ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) 7 YEARS CHILD

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koolkate
Pakistan

FLR(FP) 7 YEARS CHILD

Post by koolkate » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Our FLR(FP) 7 Years child concession was submitted by solicitor on June 2015. At that time my children were 16 and 19 and we had been living in UK for 7 years after failed asylum. It's been nearly 2 years and we have not heard back anything from the home office. So I would like to know if it's normal for home office to take this much time? Should I wait until June to send them a letter to see why it's taking them so long or now? Honestly, I am afraid that they might refuse us if we push them but it's effecting my children's education as they can't apply to college or uni without proper status in UK. Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

koolkate
Pakistan

Re: FLR(FP) 7 YEARS CHILD

Post by koolkate » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Is there anyone who knows what's happening with 7 year child cases these days?

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Anyone?

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi,

What was the age when your child came into this country?
At the time of application they were 16 (minor) and 19 (an adult, no longer a child) am I right?

Even if a child born in the UK (not in your case) and have spent 7 years, still the home office refuses the applications. 7 years of residence PLUS You MUST show that it would not be “reasonable” for a child to relocate abroad.

The Home Office approach to such cases is to say that where the parents have no separate right to remain in the UK under the Immigration Rules then it would almost always be reasonable for the child to accompany his or her parents abroad back to the country of nationality.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Your case is complicated by the fact that you were caught working illegally and then when caught, you provide false information.

Are you sure there has been no communication to your solicitor that you have not been informed about?

To be honest, I don't think you stand much success as your youngest is almost 18 now aren't they??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

koolkate
Pakistan

Post by koolkate » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:26 pm

CR001 wrote:Your case is complicated by the fact that you were caught working illegally and then when caught, you provide false information.

Are you sure there has been no communication to your solicitor that you have not been informed about?

To be honest, I don't think you stand much success as your youngest is almost 18 now aren't they??
It's been 2 years now and we've not heard anything back from them, if they wanted to refuse us then surely they would've done it by now as the incident happened 2 years ago and we sent them a letter letting them now that the fine was paid. My youngest is 18 now but my lawyer said that it doesn't matter because at the time of application he was a minor, is this true? We have sent them 2 reminder letters this year and still not heard anything back, should we go for a judicial review or see our MP?
Thanks for your time.