ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rocks4
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Post by rocks4 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:02 pm

abz79 wrote:hello guys
is anyone have got any response from home office?
Only to say application is not straightforward and may not be processed within standard timings.

I was wondering if anyone here had submitted prior to the rule change in April 2017 around sending supporting documents to Sheffield and had received a decision yet. My husband has his biometrics, passport and supporting documents submitted in Sylhet, Bangladesh on 28th march and we are still waiting for decision... would be grateful for any insights...

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:58 am

Hello brother,

On June 8th 2017. I received a email requesting TB certificate to be sent by email. Alongside English language requirement evidence. They claim nothing was received even though my wife had provided this in Sylhet. This was scanned and before they made the rule that documents had to be sent to Sheffield.

Less than 2 weeks later I received the original IELTS certificate back as my wife sent this by courier. They funnily enough this time sent a letter alongside this stating no English language evidence received. As a result I decided to go to a solicitor. He recommended that I write a cover letter with the original cover letter sent which showed the documents I sent alongside IELTS certificate in original format. This was sent 1 week ago. Yesterday I received back the certificate with the things I sent excluding the cover letter I wrote. So hopefully that is a good sign.

The home office have nothing else to send back to me document wise. So hoping I get a response very soon. I did do a status check last Saturday and was told current status is awaiting decision. Have you had anything similar or has anyone else had anything similar?

Like a few on the forum. Fortunately I did not get a email saying case not straight forward nor a email to say case on hold

Let's see what happens. Let us all pray it goes well and good luck with everyone's applications.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:52 pm

rocks4 wrote:
Only to say application is not straightforward and may not be processed within standard timings.

I was wondering if anyone here had submitted prior to the rule change in April 2017 around sending supporting documents to Sheffield and had received a decision yet. My husband has his biometrics, passport and supporting documents submitted in Sylhet, Bangladesh on 28th march and we are still waiting for decision... would be grateful for any insights...
hi rock
have u contacted with ukvi?

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 am

abz79 wrote:
rocks4 wrote:

hi rock
have u contacted with ukvi?
I have contacted them, they say the application is being considered and is awaiting a decision and that I need to be patient....

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:08 am

Hi all,

Just yesterday I got 2 emails from Sheffield of office. The first was that my case is not straight forward. Then the second email which followed said :

You will need to send supporting evidence to show that you meet the financial criteria of Appendix FM based on the answers you give on the Appendix 2 form. More information can be found on our website here (click on Annex FM 1.7):

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... financial/

After which they requested additional 5 months of spouse bank statements alongside 5 months payslip which match and is fine. But my wife doesn't work. So what am I to do?

Brothers and sisters your input will be of great assistance.

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:15 pm

thekhan87 wrote:Hi all,

Just yesterday I got 2 emails from Sheffield of office. The first was that my case is not straight forward. Then the second email which followed said :

You will need to send supporting evidence to show that you meet the financial criteria of Appendix FM based on the answers you give on the Appendix 2 form. More information can be found on our website here (click on Annex FM 1.7):

After which they requested additional 5 months of spouse bank statements alongside 5 months payslip which match and is fine. But my wife doesn't work. So what am I to do?

Hi - You need to show that you meet the financial requirements in other ways - e.g. savings, you are self-employed etc. Here are the details to help you - https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:49 pm

hello guys,
is there any restricted timeline to contact UKVI regarding spouse visa application status?
the standard time for deciding application is 12 weeks I guess.
so if any1 want to know their application status do they need to wait 12 weeks?
or can contact any time for application status check ?

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 am

rocks4 wrote:

Hi - You need to show that you meet the financial requirements in other ways - e.g. savings, you are self-employed etc. Here are the details to help you - https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income.

Hi Rocks,

Thanks for your kind response. I have submitted further payslips, bank statements as well as employment letter which proves I earn over the £18,600.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 am

abz79 wrote:hello guys,
is there any restricted timeline to contact UKVI regarding spouse visa application status?
the standard time for deciding application is 12 weeks I guess.
so if any1 want to know their application status do they need to wait 12 weeks?
or can contact any time for application status check ?
Hi buddy,

You can check the application status at anytime. Please contact on the below address :

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Good luck with the application.

