ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse sponsorship after 6 months

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Freddy
Newly Registered

Post by Freddy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:58 am

I'm a PR and I got married last August and immediately returned to Vancouver. Between finding a job, keeping it, and getting the million things you need to submit with your application, we have finally got everything in order and am about to submit the package to Mississauga this week. Since nearly six months have passed since we got married, will this cause any problems with our application? Should I apply through a lawyer just to make sure we don't face any problems ?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Willy
Newly Registered

Post by Willy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi,

It is not a problem with the six months period. However, please note that you are still required to prove that your relationship is genuine and a marriage certificate is not sufficient. You may want to consider to hire a qualified individual to review your application before submission.

Please note that only authorized representatives are allowed to charge a fee for conducting business on behalf of clients when dealing with the Government of Canada in immigration and refugee matters. Authorized representatives are:

- lawyers who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society and students-at-law under their supervision;
- immigration consultants who are members in good standing of the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants; and
- notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec and students-at-law under their supervision.
I hope it helps.

nomlah
BANNED

Re: Spouse sponsorship after 6 months

Post by nomlah » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:09 am

Freddy wrote:I'm a PR and I got married last August and immediately returned to Vancouver. Between finding a job, keeping it, and getting the million things you need to submit with your application, we have finally got everything in order and am about to submit the package to Mississauga this week. Since nearly six months have passed since we got married, will this cause any problems with our application? Should I apply through a lawyer just to make sure we don't face any problems ?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

There is no problem with Six months. If you cannot handle your case on your own, then you may consider the other option otherwise bring in spouse should not be complicated, she will be your dependant and you will be responsible for her. So many immigrants are sponsoring their wives.
Webmaster,
http://thinkingofcanada.com
http://study.thinkingofcanada.com
http://video.thinkingofcanada.com

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Spouse sponsorship after 6 months

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:02 am

Freddy wrote:I'm a PR and I got married last August and immediately returned to Vancouver. Between finding a job, keeping it, and getting the million things you need to submit with your application, we have finally got everything in order and am about to submit the package to Mississauga this week. Since nearly six months have passed since we got married, will this cause any problems with our application? Should I apply through a lawyer just to make sure we don't face any problems ?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Is your spouse already in Canada? If so what is their official immigration status?