ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish application of 2004/38/EC

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jerseyb1
Newly Registered

Spanish application of 2004/38/EC

Post by jerseyb1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:24 am

Hi all,

Travelling to Tenerife in January, and found the below on the Spanish website:
Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, Family members of an EU/EEA National in possession of a valid 1*UK Residence Permit / 2* British Residence Permit card are not required of a visa to enter Spain if traveling with or intending to join the EEA family member. If the person travels without the family member, they would be required to apply under the Tourist visa category and provide all of the required documentation for the same, and would be required to pay the visa fee in addition to the service charge. Please note that the UK Residence Permit/BRP card must state the exact following wording 1* “Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA/EU National”2 * “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”
This is also what I received from them when I emailed them.

Has anyone tried to travel to Tenerife visa-free, and would this actually comply with the EU Directive, as that states that as long as you can prove your relationship, you should be allowed entry to the country?

I don't have a biometric residence permit, only a wet stamp which does include the words "Family member of an EEA national"