Jussal1997
Newly Registered

Post by Jussal1997 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:54 am

Hi everyone
Your advice would helpful. I am applying on behalf of my disabled brother for his spouse in Bangladesh. I'm a bit confused on 2 things;
1:I know all the supporting documents need to be sent to sheffield. So am i right to believe that my sister in law only takes a printed version of online application with her passport into VAC in sylhet, or does she also need to take appendix 2 and sponsorship su07 form or do I need to include these forms.with supporting documents to Sheffield.
2: supporting evidence, official paperworks does these have to be dated back to 28 days prior to submitting the online application or they can be within 3 months prior to submitting the online application.

Thank you

abz79

Post by abz79 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:36 pm

hi jussal
only passport and online application needed with photograph.
keep voter id as well.
u can send appendix 2 and sponsorship form with supportive document.

my experience was i gave appendix 2 with the online application.
then adviser asked my wife why do you want to send this ?
they charge another BDT 9000.for sending this.i think this is unnecessary.

by the way,i send appendix 2 again with all the supporting documents to sheffield.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:34 am

Hi all,

Just updating all. My wife has received a decision and a text message was given to her today. Just waiting for her to get to Sylhet and let me know. Then I will update all.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi all,

My wife got the visa granted to UK.

I am now going to write a really detailed time line.

17th April 2017
My wife submitted the online application in Sylhet visa application centre. Had the biometrics done same day. Paid fee :

Visa application fee 161,040 taka approximately (£1610)
Sylhet User Pay £55
Immigration Health Surcharge fee £600. (This must be paid by card only)

Total spent approximately for visa application and associated fees £2,265. I did not use a solicitor.

This is the below cover letter and documents submitted alongside application :

Dear Sir/Madame,

Re : UK Visa application for xxxx xxxxx

I travelled to Bangladesh xxxxxx 2016 and married xxxxxxxxx on xxxxxxx 2016. I therefore would like to apply for a visa for her to live with me in the United Kingdom.
Please kindly find attached the following documents to help process her UK Visa Application.

Documents from me :

• xxxxxxx UK Passport
• 6 Most recent months bank statement
• Utility bill (Gas)
• Tenancy agreement
• Letter from employer confirming employment
• Copy of P60, from Inland Revenue re tax
• Proof of Travel, Flights airline booking for trip to Bangladesh
• 6 months most recent Work payslips
• Proof of financial support to xxxxxx
• Current Passport sized photos
• Wedding Photographs
• Wedding card
• Whatsapp call log and chat history
• Skype call log and chat history
• Rebtel call log

Documents from wife :

• xxxxxx Bangladesh Passport
• 4 Months recent bank statements
• Wedding card
• Wedding Photographs
• Marriage Certificate
• Bengali to English Translation Copy of Original Marriage Deed
• Original Marriage Deed in Bengali
• Notarial Certificate
• Tuberculosis test certificate (xxxxxx)
IELTS Life Skills A1 Speaking & Listening pass certificate

24th April 2017
Received e-mail from Sheffield Visa Office stating they have received application form.

25th May 2017
I was really panicking about the 2 below forms :

Appendix 2 VAF4A financial requirement
VAF4A Family settlement application form

As I didn’t fill this in and submit. I contacted Home Office who said what’s done is done and I can no longer submit further documents. But my conscience just wouldn’t move and just had to get this sorted. Therefore I got my wife to courier the above forms to Sheffield Visa Office.

8th June 2017
Email received request for TB certificate (to be scanned and sent by e-mail only) and evidence of English language requirement to be sent by post. Therefore sent TB certificate by e-mail and English requirement copy of scan certificate by post despite all documents been scanned and sent from Sylhet VFS centre. I sent e-mail to IDP requesting for them to send a letter that my wife did actually sit the test in the centre.

