ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

simultaneous passport & citizenship application - duration?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nordize
Newly Registered

simultaneous passport & citizenship application - duration?

Post by nordize » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi all,

Are there any stats at all about the applications made for citizenship+passport simultaneously? (I did look at the two dedicated threads for each)

I made such an application (submitted a joint application for both citizenship and passport, which is now allowed) and I had the citizenship ceremony yesterday, but haven't yet received any word about the passport. Does anyone know what the next steps are for this kind of application, and roughly how long it takes till the passport is issued?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: simultaneous passport & citizenship application - durati

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:24 pm

The council where you had your ceremony has to notify HO that you have attended. Only then will HMPO be informed and your passport finished and sent. It can take a couple of weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.