ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi all,

Check your immigration and visa status always shows " reference number not recognised " will it ever show " it recognised " or give your visa application status?!?!
Any one any idea when will our never ending wait get over ?!?!
One thing is for sure if not anything HO will teach us all the real meaning of the word" patience "

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Geet1328 wrote:Hi all,

Check your immigration and visa status always shows " reference number not recognised " will it ever show " it recognised " or give your visa application status?!?!
One thing is for sure if not anything HO will teach us all the real meaning of the word" patience "
Hey Geet ,
Can you share your timeline with also if you received on Hold Supreme court ruling email ?

asmaathi
Newly Registered

Post by asmaathi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:12 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:It's been nearly 2 months since the status changed to "awaiting a decision" and there seems to be no hint whatsoever of how much longer this is going to take.

I know a few other forum members on here that were on the same status update and would really appreciate if you have had any news in regards to your application?
However, I'm from England bringing over my husband from pakistan via spouse visa. I submitted the application online around 7th may 2017 and submitted my documents about 5 weeks ago. My original documents have been returned to me within around 3 weeks of submitting. I'm not sure what happens now and how long it would take to receive a decision or if the sending my documents back means a decision has already been made. Please could I get a response on this as it's playing on my mind a lot. I have also tried searching for an email for immigration office but couldn't find one. If anyone also knows of an email, that'll be great. Thank you

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:21 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:

Hey Geet ,
Can you share your timeline with also if you received on Hold Supreme court ruling email ?
Hi levis

I submitted my application/ doucments 6 weeks ago but never got " on hold " status but update ever since !!

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:

Hey Geet ,
Hi levis

I submitted my application/ doucments 6 weeks ago but never got " on hold " status but update ever since !!
No *

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Timeline with both emails i received on 8th March :

Application Category: Spouse (Husband) Priority

Application Submitted Online: 25-Jan-2017

Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Karachi

Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 09-Feb-2017

Application Forwarded To British High Commission On : 09-Feb-2017

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 15-Feb-2017

Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 22-Feb-2017

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): 07-Mar-17 ( Employer & Employee received a Call same day )

Case Not Straightforward Email + Application on Hold Email : 08-Mar-17

Status Check & Escalation Response : 25-May-17 ( ''Application Still on Hold and unable to confirm how long it will be on hold for'' )

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : Still Waiting

Contacted For Collection : Not yet

Collection Made : Not yet

Decision Of Application : Not yet

Following is the on Hold Email and also Case not Straight forward email i received on 8th March

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place.

As soon as we are able to conclude the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration

Case Not straightforward email received on same date is following:

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

IS THERE ANYONE RECEIVING BOTH EMAILS AND STILL WAITING FOR THEIR CASE OR EVEN IF IT GOT CONCLUDED???

Hapats
Newly Registered

Post by Hapats » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:11 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Timeline with both emails i received on 8th March :

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): 07-Mar-17 ( Employer & Employee received a Call same day )

Status Check & Escalation Response : 25-May-17 ( ''Application Still on Hold and unable to confirm how long it will be on hold for'' )

Following is the on Hold Email and also Case not Straight forward email i received on 8th March

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place.

As soon as we are able to conclude the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

IS THERE ANYONE RECEIVING BOTH EMAILS AND STILL WAITING FOR THEIR CASE OR EVEN IF IT GOT CONCLUDED???
I recieved both emails on the 6th may. My husband applied on the 24th january, the biometric was on 2nd Feb. We are still waiting.
Last edited by Hapats on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:34 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Pixel Rage,
Could you please inform what are the pre-requisites of this Pre Action Protocol & how are you proceeding then?
As Me & You have just 3-4 days difference of Biometrics Date .
Im not sure about this procedure but what if it itself takes 3-5 months while the hold is uphelp by then ;/ ?
so would it be wise ?
There are no pre-requisites. A PAP is recommended when a government authority has been unreasonable or unlawful in dealing with a case. In this instance, it would be the prolonged delay in issuing entry clearance beyond the published SLA time frames.