28th June 2017
I received a email again request for English language requirement. But the Home Office sent the original certificate back to my house. So once again I sent the certificate back to Home Office with a covering letter. I also contacted IDP in Sylhet requesting for a verification letter. IDP Sylhet said all administration is based in IDP Dhaka and to contact them. I spoke to IDP Dhaka and they were not very helpful at first. But then after almost 3 hours spent on the phone to my luck there was this really nice guy who was actually from UK. I spoke to him in English and explained him the situation. I told him I sent a e-mail on 8th June 2017 to IDP yet no response. He said the e-mail was received but sorry nothing was done. So he apologised which isn’t really common. Then he said please send him a e-mail with what’s required and this will be forwarded to IDP head office in Australia.

9th July 2017
I received a e-mail from the nice man in IDP Dhaka to say that they could not provide me a letter. However they have contacted Sheffield Visa Office directly.

10th July 2017
E-mail from Home office stating the processing of visa application is not straight forward.

On the same day I received the below e-mail :

Thank you for your application for settlement in the United Kingdom.
To help me consider the matter, please send me the following documents. Please scan these documents and email them to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Alternatively, send these documents by post to the address below.

Documents required:

1. You will need to send supporting evidence to show that you meet the financial criteria of Appendix FM based on the answers you give on the Appendix 2 form. More information can be found on our website here (click on Annex FM 1.7):

2. 5 months payslips belonging to your sponsor dated November 2016 to March 2017.

3. 5 months bank statements belonging to your sponsor which show his salary being paid into his account dated November 2016 to March 2017.

4. You should also take this opportunity to submit further evidence of your relationship with your sponsor to show that the relationship is ongoing. Please provided your marriage certificate, photographs of the different stages of your relationship and evidence of how you have maintained your relationship e.g. chat records, letters, card e.t.c
Please do not hesitate to email me at this address if you need assistance.
To enable me to decide your case promptly it is essential that you reply as soon as you can, within seven days. If you do not produce the information requested by 17 July 2017, the application will be considered on the basis of the documents and information you have already provided. This could result in the application being refused, as provided for in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

It’s clear to say that Sylhet VFS did not bother to scan and send all documents to Sheffield. Please note new rule post my application is to send all documents to Sheffield directly and only biometrics as well as passport to be handed in local VFS office.

16th July 2017

In response to the e-mail I received on 10th July 2017. I sent the following cover letter and documents by e-mail :

Dear Sir/Madame,

Date : 16th July 2017

Reference: xxxxx & xxxxxx
xxxxxxx (D.O.B. xxxxxxx) - Bangladesh

Thank you for your e-mail of the 10th July 2017. Please kindly see below :

Financial Requirement

The applicant's spouse, Mr xxxxx, has been employed by xxxxxx Hospital NHS Foundation Trust on a full time permanent basis as a xxxxxxxx since xxxxxxx xxxxxx current gross salary from employment is £xxxxxx (please kindly find enclosed letter from the employer). As we understand, xxxxx income from employment covers the requirements set by the United Kingdom Visa and Immigration (UKVI) and the Appendix FM.

Taking this into consideration it is clear that there would be no difficulties in the applicant's ability to be maintained by the sponsor without resource to public funds.

You also kindly requested payslips between November 2016 to March 2017 as well as bank statements that match salary being paid into account. I have enclosed payslips from October 2016 until April 2017. I would kindly like to put to your attention that xxxxx gets paid on the 24th of every month. Therefore the pay will show on the following months statement. In addition statement for January 2017 was a online bank statement as the original could not be found and xxxxx has taken this statement alongside identification and previous bank statement to have the statement verified by bank stamp. Please also find enclosed p60 for 2015-2016 & 2016-2017.

Accommodation

The sponsor, Mr xxxxxxx, has been living with his mother at (home address) which is occupied by xxxxx and his mother, Mrs xxxx a Tenant of London Borough of xxxxx since xxxxx. There is ample accommodation and the presence of xxxxx will not result in any statutory overcrowding in any way. (Please kindly refer to the council letter and tenancy agreement).

We are therefore requesting the Entry Clearance Officer to weigh up the interests of xxxxx family and private life. In the circumstance we would be obliged if you could please acknowledge the same and give sympathetic consideration within Immigration Rules and under Human Rights Act 1998 (Art, 8 Family and Private Life) and grant and issue xxxxxx the required entry clearance to join her husband xxxxx in the United Kingdom.

