ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visit Visa for my mum from Pakistan been refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zulqarnain

Standard Visit Visa for my mum from Pakistan been refused

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi All,

Recently my mum applied for standard visit visa for UK for 29 days which was refused. I am sponsoring her trip to UK. My bank statements both for current account and saving account were submitted but not her bank statements. I did sell one of my properties recently and moved the amount to newly created savings account which I referred to in visa application to be used for my mum's sponsor. I do not think that clearance officer even noticed my saving bank statements but he pointed out few uncertainties in my current bank account statements mentioning some large deposits. However, my current bank statements had nothing to do with sponsor amount, it was to come from my saving accounts. So, this was the first objection. Secondly, he said my mum did not submit any bank statements of her account so he says he is not satisfied how she is going to fund herself. When I clearly said in application, I WILL FUND HER from my SAVING BANK ACCOUNT. Thirdly, this is bit tricky one, based on last both objections he said he is not satisfied that she will return back to Pakistan after her trip. I totally understand and appreciate first both objections and can certainly submit documents to deal with them but how shall I even deal with this last objection?

Also, can someone please tell if I am sponsoring my mum and submitting my bank statements do I still have to submit her bank statements?

If I am funding her UK trip from my savings account then do I still have to submit my current bank account statements?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Zayk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Standard Visit Visa for my mum from Pakistan been refuse

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Yes you do. She must submit evidence of her personal and financial circumstances in her home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:21 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes you do. She must submit evidence of her personal and financial circumstances in her home country.
Thanks for your reply.

How is her financial circumstances are relevant to this case? When I am sponsoring her complete trip.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:
CR001 wrote:Yes you do. She must submit evidence of her personal and financial circumstances in her home country.
Thanks for your reply.

How is her financial circumstances are relevant to this case? When I am sponsoring her complete trip.
Reasons to return......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Suggest you have a good read of all the parent visit visa topics posted on the forum and see how many have been refused due to not submitting evidence of the PARENTS personal and financial circumstances in home country.

You sponsoring the trip is irrelevant in proving parent(s) ties to home country.

If anything, you have made the refusal easy by showing she has not ties, you have lots of money to look after you and the ECO likely thinks she won't leave the UK.

Years of abuse by some has made it very difficult for genuine visitors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:39 pm

CR001 wrote:Suggest you have a good read of all the parent visit visa topics posted on the forum and see how many have been refused due to not submitting evidence of the PARENTS personal and financial circumstances in home country.

You sponsoring the trip is irrelevant in proving parent(s) ties to home country.

If anything, you have made the refusal easy by showing she has not ties, you have lots of money to look after you and the ECO likely thinks she won't leave the UK.

Years of abuse by some has made it very difficult for genuine visitors.
It all makes sense.

What if she has got nothing in her bank account and she has been supported by me always ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Then she has a slight problem in that she has very little to convince them she is a genuine visitor and will leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:49 pm

What about other documents she has shown or will be showing in her next application to prove her ties with home country including land documents, property documents and documents showing two dependent sons who are still studying and have no one in Pakistan except her?

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:What about other documents she has shown or will be showing in her next application to prove her ties with home country including land documents, property documents and documents showing two dependent sons who are still studying and have no one in Pakistan except her?
Property documents carry very little weight. Property can be sold and transferred from abroad.

Best bit is open a bank account for her. Put regular income in it for next 6 to 8 months. If she has two dependent sons who r studying, Ask school or college to give enrollment letters to them so u can show to ECO that they r studying in school. Also get Nadra Family tree certificate to show that 2 of your brothers live with your mom in same address.

I am surprised who gave u suggestion to apply visit visa without applicant bank statement. It's a must thing to show with application. ECO r more keen to see applicant financial ties in home country rather than sponsor.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:26 am

Route to ILR wrote:
Zulqarnain wrote:What about other documents she has shown or will be showing in her next application to prove her ties with home country including land documents, property documents and documents showing two dependent sons who are still studying and have no one in Pakistan except her?
Property documents carry very little weight. Property can be sold and transferred from abroad.

Best bit is open a bank account for her. Put regular income in it for next 6 to 8 months. If she has two dependent sons who r studying, Ask school or college to give enrollment letters to them so u can show to ECO that they r studying in school. Also get Nadra Family tree certificate to show that 2 of your brothers live with your mom in same address.

I am surprised who gave u suggestion to apply visit visa without applicant bank statement. It's a must thing to show with application. ECO r more keen to see applicant financial ties in home country rather than sponsor.

Many thanks for your reply and suggestions, they are helpful.

I have got documents showing both of her sons studying in Pakistan. I am now going to get Nadra Family tree, I assume it is a straight forward process and I will be sent the FRC straight away?

Just wanted to ask about her bank account, which is a major concern, I noticed you said she needs regular money going into her account. If this is the case, then I have been sending her money for very long. Most of the times through western union to her bank account or to agent for collection. I have got all receipts for Western Union transactions. Few times, I have sent money to my both younger brothers who are living with her because it is convenient for collection. So all in all, I can definitely show regular money going to her, sometimes in her account, sometimes in her sons account and sometimes to western union. I can give Western Union receipts, her bank account statements and her both sons bank account statements.

Will that sort this out?

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:49 am

The fact that you are supporting your mother financially and are her main or only regular source of income actually weakens her application. The ECO is likely to take the view that this financial support can easily continue if she enters the UK and overstays as a visitor. :idea:

Regrettably, since the Immigration Rules for elderly dependent relatives were tightened considerably in July 2012, many see a visitor visa for their parents as way to get them into the UK by a 'back route'. As CR001 has already commented, this has made it very difficult for genuine visitors to get a visa and I know this from personal experience.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:05 am

It would make much sense if you can demonstrate your siblings in her home country are supporting your mother financially
This will help with family ties as well back home
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:18 am

poper wrote:It would make much sense if you can demonstrate your siblings in her home country are supporting your mother financially
Hi Poper, many thanks for your response. She has been supported occasionally by my sibling as well but money was not transferred to her account because they are all living at same address so there was no need to transfer the money to her account. In this case, what documents do I have to provide to show she was also supported by my sibling?

Thanks.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:
poper wrote:It would make much sense if you can demonstrate your siblings in her home country are supporting your mother financially
Hi Poper, many thanks for your response. She has been supported occasionally by my sibling as well but money was not transferred to her account because they are all living at same address so there was no need to transfer the money to her account. In this case, what documents do I have to provide to show she was also supported by my sibling?

Thanks.
The below may not be exhaustive:

-Bank statements and other financial/property documents from siblings. Sibling needs to display they are financially sound and mention in their letter to ECO that they support your mom financially and will continue to support her when she returns
-IDs/documents which show relation between sibling and mother
-IDs/documents of other relatives with close family ties with your mum
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:11 pm

poper wrote:
Zulqarnain wrote:

Thanks.
The below may not be exhaustive:

-Bank statements and other financial/property documents from siblings. Sibling needs to display they are financially sound and mention in their letter to ECO that they support your mom financially and will continue to support her when she returns
-IDs/documents which show relation between sibling and mother
-IDs/documents of other relatives with close family ties with your mum
Many thanks for this.

Just couple of quick questions (whoever can answer), who do you address all covering letters to when you make applications from Pakistan?

And when you prepare land and property documents, do you have to valuate them to show how much they are worth ? and then convert them into GBP?