ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maxi ISA as evidence for Maintenance Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

room606
Newly Registered

Maxi ISA as evidence for Maintenance Requirement

Post by room606 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:22 am

I have just read the new requirements for the Tier 1 visa and in order to qualify for leave to remain under Tier 1, an applicant must demonstrate they have sufficient funds of at least £800 over a 3 month period.

Point 4 under the Maintenance requirements section of the Tier 1 guide states the following as valid evidence for this requirement:

4. Letter from Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulated
financial institution confirming funds:
The letter from Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulated
financial institution should state:
• the applicant's name;
• the account number;
• the date of the letter;
• the financial institution's name and logo;
• the funds held in the applicant's account;
• that the funds of £800 have been in the bank for at
least 3 months and the balance must always have
been at least £800.
Letters which simply state the balance in the account on
a particular day or an average balance over the 3 month
period are not sufficient.

Would a Maxi ISA qualify for this? For those not familiar with ISAs, they are tax-free savings accounts and a maxi ISA is an individual savings account that can also hold stocks and shares.

Thanks

asys
Newly Registered

hi

Post by asys » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:57 am

Hi,

Mini Cash ISA should also be fine but the typical cost of maintaing such account can cost some money .

ideal you can look at any Saving accounts which most of the Banks offer and you should be able to keep money in it .
Most of the Banks in UK is regulated by FSA.

room606
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by room606 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:26 pm

asys wrote:Hi,

Mini Cash ISA should also be fine but the typical cost of maintaing such account can cost some money .

ideal you can look at any Saving accounts which most of the Banks offer and you should be able to keep money in it .
Yes, I'm pretty certain that a cash ISA would be fine. My concern is whether a maxi ISA containing most of its value in stocks and shares would be accepted as proof of maintenance funds.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Maxi ISA as evidence for Maintenance Requirement

Post by pantaiema » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:23 pm

it might be acceptable, but the problem with Maxi ISA, is that it is a tax free investement and you might the real value less than the value after valuation and not as instant as cahs, current a/c, etc.

I fully believe mini Cash ISA (not Maxix ISA) will be acceptable.
room606 wrote: Would a Maxi ISA qualify for this? For those not familiar with ISAs, they are tax-free savings accounts and a maxi ISA is an individual savings account that can also hold stocks and shares.

Thanks
Pantaiema

sidshekhar

Re: hi

Post by sidshekhar » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:59 am

Hello,
I am providing Cash Mini ISA statement to score points under Maintainence Funds section.Do I need to provide a letter from the Bank saying that Cash Mini ISA is instant access account and can be accessed immidiately.
Regards,
Sid

room606 wrote:
asys wrote:Hi,

Yes, I'm pretty certain that a cash ISA would be fine. My concern is whether a maxi ISA containing most of its value in stocks and shares would be accepted as proof of maintenance funds.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:05 am

Hi

Did you provide any additional documents along with Mini Cash ISA
to score points under Maintainence Funds ?

Thanks for your time

tech