Evidence of relationship

Mr xxxxx is a British Citizen who was born in the United Kingdom. xxxxx went to Bangladesh on xxxxx 2016 with his mother (please find enclosed airline tickets) for the occasion of the wedding and stayed until xxxxxx.
xxxxxx is xxxxxx relative who first introduced the proposal of xxxxx considering xxxxx as a future wife on xxxxxx. Xxxxx proposed the idea to xxxxx after talks with xxxx who is xxxxx relative. xxxxx went to xxxxx village on xxxxx and met with the family.

xxxx is xxxxx relative. Since xxxxxx 2016 xxxxx and xxxxx were able to communicate through xxxxx using IMO. Xxxxx and xxxxx both exchanged photo's with each other and had the opportunity to find out more about each other. In addition xxxxxx is xxxxx relative. xxxxx and xxxxx were also able to communicate with each other using xxxxx' phone as xxxxx at the time did not have a phone. During the period prior to xxxxxx arrival to Bangladesh with his mother, with the consent of xxxxx and her family it was agreed that they would be married. xxxxx and xxxxx met in person on
xxxxx 2016 alongside other family members from both sides. The wedding ceremony and Marriage Registration took place on xxxxxx 2016. This is a subsisting marriage the sponsor xxxx keeps in touch on a regular basis over the phone using Skype, Whatsapp, IMO, Rebtel and xxxxx when xxxxxx is in the United Kingdom. Please kindly find attached, Marriage certificate chat & call logs as well as photographs during various stages including wedding photographs.

Since returning to United Kingdom xxxxxx has financially supported xxxxxx. Please kindly see attached statements from xxxxxxxx.

I kindly would like to put to your attention that some attachments may require you to zoom. Also as there are many files there will be multiple e-mails sent.

Enclosures;

Evidence of supporting wife (money transfer)
Bengali Marriage Certificate
Bengali to English Translation Copy of Original Marriage Deed
Marriage Certificate (English)
Notarial Certificate
Payslip October 2016 - March 2017
Bank statement October 2016 - April 2017
p60 2015-2016 & 2016-2017
Employment letter from xxxxxx employer
Council Letter
Airline ticket
IMO Chat records from all the people including wife
Wife bank statement
Rebtel Call Log
Skype log
Tenancy agreement
xxxx App calls
Wedding Card from both sides
Whats App chat from all the people including wife
Copy of my passport (copy of all pages) in colour
Whatsapp Call Log (between me and wife only)

23rd July 2017

Wife gets text message. ‘The processed visa application for GWF ref no xxxx was received at the UK visa application centre on 7/23/2017. Documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times

My wife collects passport which has the wonderful UK visa.

The final outcome took 70 working days. In weeks that’s 14 weeks and total amount of 98 days.

For the record it is possible to check status of wife application on :

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

But please note ever since April 2017. I have checked regularly and it was always showing status application not recognised. However just today when my wife called to say about the text message. I can now check and has said it has been decided though does not state the outcome.

Good luck to everyone.

I would like to give special thanks to all forum members as well as the moderators for the kind help and support since April 2017 when I joined. I certainly would not of got so far without all the kind support received for which I am ever so grateful. Since I have had a wonderful experience on here I will continue so show and give support to others in my situation and in anyway I can on other topics.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!

abz79

Post by abz79 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:13 pm

many congratulations to you khan !!!!
end of your waiting !! :D :D :D
thanks for sharing all this.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:49 pm

abz79 wrote:many congratulations to you khan !!!!
end of your waiting !! :D :D :D
thanks for sharing all this.
Your welcome

Jussal1997
Newly Registered

Post by Jussal1997 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:33 am

abz79 wrote:hi jussal
only passport and online application needed with photograph.
keep voter id as well.
u can send appendix 2 and sponsorship form with supportive document.

my experience was i gave appendix 2 with the online application.
then adviser asked my wife why do you want to send this ?
they charge another BDT 9000.for sending this.i think this is unnecessary.

by the way,i send appendix 2 again with all the supporting documents to sheffield.
Thank you abz79 for your advice. I wanted to also confirm whether all the official supporting documents have to be within 28 days. As HMRC only sent copy of award notice letters dating the original date they sent the award notice. Have requested many times whether they can send a covering letter with today's date with the original award notice to which they replied no. I hope this won't affect my sister in law's application.

