ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scantybat
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by scantybat » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:51 pm

I got my email today saying that I will be getting my documents back soon, and that a decision has been made, but no word on what the decision actually is. It is pretty annoying that they don't tell you what it is until the literal last second of opening up your package and frantically searching for any evidence of a decision.

AGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Is this how I will find out? Will a letter be placed in with my documents telling me what the hell is going on??? It is a couriered service so it will be coming directly to me.

scantybat
Newly Registered

Post by scantybat » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:54 pm

SimonS wrote:Hi guys,

there is a lot of confusion at the moment so I will add to it with my experience thus far in a hope to reduce confusion but probably only making matters worse!!

Application submitted: 19th April PRIORITY - St Petersburg, Russian Federation
Biometrics enrolled at : ST Petersburg, Russian Federation, 21st April
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 4th May, received in Sheffield 5th May.
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on : Not yet. Advised that this will be whenever they feel like sending them back to me!! Call 30th June
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable) : No, employer neither.
Contacted with 'decision made' : No
Contacted for Collection : No
Collection made : NA
Decision of Application : NA

So basically, 51 working days have passed today since day after Biometrics. My wife has never received an on hold email, we have no children involved in the application and I earn in excess of £70k per year basic salary for over 3 years with same employer. Normally I would not share that last piece of information but time to expel some myths.

1st email enquiry was 31st May = 26 working days since day after Biometrics. Told not even reached ECO and days counted begin from date of Biometrics.

2nd email enquiry was 7th June, no reply. Received an automatic email on Sunday 18th June from UKV&I stating they had answered our enquiry and inviting us to participate in the satisfaction survey! They never ever bothered to respond.

Contacted MP by email 20th June, told by MP that BY LAW they cannot get involved until 12 weeks - 60 working days - have passed. Anybody on here who says their MP is making enquiries before 12 weeks must have a very generous or very dishonest MP.

First call to UKV&I Friday 30th June = 48 working days on PRIORITY. Told

1) Our application is recognised as PRIORITY
2) My wifes application is with ECO, at the final stage, awaiting decision.
3) This means that some additional checks need to be made and don't know how long it takes.
4) It depends on how quickly the parties contacted respond.
5) Told that priority means you get to the front of the queue but could still take 26 weeks!!!!!!!!!
6) Given a log number. Told to use this next time I call as it will save time and help them find my wifes application more quickly.
7) They will send our documents back when they please, could be tomorrow, could be when they invite my wife to collect her passport or anytime in between.
8) They would not give me a refund for the email they did not respond to. Told me to go to gov.uk, complain and request refund there. Like I'm going to do that while they are assessing the application!

17 minutes total on call. Bye bye >£20.

Just to confirm what others have said, they block a £20 charge to your card but only take the cost of the call in minutes @ £1.37/min from your account. It's just they also make sure you are kept on the line for at least 10 minutes while they find your application :evil:

Second call to UKV&I today 5th July = 51 working days PRIORITY. Told......

1) Log number does not exist????????????? Asked for email address of Applicant - My wife
2) Counted days for application begin the day after Biometrics because some people attend in afternoon some attend in morning. Biometrics for us was a Friday morning but I always counted from the Monday following so no change to days elapsed on timer.
2) It goes without saying no decision :cry:
3) Told that priority means you get to the front of the queue but if after 60 working days - 12 weeks - you have not had a decision it can be escalated BUT ONLY AFTER 12 WEEKS - Same as MP - Interesting
4) You can request to have case escalated before 12 weeks but Sheffield will just ignore it and only process escalation from after 12 weeks.
5) Everything is taking longer because of additional checks due to recent "World Events" - So now my wife is considered a potential mass murdering terrorist lol BS
6) More interesting - Told they have ABSOLUTELY NO VISIBILITY ON APPLICATIONS except a) yet to be assessed, b) awaiting decision, c) open = on hold d) decided (but not decision)
7) The only way to get my documents back - my beloved passport that I need for my job - is to cancel my wifes application!!?? :evil:

15 minutes total on call. Bye bye another £20.

So basically, two phone calls, two completely contradictory answers and no clue as to when this nightmare will end. My advice, do not even bother calling and feeding this purely money making machine. I know I did it but my reason was that I actually genuinely need my passport back for my job. Otherwise it was completely unneccessary and only achieved giving me peace of mind that they're a complete bunch of lying, useless, unprofessional BLEEPS!

