ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport & Dependent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

British Passport & Dependent

Post by UK007 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Hello everyone,

now that I have received my approval & booked my ceremony for 29th July. Couple of questions:

1. Can I apply for British passport online now without having the certificate on my hand ?

2. I am on ILR SET(LR), my wife is on FLR(M), after I get the citizenship certificate I have to send my biometric card to HO, what happens with my wife's visa, is it still valid until the expiry date on biometric card ?

Thanks a lot.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: British Passport & Dependent

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:50 pm

UK007 wrote:Hello everyone,

now that I have received my approval & booked my ceremony for 29th July. Couple of questions:

1. Can I apply for British passport online now without having the certificate on my hand ? NO. You are not British until you have attended your citizenship ceremony and so will not be entitled to apply for a British passport until then.

2. I am on ILR SET(LR), my wife is on FLR(M), after I get the citizenship certificate I have to send my biometric card to HO, what happens with my wife's visa, is it still valid until the expiry date on biometric card ? YES

Thanks a lot.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British Passport & Dependent

Post by UK007 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Casa wrote:
UK007 wrote:Hello everyone,

1. Can I apply for British passport online now without having the certificate on my hand ? NO. You are not British until you have attended your citizenship ceremony and so will not be entitled to apply for a British passport until then.

2. I am on ILR SET(LR), my wife is on FLR(M), after I get the citizenship certificate I have to send my biometric card to HO, what happens with my wife's visa, is it still valid until the expiry date on biometric card ? YES

Thanks a lot.

Thank you Casa.

Do you know if countersignatory needs to fill in any section & certify photo for online application ?