ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refugee application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Refugee application

Post by Northernboy122 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi again. I can not read any private message bcoz of website limits for the new members. Please write here if there is anything. Regards

shoiabrehman
Newly Registered

Post by shoiabrehman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 am

Hi, Congratulation. Please what written on BRP INDEFINITE, anything about asylum or refugee status. can you travel you to your own country on indefinite? thanks. best wishes :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:16 am

shoiabrehman wrote:Hi, Congratulation. Please what written on BRP INDEFINITE, anything about asylum or refugee status. can you travel you to your own country on indefinite? thanks. best wishes :)
It doesn't need to be written on the BRP. All data is held on the UKVI system and will be evident when checked at UK Border Control.
You may need to explain why you are now able to safely return to a country from which you sought asylum. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shoiabrehman
Newly Registered

Post by shoiabrehman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 am

Hi, Thanks for your comments. Refugee status 5 years and after 5 years getting ILR . Can travel to the own country because Dad already passed away from the heart attack and mom has been admitted to hospital and mom is in End of Life condition. Doctor report included as an evidence. kind regards: :)

Lee16
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by Lee16 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello Everyone.

I'm a syrian refugee , my leave to remain will expire next month.
I have several questions I will be grateful if anyone can answer them.

1-When waiting for the outcome of the ILR application, do they give me anything that proves that I still
have the right to work until the outcome of my application ?
2-Can every refugee who applied for ILR after 5 years of Limited leave to remain share
his/her experience and the time it took to get the outcome of his/her application ?
3- Is it possible to use the premium service for this type of ILR application ? or that is only for
the other typle of ILR application that is not for refugees and requires life in UK test ?

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by salsabeel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Lee16 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm
Hello Everyone.

I'm a syrian refugee , my leave to remain will expire next month.
I have several questions I will be grateful if anyone can answer them.

1-When waiting for the outcome of the ILR application, do they give me anything that proves that I still
have the right to work until the outcome of my application ?
2-Can every refugee who applied for ILR after 5 years of Limited leave to remain share
his/her experience and the time it took to get the outcome of his/her application ?
3- Is it possible to use the premium service for this type of ILR application ? or that is only for
the other typle of ILR application that is not for refugees and requires life in UK test ?
hellow,
1,yes they receive acknoledgement letter which explains their rights to live /work/benefits etc. i got it with my biomatric letter. it is proof by home office u can show it on workplace too,i used it.
2, u can find all ur answers just click here indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-protecti ... -1700.html
3,NOPE, u CAN NOT use the premium service for refugee ILR settlements.refugees are not required life in UK test or other language tests at this stage but later on when he/she apply naturalisation REFUGEE ILR holder need to pass these tests.
BEST OF LUCK . :)
SALSABEEL