don't have to show the reasons why I got PR?
No. You do need to send in the PR Card itself.
Mandokinha2701 wrote:Only have to prove I lived here for the past 5 years?
You need to prove five years of residence in the UK and that you have had PR for one year. The one year of PR can be included within the five years residence period.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 am

secret.simon wrote: I am sure other EEA applicants will guide your further on this point. For a non-EEA citizen, it is dead simple. Passport stamps. But it is a non-dispensable requirement of the law.
As I understand it, if passport stamps are not available the applicant's self-declaration [of presence in the U.K., Channel Islands or Isle of Man on a specific date] will usually be acceptable provided that it is not inconsistent with other evidence of residence supplied.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

Mandokinha2701

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Thank you very much.

So as a EEA family member with PR all I need is

Passport
PR (not necessary)
AN form
5 p60's for the past 5 years

Is that it?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Mandokinha2701 wrote:Thank you very much.

So as a EEA family member with PR all I need is

Passport
PR (not necessary)
AN form
5 p60's for the past 5 years

Is that it?
Don't forget LITUK and English B1 certificates. Also your PR card is still required. NCS will take copies of originals and return same to you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ANGELA LIMA

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi,

I have a similar situation. I am a non eea family member who has a PR card over 12 months. My husgand who is an EEA and has PR Card as well(over 12 months), wants to apply for BC. My questions :

1) If he applies first for naturalization, can it cause any problem when I apply for my naturalization being an EEA family member?What is the best course of action?

2) What documents I can show as a non eea family member, who doesn't work?

3) When my UK EEA born children(minors) apply after my husband is naturalised, will apply under EEA Law or British?

Thanks in advance.....