You're going to have to talk to your solicitor in regards to a PAP. If successful, you could see a decision being made on your application within 14 days.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:07 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:Pixel Rage,
Could you please inform what are the pre-requisites of this Pre Action Protocol & how are you proceeding then?
As Me & You have just 3-4 days difference of Biometrics Date .
Im not sure about this procedure but what if it itself takes 3-5 months while the hold is uphelp by then ;/ ?
so would it be wise ?
There are no pre-requisites. A PAP is recommended when a government authority has been unreasonable or unlawful in dealing with a case. In this instance, it would be the prolonged delay in issuing entry clearance beyond the published SLA time frames.

You're going to have to talk to your solicitor in regards to a PAP. If successful, you could see a decision being made on your application within 14 days.
Ok thanks, you can then discuss with your solicitor and i can with mine and discuss then.
Do you mind sharing what is the salary or employment income if applicable in your case ?

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:49 am

Hi Geet328,

Do you know or someone else in this forum that someone got visa and couldn't check his/her status via online status checker provided by home office ?

I am checking my application status everyday but it says not recognised but on the contrary home office guys say that decision has been made on my application . I haven't received no email or call from gerrys so far . Why I am unable to see my application status through status checker link.

I think there are lot of applicants on this forum can reply my question . I personally believe that only few can check their status not everyone .

Please someone come forward and reply me .

Regards ,

quote="Geet1328"]Hi all,

One thing is for sure if not anything HO will teach us all the real meaning of the word" patience "[/quote]

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:53 am

Hi Everyone,

Alhumdullilah my spouse got her visa from Russia - Moscow.

Took exact 3 months applied on 4th April received aproval on 6th July.

Many thanks for this board and members for sharing tips and stories.

No email from UKBA straight decision.

Kind Regards,
AK

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:19 am

askhans786 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Kind Regards,
AK
Congratulatons!! Delighted for you and your wife. Many thanks for sharing.

Wish you all the best for the future.

Kind regards
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Tnptit93
Newly Registered

Post by Tnptit93 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:47 am

Hapats wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:Timeline with both emails i received on 8th March :

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

I recieved both emails on the 6th may. My husband applied on the 24th january, the biometric was on 2nd Feb. We are still waiting.
I have recieved both email like that on May 2017. but they did not return my documents. They said if i would like my passport to be returned to me please contact them. Now My visa application status is awating a decision.
7 july I called to ask them they said it is still awaiting decision on their system . She said once it is awaiting decision they have 90 working days before they respond. They say my application is on day 71 as they don't include weekends or bank holidays

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:48 am

askhans786 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Kind Regards,
AK
Congratulations!!!
And thanks for making us hopeful

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:51 am

bahadar wrote:Hi Geet328,

Do you know or someone else in this forum that someone got visa and couldn't check his/her status via online status checker provided by home office ?

I am checking my application status everyday but it says not recognised but on the contrary home office guys say that decision has been made on my application . I haven't received no email or call from gerrys so far . Why I am unable to see my application status through status checker link.

I think there are lot of applicants on this forum can reply my question . I personally believe that only few can check their status not everyone .

Regards ,

Hi bahadar

I have no idea what and how they work .... whenever I try to check my status that's the only reply I get

God knows when will our wait be over

quote="Geet1328"]Hi all,

[/quote]

Tnptit93
Newly Registered

Post by Tnptit93 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:58 am

Regards ,

quote="Geet1328"]Hi all,

[/quote]

Bahadar

Trying to check your Case Identification Number (CaseID)
On letters or emails you received from them

My GWF number or other number do not work. I have tried to check my ID number its working.

