ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On Visitor visa to UK - Passport stolen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chaitumsk
Newly Registered

On Visitor visa to UK - Passport stolen

Post by chaitumsk » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:03 am

Hi,

My mom is on visiting visa to UK. She has to leave UK by 28th July so that she doesnt break the immigration law. However, our house was burgled on 8th july and her passport was stolen.
I will be applying for a new passport ASAP. VFS cannot give a fixed timeline on how long it would take.

Any advice if my mom could stay in the UK beyond 28th July if her passport gets delayed.
Also, any advice on quickest way to travel to India, get the visa stamping etc., please
My mom is on long term family visitor visa valid till 2027.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: On Visitor visa to UK - Passport stolen

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:55 am

chaitumsk wrote:Hi,

My mom is on visiting visa to UK. She has to leave UK by 28th July so that she doesnt break the immigration law. However, our house was burgled on 8th july and her passport was stolen.
I will be applying for a new passport ASAP. VFS cannot give a fixed timeline on how long it would take.

Any advice if my mom could stay in the UK beyond 28th July if her passport gets delayed.
Also, any advice on quickest way to travel to India, get the visa stamping etc., please
My mom is on long term family visitor visa valid till 2027.
Emergency travel document?

She been here for the full six months?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

chaitumsk
Newly Registered

Post by chaitumsk » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:47 pm

She will finish 180 days by 28th July.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:00 pm

chaitumsk wrote:She will finish 180 days by 28th July.
It's never a good idea to use the full validity, raises eyebrows and can cause problems like this.

Did she say she'd stay for the full six months when applying for the visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....