ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1st Passport for new born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leicesterer

1st Passport for new born child

Post by leicesterer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi Seniors and Gurus
Apology in advance if this topic already discussed.
I am on ILR, and I have already applied my naturalisation and passport. My daughter born a few weeks ago. My question is, can I apply her passport directly without naturalisation or naturalisation is required before passport? Please guide me.
Thanks in advance.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 1st Passport for new born child

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:35 pm

If she was born in the UK after you got ILR then yes, you can apply directly for a passport. You will need to send your passport and ILR BRP to prove your status at the time of her birth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leicesterer

Post by leicesterer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi CR001
Thank you for your quick response, yes, she was born in the UK and I was on ILR. Also, can I use Post Office Passport check service and can keep my passport and BRP?
Thanks & Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:57 pm

You need to send it in. Apply directly to the passport office using 1 week fast track.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.