ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No block letters

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HarryC
United Kingdom

Naturalisation - Quick query

Post by HarryC » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:04 am

Hello
I am intending to apply for naturalisation in a month and just want to get some information please and I did a wild search on the forum and I couldn’t find the exact answer I was looking for.
History is I arrived in Jan 2009 and got married to British citizen and eventually got ILR in June 2012. Unfortunately I got divorced in 2015 but now remarried.
I want to apply on a 5 year route.
My questions are, I was employed on a part time basis in feb 2009 till feb 2010. I then restarted my employment from july 2010. I don’t have any P60s for year feb 2009 till feb 2010. What should I do for that? Do I have to provide all? Or last 6 years P60 be sufficient?
In section 2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered – I first arrived in Uk in 2009 but that was on working holiday maker visa but at that time I didn’t had a view that I will stay long term so what I should I do here?
Lastly, I am using NCS for applying. Do I need to photocopy all pages of my passport and they certify with and I get to keep my passport? What about my resident permit card (ILR), do I get to keep it?
Thanks a ton
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

HarryC
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation - Quick query

Post by HarryC » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:15 pm

anyone please?
Also, are there a list of referees that i can use? will my manager be able to complete first reference?

Lastly, my B1 certification expired in april (and i didnt use it for ILR), i guess i have to reapply for it?

Thanks and will appreciate if someone can reply..
I read somewhere that i only need to send last 5 years P60 and just mention my previous employment in the forms !
harry
Settlement visa

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:12 pm

HarryC wrote:I was employed on a part time basis in feb 2009 till feb 2010. I then restarted my employment from july 2010. I don’t have any P60s for year feb 2009 till feb 2010. What should I do for that? Do I have to provide all? Or last 6 years P60 be sufficient?
Take whatever documentation you have to your NCS appointment. Don't worry about the stuff you don't have. You mention you were on a working holiday visa and have ILR, so I take it you're non-EEA? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even look at your P60s. I'm also non-EEA and they didn't take any of the documents I brought relating to jobs or education.

As you probably know, you will have to disclose the work you did from February 2009 to February 2010. I'm not familiar with the visa category you were on, so I don't know if you had a national insurance number and paid contributions for the work you did on that visa. If you didn't, make sure to note that you were on a working holiday visa for your first job in the UK on page 22.
HarryC wrote:In section 2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered – I first arrived in Uk in 2009 but that was on working holiday maker visa but at that time I didn’t had a view that I will stay long term so what I should I do here?
Did you leave the country before starting your job in July 2010? If yes, then use the date you entered prior to starting your job in 2010. If no, then use the date you entered on the working holiday visa. They aren't really asking about your intentions seven/eight years ago, they're asking when your continuous residency that forms the basis of your application began.
HarryC wrote:Lastly, I am using NCS for applying. Do I need to photocopy all pages of my passport and they certify with and I get to keep my passport? What about my resident permit card (ILR), do I get to keep it?
Thanks a ton
They'll photocopy the required documents for you. You don't need to photocopy anything. And yes, you'll get to keep all original documents (including your BRP showing your ILR status) except for your Life in the UK test pass letter.
HarryC wrote:Also, are there a list of referees that i can use? will my manager be able to complete first reference?
Yes.
HarryC wrote:Lastly, my B1 certification expired in april (and i didnt use it for ILR), i guess i have to reapply for it?
I'm not familiar with language requirements, but my guess is that yes, you will need an up-to-date language certificate or some other acceptable evidence.
HarryC wrote:I read somewhere that i only need to send last 5 years P60 and just mention my previous employment in the forms !
You should take all the evidence you have with you. If you're not EEA, chances are that they won't send any of the P60s you bring along with your application, but it's better to have the paperwork and not need it than to need it and not have it.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Tea_Rocket wrote:
HarryC wrote:I was employed on a part time basis in feb 2009 till feb 2010. I then restarted my employment from july 2010. I don’t have any P60s for year feb 2009 till feb 2010. What should I do for that? Do I have to provide all? Or last 6 years P60 be sufficient?
Take whatever documentation you have to your NCS appointment. Don't worry about the stuff you don't have. You mention you were on a working holiday visa and have ILR, so I take it you're non-EEA? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even look at your P60s. I'm also non-EEA and they didn't take any of the documents I brought relating to jobs or education.

yes i am non-EEA

As you probably know, you will have to disclose the work you did from February 2009 to February 2010. I'm not familiar with the visa category you were on, so I don't know if you had a national insurance number and paid contributions for the work you did on that visa. If you didn't, make sure to note that you were on a working holiday visa for your first job in the UK on page 22.