Jussal1997
Newly Registered

Post by Jussal1997 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:44 am

17th April 2017
My wife submitted the online application in Sylhet visa application centre. Had the biometrics done same day. Paid fee :

Sylhet User Pay £55

Total spent approximately for visa application and associated fees £2,265. I did not use a solicitor.

Dear Sir/Madame,

I travelled to Bangladesh xxxxxx 2016 and married xxxxxxxxx on xxxxxxx 2016. I therefore would like to apply for a visa for her to live with me in the United Kingdom.
Please kindly find attached the following documents to help process her UK Visa Application.

Documents from me :

• xxxxxxx UK Passport
• Utility bill (Gas)
• Tenancy agreement
• Wedding Photographs
• Wedding card
• Rebtel call log

Documents from wife :

• Wedding card
• Wedding Photographs
• Marriage Certificate
• Notarial Certificate

24th April 2017
Received e-mail from Sheffield Visa Office stating they have received application form.

25th May 2017

As I didn’t fill this in and submit. I contacted Home Office who said what’s done is done and I can no longer submit further documents. But my conscience just wouldn’t move and just had to get this sorted. Therefore I got my wife to courier the above forms to Sheffield Visa Office.

8th June 2017
Email received request for TB certificate (to be scanned and sent by e-mail only) and evidence of English language requirement to be sent by post. Therefore sent TB certificate by e-mail and English requirement copy of scan certificate by post despite all documents been scanned and sent from Sylhet VFS centre. I sent e-mail to IDP requesting for them to send a letter that my wife did actually sit the test in the centre.

28th June 2017
I received a email again request for English language requirement. But the Home Office sent the original certificate back to my house. So once again I sent the certificate back to Home Office with a covering letter. I also contacted IDP in Sylhet requesting for a verification letter. IDP Sylhet said all administration is based in IDP Dhaka and to contact them. I spoke to IDP Dhaka and they were not very helpful at first. But then after almost 3 hours spent on the phone to my luck there was this really nice guy who was actually from UK. I spoke to him in English and explained him the situation. I told him I sent a e-mail on 8th June 2017 to IDP yet no response. He said the e-mail was received but sorry nothing was done. So he apologised which isn’t really common. Then he said please send him a e-mail with what’s required and this will be forwarded to IDP head office in Australia.

9th July 2017
I received a e-mail from the nice man in IDP Dhaka to say that they could not provide me a letter. However they have contacted Sheffield Visa Office directly.

10th July 2017
E-mail from Home office stating the processing of visa application is not straight forward.

To help me consider the matter, please send me the following documents. Please scan these documents and email them to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Alternatively, send these documents by post to the address below.

Documents required:

1. You will need to send supporting evidence to show that you meet the financial criteria of Appendix FM based on the answers you give on the Appendix 2 form. More information can be found on our website here (click on Annex FM 1.7):

2. 5 months payslips belonging to your sponsor dated November 2016 to March 2017.

3. 5 months bank statements belonging to your sponsor which show his salary being paid into his account dated November 2016 to March 2017.

4. You should also take this opportunity to submit further evidence of your relationship with your sponsor to show that the relationship is ongoing. Please provided your marriage certificate, photographs of the different stages of your relationship and evidence of how you have maintained your relationship e.g. chat records, letters, card e.t.c
To enable me to decide your case promptly it is essential that you reply as soon as you can, within seven days. If you do not produce the information requested by 17 July 2017, the application will be considered on the basis of the documents and information you have already provided. This could result in the application being refused, as provided for in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

It’s clear to say that Sylhet VFS did not bother to scan and send all documents to Sheffield. Please note new rule post my application is to send all documents to Sheffield directly and only biometrics as well as passport to be handed in local VFS office.

