ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR for HSMP under TIER 1 discussion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

FLR for HSMP under TIER 1 discussion

Post by ashishashah » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:22 am

Hello,

Is any 1 having HSMP and applying for Extension /FLR under TIER 1 ?

I hold HSMP and need to go for FLR this year...

Lets discuss about how to go about it..
I could think of
1)Form Filling discussion
2)Major hurdles/issues you can think of..e.g you need to maintain min. balance of 800 GBP in your account for at least 3 months prior to your extension ..
3)Fees
4)Procedure /address etc..

I can see many threads going around TIER 1,so lets consolidate and post here..

Thanks
Ashish

Member of Standing

Miantenance funds

Post by 1664 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:32 am

Hello all,

You must have seen from my previous posts that I am looking to apply for extension and having problems abt the maintenance funds...

As it happens I dont have a minimum level of £800 in the month of Feb...and this new rule was totally unexpected.

I have also spoken to BIA this morning and they have confirmed that there is nothing that can be done....I have to show a minimum balance of £800 after every transaction for three month. they will not accept the month end balance.

I need to apply for the extension in May...I see not way out of this mess that has been created by Tier 1.

If anyone can think of any solution or advice to this problem...please let me know.

Many thanks

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:42 am

Hi,

So u r applying extension in MAy ,so your deadline starts from March ..
So make sure that from march 1st , you keep min. balance of 800 GBP in your accout...IF possible dont spend money from your account for the time being..Try to borrow from friends etc..

I think we all need to be aware of this NEW rules ..

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:54 am

Thanks for your reply.

I need to show bank statements from Feb onwards otherwise it will not make 3 months...

Feb - march
March - April
April - May

And I need to apply before 16th may 2008 as my stamping is till 18th may 2008.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:07 pm

I am wondering if there is any solution to this...otherwise it just means that if the maintenance fund of £800 can not be shown at all times then there is actually no point in applying for extension and wasting £750...

If any of you have any sugestions, please help.

Thank you

Spear

Post by Spear » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:45 pm

I suggest you do the following:
Make sure you have £800.00 from the start of March. That gives you March, April and up to the 16th of May when you apply. When you apply sent your bank statements but in your cover letter indicate that you you will send additional bank evidence. In another 2 weeks send your internet bank statements via fax. That should give you the time required. Keep your fingers crossed that it will take 2 weeks to get to the case worker (but most likely it will take even longer). To buy yourself a couple days you could choose a payment method that would take take the longest time to clear and you could request that consideration is delayed for a week or so.

Good luck

doctor145
Newly Registered

maintanance funds

Post by doctor145 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:39 pm

i have a very important question, if you can answer , i will be grateful. I have applied for extension of my HSMP on 26/02/2008, the fee has been deducted and LT number issued. I have send my pay slips and letter from emlpoyer which show about 3000 pounds coming to my account every month, also my last bank statement show about 10000 pounds . But unfortunatly by balance was less than 800 pounds over the last 3 months. i also have 3 dependemnts.
will consoider my appplication against the new or old rules, if old rules then will it be okay or will it come for refusal because of lack of mainatance funds for three months

thanks

shifi

Post by shifi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:53 pm

Do you'll know if we can show maintenance fund from multiple bank accounts and if it’s possible to show funds from outside UK. I'm trying to reach the support phone # extremely difficult to get through to them.

claytoncrabtree
Newly Registered

Post by claytoncrabtree » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:10 pm

This is a very good point... I am think about taking a risk with this and showing a letter from my bank showing I have a £3000 credit limit on my credit card. I know this isn't showing a minimum £800 in a bank account but it is showing I have "access to £800 available funds to support themselves". What do you think of that? Is it just a waste of money to apply? I work in the UK yet bank in America and the money is transfered so really nether account has money that sits in it.

mpunaskar
United Kingdom

Maintainance fund - different bank accounts

Post by mpunaskar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Last edited by mpunaskar on Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:17 pm

i suppose u guys can jsut show multiple bank accounts to show u have at least 800 pounds. i am sure overseas bank accounts should do fine too. After all many people have overseas bank accounts. to me the crazy thing is it is at such short notice, many people cannot prepare at all.It is like they are trying their best to kick us out.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:30 am

Thank you Spear for your advise.

I am wondering will they accept a note in covering letter that I will be sending 1 month bank statement later i.e. after 6th june. because they are now accepting internet statements.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:16 am

I am thinking of going back home and applying under the new Tier 1 system as I my bank balance was below £800 for a few days in Feb.

I was looking to apply for extension in May2008. But guess there is no way out...

Any advice or suggestions?

shifi

Post by shifi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 am

alientrader wrote:i suppose u guys can jsut show multiple bank accounts to show u have at least 800 pounds. i am sure overseas bank accounts should do fine too. After all many people have overseas bank accounts. to me the crazy thing is it is at such short notice, many people cannot prepare at all.It is like they are trying their best to kick us out.
Heard that it is possible to show multiple accounts, even from overseas banks (as long as it’s not bound by any fix term deposit contract). Also you can show accounts of any dependents if you are applying together.