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:33 am

[

quote="Tnptit93"]

Regards ,

quote="Geet1328"]Hi all,

[/quote]

Bahadar

My GWF number or other number do not work. I have tried to check my ID number its working.[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for the response ,

I don't think home office provide any case ID number for spouse visas
They only give GWF AND VAF numbers and these not working .

Could you please guide me where can I find ID NUMBERS in my emails which I received from Sheffield.

Regards

mubsher majeed
Newly Registered

Post by mubsher majeed » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 am

hi hallo

all friends i am new qamar i am also pause case.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:01 am

bahadar wrote:[

quote="Tnptit93"]

Regards ,

quote="Geet1328"]Hi all,

Bahadar

My GWF number or other number do not work. I have tried to check my ID number its working.[/quote]

Hi,

Could you please guide me where can I find ID NUMBERS in my emails which I received from Sheffield.

Regards[/quote]

I have tried with GWF, VAF and IHS number neither works
Therefore I take it this is only for those who applied from within the UK.

If any reference number did work. Please advise where the check for this number and whether it will work if applied from outside UK.

Thanks

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:56 am

thekhan87 wrote:
bahadar wrote:[

quote="Tnptit93"]

Regards ,

quote="Geet1328"]Hi all,

Bahadar

My GWF number or other number do not work. I have tried to check my ID number its working.
Hi,

Regards[/quote]

If any reference number did work. Please advise where the check for this number and whether it will work if applied from outside UK.

Thanks[/quote

Hi all ,

Could anyone please come forward and reply .

Anyone got visa but couldn't check his/ her status online via status checker link . I don't think these GWF, vaf and IHS numbers work .

Desperately waiting for help ,
Regards

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:59 am

Regards ,

quote="Geet1328"]Hi all,

One thing is for sure if not anything HO will teach us all the real meaning of the word" patience "[/quote][/quote]

Bahadar

Hi,

Regards[/quote]

Thanks[/quote

Hi all ,

Could anyone please come forward and reply .

Anyone got visa but couldn't check his/ her status online via status checker link . I don't think these GWF, vaf and IHS numbers work .

Desperately waiting for help ,
Regards[/quote]

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:03 pm

It is still Beta so there are no guarantees but almost everyone these days is able to see when their decision has been made

Even after a decision some people have to wait multiple weeks before getting a call from VFS or any other processing centre though in most cases it is around a weeek or so of waiting

The only thing you can do is wait and be patient. Get a decision date from who you spoke to and contact them 10 business days after if you haven't heard anything. This is what UKVI advise

Khuramyasin123
Newly Registered

Post by Khuramyasin123 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Application Category: Spouse (2nd application Husband) Priority

Application Submitted Online: 09-March-2017

Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Mirpur (pakistan)

Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date):10-March-2017

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 14-March-2017.

Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 16-March-2017

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable):No

Status checked 6 times each time i recived the same email:
We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status and found that a decision on
your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being
conducted. Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer will
contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the
consideration of your application.
Ive esculated twice and both times they didnt get back to me.

On the 20th of april recived an email saying application has been put on hold due to supream court dessission.

I went to my local mp on the 27th june 2017 to find out what has been going on as i am meeting the financial requirements and i have no children.
My solicitor wrote a letter to them but still havant got a reply back from them.

Contacted For Collection :
Collection Made :
Decision Of Application :
Validity Of Visa:

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:06 am

Spouse visa application submitted in November 2016

Case not straight-forward email received in January 2017

Supreme Court judgment - Case on hold - Financial requirements not met (Earning over 20k)

Nearly 8 Months and still nothing! Solicitors and MP involved but still nothing!

Khuramyasin123
Newly Registered

Post by Khuramyasin123 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 am

Sunni0 wrote:Spouse visa application submitted in November 2016

Case not straight-forward email received in January 2017

Supreme Court judgment - Case on hold - Financial requirements not met (Earning over 20k)

Nearly 8 Months and still nothing! Solicitors and MP involved but still nothing!
Hi
If you dont mind me asking where did you apply from? And is this your first visa application?