ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Posted 29th Feb....will this be accepted??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mycall
Newly Registered

Application Posted 29th Feb....will this be accepted??

Post by mycall » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:16 am

Hi PPL!!

I only recently realised my WHV had come to the end of my 12month work Permit and as such i started to look into my HSMP.

I requested my documents to be posted from back home however they didnt arrive until 1pm Friday 29th Feb, and as such i was unable to send my application by post until friday afternoon (sent express although likely didnt arrive until today)

What i was wondering is does anyone know if they will accept this as the date i applied... ie the postal stamp date, 29th Feb, or is it the date they receive my application??....
Transitional Arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance or further leave to remain by making a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. They are:

if, on 29 February 2008, you have already applied for or obtained an HSMP approval letter but have yet to apply for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant.

If not it means i need to return all the way back to Australia as those on Working holiday can no longer switch over... and there goes £1000 flight not to mention the rest :/

Thanks for your advice.

Mike