ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR LR(10 years route) Application form queries- Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

ILR (LR) application query

Post by ROCKRIDER » Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 am

Hi everyone,
I need Seniors advice please.
I will be applying for my ILR (LR) soon straightforward application) and my current visa is Tier 4 Student Visa. I am married, my wife (Tier 4 Dependant Visa) resident only for the past 3 years and my UK born 15 months daughter (born in UK).
Our Tier 4 visa expires next year in late January (valid 6 months after i reach 10 years). I am planning to apply on a premium appointment and My query is:
Shall I apply for ILR (LR) alone, then apply for my Wife and Daughter? or shall we all apply together? If I apply alone, would it be smooth and faster application? if I apply alone, would my wife and daughter visas (tier 4 dependant) be considered invalid? please seniors advise on the best way to go about this. I am trying to go for the easies and most guaranteed application and I am thinking if I apply alone (as my application is straightforward) to guarantee the ILR, then I apply for my family separately to be my family dependants. is this the right way, or would it cause issues if I apply for them later on separately.
kindly advise.

Thank you all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (LR) application query

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:10 am

ILR LR doea not permit dependents to apply wirh you.

Your wife must apply on FLR(M) once you have ILR if she meets all the requirements (financial and Englis). This will be a new 5 year route to ILR.

Your UK born child can be registered as British once you have ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (LR) application query

Post by ROCKRIDER » Tue May 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt response and clarifications. I have been following your responses and advices throughout and we are grateful :).

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

ILR LR(10 years route) Application form queries- Please help

Post by ROCKRIDER » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi Gurus and experts,
Thank you all for your help, I have been following this forum and it has been very useful. I have tried to search for the answers here but I am struggling with the following:
I am applying for ILR LR 10 yrs route soon on a premium application, my queries/confusions are:

1. I have arranged and Paid for a Premium Appointment. When I am filling the application, I am confused on how to fill Section 1, I am not sure what options to choose, for example, A1 is asking me to select £2297 Standard box (but I have paid £2887.00 for premium and money has cleared already since late June). A6 asks for a method of payment, and Premium payment option is not included there. Kindly clarify if I must fill this, and if yes, how I need to go about filling it correctly?

2. Do I need to include a Cover letter with the application or not? My application is straightforward with no absences etc and I am going to a premium appointment, If I need a cover letter, is there any samples available, kindly advise.

3. Section D. Immigration history, I have a confusion with question D11.
D11. Please state what times you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.

I am not sure how I can correctly answer this question, especially the space given is very limited. I will write down the name of the country where I was born, then I will say I have my family (my parents and my two brothers) is that all and enough? Should I elaborate more?
I do not have another nationality and I have not lived anywhere more than 5 years apart from my home country and the UK (Should I write the UK as I lived here now 10 years). Is there a straightforward answer please help.

4. The other confusion is that D11 same question is repeated on E14 (I assume that I can answer it exactly as I did in D11 after hopefully, you clarify how to answer it right?).

Thank you so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR LR(10 years route) Application form queries- Please

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Topics merged. Please keep ALL your queries on the same application in one thread (this one).

1. Leave payment page blank.

2. Not required.

3. Only you will know the answers to these questions. There is no 'one size fits all' answer. You need to simply state the truth and your circumstance.

4. Answer both as required. There is no 'right or wrong' answer. Only you know the answers based on your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

Post by ROCKRIDER » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Thank you very much CR001. Sorry, did not know how to merge it.

1. just to confirm, the whole of the page is to be kept blank and go straight to Section 2.

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:13 pm

yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

Post by ROCKRIDER » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Thank you very much for your support, I am really grateful.
just to update you on what happend. I had my Premium appointment on Friday. Arrived 10 am for 10.40 am appointment. i was called at 10.30 am to submitted my documents. I was called at 11.50 am for biometrics and finger prints. 1.50 was called to get my approved ILR. it was very smooth.

I will be applying for my daughter MN1 and my wife FLRM so I will be making some additional queries.

Star101

Post by Star101 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi
thanks for you update
did you go for 10 years route
which visa you are on at the moment
and which center you went Sheffield , Croydon or Birmingham etc
thanks in advance

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

Post by ROCKRIDER » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:21 am

Hi
did you go for 10 years route
YES, SET ILR LR
which visa you are on at the moment
I was on Tier 4 Visa (Now i have been granted ILR)
and which center you went Sheffield , Croydon or Birmingham etc
I went to Sheffield, was very smooth.
I got my ILR PRB returned today morning.
best of luck