I did used to work, and have my national insurance number but do not have the P60, i can provide payslips but i used to get paid weekly and it will be a huge bundle if i provide weekly salary slips for the whole year !!
HarryC wrote:In section 2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered – I first arrived in Uk in 2009 but that was on working holiday maker visa but at that time I didn’t had a view that I will stay long term so what I should I do here?
Did you leave the country before starting your job in July 2010? If yes, then use the date you entered prior to starting your job in 2010. If no, then use the date you entered on the working holiday visa. They aren't really asking about your intentions seven/eight years ago, they're asking when your continuous residency that forms the basis of your application began.

no i didn leave country at any point. i will use the date when i first entered UK then !
HarryC wrote:Lastly, I am using NCS for applying. Do I need to photocopy all pages of my passport and they certify with and I get to keep my passport? What about my resident permit card (ILR), do I get to keep it?
Thanks a ton
They'll photocopy the required documents for you. You don't need to photocopy anything. And yes, you'll get to keep all original documents (including your BRP showing your ILR status) except for your Life in the UK test pass letter.
Ahh great thanks !

thanks for answering :)
harry
Settlement visa

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:22 pm

I updated my post to include answers to the second set of questions. Take all of the payslips that you have from your first job, even though you probably don't need them. I brought a huge accordion folder of documents to my appointment, most of which were not needed.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi
So for my employment between 2009-2010, i dont have any P60s and payslips were weekly.
So i have got a letter from my recruitment agency confirming the month and year i was employed with.
I have got last 5 years P60 and also before that between 2010 and 2011.
I have also got a letter from my current employer (where i am since 2011) and they have confirmed that in a letter.
Is that sufficient????

Also, in terms of 1st referees, can i use someone who is a business analyst in my own company? She is also a british citizen which i know isnt requuired as its required in second referee
harry
Settlement visa

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Anyone please commenton above??? Please
harry
Settlement visa

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:09 pm

HarryC wrote:Hi
So for my employment between 2009-2010, i dont have any P60s and payslips were weekly.
So i have got a letter from my recruitment agency confirming the month and year i was employed with.
I have got last 5 years P60 and also before that between 2010 and 2011.
I have also got a letter from my current employer (where i am since 2011) and they have confirmed that in a letter.
Is that sufficient????
It should be. As I said in my first reply, it's unlikely the NCS caseworker will send this documentation with your application. These documents are important for EU citizens in their naturalisation applications, since they prove physical presence in the UK during the qualifying period. As a non-EU citizen, you will have stamps in your passport showing when you left and returned to the UK, so they are less important for your application. Take them anyway, but don't be surprised if they aren't asked for or even looked at.
HarryC wrote:Also, in terms of 1st referees, can i use someone who is a business analyst in my own company? She is also a british citizen which i know isnt requuired as its required in second referee
Is she a member of a professional organisation? I think you're better off trying to find someone who is unambiguously on the Home Office's list of approved professions if you can. Are you friends with any of the accountants at your company? Is there a teacher, nurse, or "minister of a recognised religion" you could ask?

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Hello
Thanks for reply
Yea she works in the same insurance company as me. Its a private company and registered in UK. Its top insurance company in the UK and 300 years old.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:21 pm

HarryC wrote:Yea she works in the same insurance company as me. Its a private company and registered in UK. Its top insurance company in the UK and 300 years old.
That doesn't necessarily mean she has professional standing for the purposes of your application. Being a member of a professional body is not necessarily a question of where she works. For instance, surveyors might be members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, but that doesn't mean they work for that organisation.

If your coworker is a member of a professional body, then it's fine. However, if she's not, then it's safest to find someone whose job appears on the Home Office's list to act as your referee.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Thank you again

What about manager of a team within my company? It says manager of a limited company and my company is a plc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:12 pm

A team manager would likley not be acceptable either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi.
Thanks CR001
So which person comes in under manager of personnal in the limited company as one of the approved referees ?
harry
Settlement visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:37 pm

HR Manager or Director.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks CR001

I guess it means the same for director/manager of a VAT registered company?

Problem is I know people in HR but when it comes to knowing personally, they dont know me for 3 years.

I cant believe i am struggling with this section who knows me personally for 3 years and are one of the professionals listed
harry
Settlement visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Accountant, religious minister, personal licence holder (off licence shop owner), any friends that have a limited company, etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 pm

I might ask my friend who is a teacher at school. Just remembered she might sign me as referee.
I know her from a local club for whom I play a sport.

Also just remembered i know a friend who is a qualified driving instructor. I guess either would do ????

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 pm

HarryC wrote:I might ask my friend who is a teacher at school. Just remembered she might sign me as referee.
I know her from a local club for whom I play a sport.

Also just remembered i know a friend who is a qualified driving instructor. I guess either would do ????
Yes either. It's not a requirement that your referees have worked with you. They just need to have known you for three years and be willing to fill out the necessary sections of the form (and that they fulfil the other requirements listed on the form).

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:42 am

just called home office in order to ask whether a Manager of my organisation can act as a 1st referee.
She had a look and said yes, as in the approved list, it has got director/manager/Personnel of a limited company. It doesn't say HR manager or a specific manager of a limited company.

HarryC
United Kingdom

No block letters

Post by HarryC » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello
My referee has completed 5.2 how you know the applicant in small letters or cursive handwriting rather than BLOCK letters. Does it really matter???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No block letters

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:53 pm

It shouldn't no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

HarryC
United Kingdom

Re: No block letters

Post by HarryC » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 pm

CR001 wrote:It shouldn't no.
Thanks
I got worried there
Thanks for clarifying
harry
Settlement visa