ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options available after Retained Right of Residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Options available after Retained Right of Residence

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Re: Irish Immigration

I was wondering what options are available for a person who was married to an EU person and has got his application for the right of residence approved following initiation of divorce from his ex-wife?

Are applying for the passport and/Permanent Residence the only options available to him or can he simply go to the GNIB for another 5 years extension of his residence upon expiry of his first 5 years stamp?

Any advice/suggestions/comment?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Options available after Retained Right of Residence

Post by broli » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Apply for EU3 permanent residency , there's part of the form people who got retention make sure you fill that part as well .

I am Applying EU3 on Friday with my normal EU4FAM

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks for your reply and Best of luck for your application.
I have seen that form, however, one of my friends said that immigration officers have started asking so many questions from those who apply for EU1 (i.e. initial Stamp 4 EUFAM) and there is also a 30 to 40 minutes interview.
I was wondering if this is the same situation for the rest of us, i.e. with retention of right ( I got divorced last year ) or with 5 years completed as normal Stamp 4 Holder (such as yourself).

Have you heard anything in that regards?

Have they made the process difficult for everyone?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi :mrgreen:

Interview is nothing new it's always been on the forms if you read well.

"I consent to the EU Treaty Rights Unit making enquiries to confirm any of the
details or documents provided by me in this application, including my participation in an interview process."

I think it happens if there are doubt some stuff about relationship or entitlement.

Actually 5 years ago i expected to interview as we only lived 6 months together before marriage but it never happened

Can when those interviews happen ? when you get the approval letter?

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Okay.
I myself didn't have to go through any interview. I was living in Dublin at that time and now I live in Kildare.
Do let us know about the outcome of your application, If possible.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Cheers i will definitely ..

Last year there J-karim who got it 4 Weeks a record i can still beat . :mrgreen:

Other guys who share the timeline here where 3 month , 6 month and the last one 7 months

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:40 pm

:D
Good luck to you bro! n stay blessed. 8)
Thanks!!

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:10 am

Hi Ali .
Could you to tell us what is your time line for Retention case
How long they take for approvals ?
When did you apply?
I really appreciate ..

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Sure bro!
I applied on the 21st of August 2016.
They required some additional documents in the beginning of October 2016, which is sent the very next day and got the approval on 23rd of January 2017.
The whole process took only 5 months and I was quite impressed with it. :D This was the case 6 months ago, and I not sure as to how long are they taking now.

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:04 pm

That's Great News 5 months not so bad.
So next you gonna apply Eu Form 3
So form 3 you can see DOJ looking for some docs and information from your Ex partner if you appllying base on Divorce so did we have to provide these all Information and Docs which they ask ?
Or when you applying base on Divorce you don't have to provide nothing about your Ex
Thanks for help .

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:17 am

@Usman, happy to hear about their quick response..
would you please tell a bit more about your experience.
after how many years you applied for divorce, did you divorce here in Ireland OR any other EU country?? and which supporting document you submitted for ROR.
I'm planning to do divorce/ROR but little confused as someone said to me divorce outside is not acceptable here and In Ireland you can't divorce before 5 years.. will really appreciate your response for above.

Thanks,
Kind Regards.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:07 pm

@AliXLBOY

will really appreciate your comments on below.
after how many years you applied for divorce, did you divorce here in Ireland OR any other EU country?? and which supporting document you submitted for ROR.
I'm planning to do divorce/ROR but little confused as someone said to me divorce outside is not acceptable here and In Ireland you can't divorce before 5 years.. will really appreciate your response for above.

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Hey Alex,
Can you let us know about your Retained application timeline?

I applied in Nov/2016 but still waiting for the outcome. Retention application was based on divorce

Thanks

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I only submitted the standard documents that they required in the EU3 Form along with a cover note.
treefriend wrote:Hey Alex,
Can you let us know about your Retained application timeline?

I applied in Nov/2016 but still waiting for the outcome. Retention application was based on divorce

Thanks
Hi TreeFriend,
My application took 5 months as mentioned above.

Some people are experiencing long delays in relation to their applications with INIS as well as The Department of Foreign Affairs for their passport applications.

I'd recommend that the people who want to apply for ROR should try their best and reconcile the differences with their spouses, however, it really depends on what their individual circumstances are. Best of luck to those who have already applied though. If you can wait until 5 years, things might settle down a bit and then you can apply for the Permanent Residence. One of my friends told that he visited the Burgh Quay office 3 to 4 years ago and he saw some of the first time applicants being ill-treated by the immigration officers. What's even worse is the fact that there is no proper complaint system in Ireland. Technically, if your application has been approved, the immigration officers should have no right to raise objections, as you provided everything at the time when you made the application.

I have seen people blaming Brexit for the long delays. A lot of people from the UK have applied for the Irish Passports and a lot of immigration cases must also be arising as a result of that.

Good luck to everyone!

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 am

@Alixlboy,

I understand what you are saying but sometimes there are things what you can't fix in relationship.. then it's better to be honest rather then wait for year more and give false hope to your partner that everything will be okay.. will really appreciate your comment on below..

after how many years you applied for divorce, did you divorce here in Ireland OR any other EU country??
I'm planning to do divorce/ROR but little confused as someone said to me divorce outside ireland is not acceptable here and In Ireland you can't divorce before 5 years..

Thanks,
Kind Regards

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:46 am

Hi
Once your wife living in Ireland and doing some activities in state .
You are good to go you can apply divorce out side Ireland .
Because in Ireland you only can get divorce after 4 years in your case it might will effect.
If you and your wife living in Ireland More than 3 years .you can file your divorce .
Where she from ?
And how long you living together ?
Where is she now ?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:05 am

about activities i have below documents.
PRTB, Lease, Utility bill, Joint bank Acc statement, Medical insurance, Holidays flight and hotel, her p21, her dentist Recieps.. as I work as Software Engineer and earning good enough so she never need / bother to work.. she's from poland. 3 years and 4 months. as things are not working so she's flying home to meet her family and then came back..

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:48 pm

DOJ especially will check her activities in state past 3 years or more make sure you can prove she is working or receiving social benefits, or studying in state.
Each Year Docs
Your and wife p60 or Social letter , College letter.
Same Proofs of Residence for how long you live together.
Some bills, Bank Statement , etc etc where you can prove your marriage is on going more than 3 years.
if you have these all evidence plus others docs which mentioned I'm sure you case is strong.
You can file Divorce to her Country. I'm Still Repeating my Words
At the Time of Divorce proceeding and When Divorce Granted you have to Prove you wife in State (Ireland) Doing some activities( like work,social,Study ) if you failed to prove its might will effects on Your case .there will a lots solister who can help you to get Divorce while your wife still in Ireland

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 pm

@usman really appreciate your response.

On EU5 there are three options according to my research, Studies, Job OR sufficient Resources. as I mentioned she wasn't working last three years so what you think Sufficient Resources would be good option to avail?? and I think you need to show one year of activity in the state..

She's ready to finish things in friendly way i can suggest her to work for couple of month when divorce initiated.