The saving grace was I decided to voice record both conversations in full :idea: Will be very happy to send this to my MP if I don't get decision in next 8 working days. Who konws where else I'll send it in the future lol

Cheers
Simon
I'm sorry you have to go through this hell. It is exactly that, a nightmare. try this link! It is how I checked on my application's progress. have your GWF number ready.

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:05 pm

scantybat wrote:I got my email today saying that I will be getting my documents back soon, and that a decision has been made, but no word on what the decision actually is. It is pretty annoying that they don't tell you what it is until the literal last second of opening up your package and frantically searching for any evidence of a decision.

AGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Is this how I will find out? Will a letter be placed in with my documents telling me what the hell is going on??? It is a couriered service so it will be coming directly to me.
Hi
If you could please tell us when did you apply as in date of your biometric
Thanks !

scantybat
Newly Registered

Post by scantybat » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
scantybat wrote:I got my email today saying that I will be getting my documents back soon, and that a decision has been made, but no word on what the decision actually is. It is pretty annoying that they don't tell you what it is until the literal last second of opening up your package and frantically searching for any evidence of a decision.

Hi
Thanks !
I think I have been quite lucky, I applied on the 15th of May in person through priority service. So since they got my stuff in Sheffield, it has been 36 days of waiting. But I still dont know the decision.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:12 pm

scantybat wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Hi
Thanks !
I think I have been quite lucky, I applied on the 15th of May in person through priority service. So since they got my stuff in Sheffield, it has been 36 days of waiting. But I still dont know the decision.
Oh that's amazing !! Best of luck ... I'm sure it's a good news :)

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:34 pm

scantybat wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Hi
Thanks !
Hi scantybat,

that's great news, at least we know decisions are still coming through. Thanks for sharing. Out of interest, where did you/your spouse apply from?
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

scantybat
Newly Registered

Post by scantybat » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:05 pm

SimonS wrote:
scantybat wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Hi
Thanks !
Hi scantybat,

that's great news, at least we know decisions are still coming through. Thanks for sharing. Out of interest, where did you/your spouse apply from?
I applied from Edmonton, Canada.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:30 pm

AGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Is this how I will find out? Will a letter be placed in with my documents telling me what the hell is going on??? It is a couriered service so it will be coming directly to me.[/quote]
Hi
Thanks ![/quote]

I think I have been quite lucky, I applied on the 15th of May in person through priority service. So since they got my stuff in Sheffield, it has been 36 days of waiting. But I still dont know the decision.[/quote]

Hi scantybat,

that's great news, at least we know decisions are still coming through. Thanks for sharing. Out of interest, where did you/your spouse apply from?[/quote]
I applied from Edmonton, Canada.[/quote]

Many thanks. Fingers crossed for you. Sure it will be a positive decision.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:42 am

Greetings Everyone,
Does anyone know anyone whose case was Put on Hold due to supreme court ruling and they got their application concluded?

Application Category: Spouse (Husband) Priority

Application Submitted Online: 25-Jan-2017

Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Karachi

Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 09-Feb-2017

Application Forwarded To British High Commission On : 09-Feb-2017

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 15-Feb-2017

Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 22-Feb-2017

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): 07-Mar-17 ( Employer & Employee received a Call same day )

Case Not Straightforward Email + Application on Hold Email : 08-Mar-17

Status Check & Escalation Response : 25-May-17 ( ''Application Still on Hold and unable to confirm how long it will be on hold for'' )

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : Still Waiting

Contacted For Collection : Not yet

Collection Made : Not yet

Decision Of Application : Not yet

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:39 am

Hi

unitedkingdom12
Raj86
Mohsin1987ali
hus7876
qwerty85
pixelrage09
missvancity,
shid786
rvg
bham
All
tarunmsn
Akpk1980

Did anyone of you get any updates ?
Or Application concluded?

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Application Category: Spouse (Husband) Normal
Application Submitted Online: 19 March 2017
Biometrics,Passport & Supporting Document Submission (Location): Sylhet, Bangladesh
Biometrics,Passport & Supporting Document Submission (Date): 28 March 2017
Case Not Straightforward Email: 14 June 2017
Status Check & Escalation Response : Numerous time, last update 4 July - "Awaiting Decision"
Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : Still Waiting
Contacted For Collection : Not yet
Collection Made : Not yet
Decision Of Application : Not yet

Thinking my husband was probably with the last batch of applications that were sent to New Delhi for processing rather than Sheffield and whether this is what is causing delays. No one seems to know what is happening....

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:35 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Hi

unitedkingdom12
Raj86
Mohsin1987ali
hus7876
qwerty85
pixelrage09
missvancity,
shid786
rvg
bham
All
tarunmsn
Akpk1980

Did anyone of you get any updates ?
Or Application concluded?

Still nothing yet. We are officially over the 24 week (120 days) time frame this week. I had my MP call them a few times and they had the gall to tell him not to call back and bother them.

This is a slap in the face of ECHR's Article 8 right to family life and human rights in general.

Absolute joke of an application process.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:09 pm

This is Absolutely Horrible, MP has been the last hope:/

Pixel rage What was your biometrics date?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:25 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:This is Absolutely Horrible, MP has been the last hope:/

Pixel rage What was your biometrics date?
Biometrics on Feb 3.

We are really contemplating going for a Pre-Action Protocol and send a message through our solicitor to the Home Office that we are willing to take this to court if this takes any longer.

I honestly think more people should be doing this otherwise, HO will keep delaying our cases indefinitely.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:51 pm

My partner received the hold email, biometrics submitted 5.5.17 - 49 working days as 1 Uk bank holiday since then. He applied from Lima Peru. I checked the service standards and according to the site, as of May 2017, 100% of all settlement applications were decided within 60 days from Lima. So I'm hoping that this is good news at least. But still not confident with noit actually hearing of anyone who got their visa after the application was placed on hold

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't think they include on hold applications as outstanding

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:58 am

Biometrics on Feb 3.

We are really contemplating going for a Pre-Action Protocol and send a message through our solicitor to the Home Office that we are willing to take this to court if this takes any longer.

I honestly think more people should be doing this otherwise, HO will keep delaying our cases indefinitely.
Dear Pixel Rage,
Could you please inform what are the pre-requisites of this Pre Action Protocol & how are you proceeding then?
As Me & You have just 3-4 days difference of Biometrics Date .
Im not sure about this procedure but what if it itself takes 3-5 months while the hold is uphelp by then ;/ ?
so would it be wise ?

Dear Admin,
i have been trying to send a private message but the messages get into Outbox rather sent messages , why is it so ? Does that mean my messages are not being sent ?
I also have been trying to contact Admin but couldnt find any way on this website except writing on a thread !
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:09 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:[Dear Admin,
i have been trying to send a private message but the messages get into Outbox rather sent messages , why is it so ? Does that mean my messages are not being sent ?
I also have been trying to contact Admin but couldnt find any way on this website except writing on a thread !
Regards
It stays in the Outbox until the recipient READS the message. It only moves to SENT at that point. If you have sent a message to someone who does not have the PM privilege, then it will stay in the OUTBOX. Who are you trying to PM?

Members are again reminded that they should not send unsolicited PMs to members and should post in public. Any abuse of the PM privilege by a member and it will be permanently withdrawn.

The link below is where you post requests to Moderators.

comments-about-discussion-board/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Thankyou very much ,
i have sent the Pm's to the user with same On hold Application issue .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Thankyou very much ,
Which user exactly??? Multiple users???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm

3 users randyjan raj86 and mohsin as they don't seem to be on the threads .
And also they have their applications on hold .
I would want to ask if the users of the locked thread have been blocked ? Because there seem to be hardly anyone on this thread with a Specific On Hold Application due to Supreme court Ruling ?
Dear Admin ,
The locked thread was very upto date with on hild application's.
Is there any solution to it shall be highly appreciated

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Dear CR001,

Could you please look into my PM privilege as well? It hasn't been working for a while and I have never sent anyone any unsolicited messages.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:58 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Dear CR001,

Could you please look into my PM privilege as well? It hasn't been working for a while and I have never sent anyone any unsolicited messages.
You must have missed my earlier response on page 1 of this topic.

immigration-for-family-members/still-wa ... l#p1502103
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:00 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:3 users randyjan raj86 and mohsin as they don't seem to be on the threads .
And also they have their applications on hold .
I would want to ask if the users of the locked thread have been blocked ? Because there seem to be hardly anyone on this thread with a Specific On Hold Application due to Supreme court Ruling ?
Dear Admin ,
The locked thread was very upto date with on hild application's.
Is there any solution to it shall be highly appreciated
All three those users do not have PM access.

The locked thread will remain locked and moaning about it or raising it over and over again is not going to change that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Pixel Rage,
Could you please inform what are the pre-requisites of this Pre Action Protocol & how are you proceeding then?
As Me & You have just 3-4 days difference of Biometrics Date .
Im not sure about this procedure but what if it itself takes 3-5 months while the hold is uphelp by then ;/ ?
so would it be wise ?