16th July 2017

In response to the e-mail I received on 10th July 2017. I sent the following cover letter and documents by e-mail :

Dear Sir/Madame,

Financial Requirement

The applicant's spouse, Mr xxxxx, has been employed by xxxxxx Hospital NHS Foundation Trust on a full time permanent basis as a xxxxxxxx since xxxxxxx xxxxxx current gross salary from employment is £xxxxxx (please kindly find enclosed letter from the employer). As we understand, xxxxx income from employment covers the requirements set by the United Kingdom Visa and Immigration (UKVI) and the Appendix FM.

Taking this into consideration it is clear that there would be no difficulties in the applicant's ability to be maintained by the sponsor without resource to public funds.

You also kindly requested payslips between November 2016 to March 2017 as well as bank statements that match salary being paid into account. I have enclosed payslips from October 2016 until April 2017. I would kindly like to put to your attention that xxxxx gets paid on the 24th of every month. Therefore the pay will show on the following months statement. In addition statement for January 2017 was a online bank statement as the original could not be found and xxxxx has taken this statement alongside identification and previous bank statement to have the statement verified by bank stamp. Please also find enclosed p60 for 2015-2016 & 2016-2017.

Accommodation

The sponsor, Mr xxxxxxx, has been living with his mother at (home address) which is occupied by xxxxx and his mother, Mrs xxxx a Tenant of London Borough of xxxxx since xxxxx. There is ample accommodation and the presence of xxxxx will not result in any statutory overcrowding in any way. (Please kindly refer to the council letter and tenancy agreement).

We are therefore requesting the Entry Clearance Officer to weigh up the interests of xxxxx family and private life. In the circumstance we would be obliged if you could please acknowledge the same and give sympathetic consideration within Immigration Rules and under Human Rights Act 1998 (Art, 8 Family and Private Life) and grant and issue xxxxxx the required entry clearance to join her husband xxxxx in the United Kingdom.

Evidence of relationship

Mr xxxxx is a British Citizen who was born in the United Kingdom. xxxxx went to Bangladesh on xxxxx 2016 with his mother (please find enclosed airline tickets) for the occasion of the wedding and stayed until xxxxxx.
xxxxxx is xxxxxx relative who first introduced the proposal of xxxxx considering xxxxx as a future wife on xxxxxx. Xxxxx proposed the idea to xxxxx after talks with xxxx who is xxxxx relative. xxxxx went to xxxxx village on xxxxx and met with the family.

xxxx is xxxxx relative. Since xxxxxx 2016 xxxxx and xxxxx were able to communicate through xxxxx using IMO. Xxxxx and xxxxx both exchanged photo's with each other and had the opportunity to find out more about each other. In addition xxxxxx is xxxxx relative. xxxxx and xxxxx were also able to communicate with each other using xxxxx' phone as xxxxx at the time did not have a phone. During the period prior to xxxxxx arrival to Bangladesh with his mother, with the consent of xxxxx and her family it was agreed that they would be married. xxxxx and xxxxx met in person on
xxxxx 2016 alongside other family members from both sides. The wedding ceremony and Marriage Registration took place on xxxxxx 2016. This is a subsisting marriage the sponsor xxxx keeps in touch on a regular basis over the phone using Skype, Whatsapp, IMO, Rebtel and xxxxx when xxxxxx is in the United Kingdom. Please kindly find attached, Marriage certificate chat & call logs as well as photographs during various stages including wedding photographs.

Since returning to United Kingdom xxxxxx has financially supported xxxxxx. Please kindly see attached statements from xxxxxxxx.

I kindly would like to put to your attention that some attachments may require you to zoom. Also as there are many files there will be multiple e-mails sent.

Enclosures;

Notarial Certificate
Council Letter
Airline ticket
Wife bank statement
Rebtel Call Log
Skype log
Tenancy agreement
xxxx App calls

23rd July 2017

Wife gets text message. ‘The processed visa application for GWF ref no xxxx was received at the UK visa application centre on 7/23/2017. Documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times

The final outcome took 70 working days. In weeks that’s 14 weeks and total amount of 98 days.

But please note ever since April 2017. I have checked regularly and it was always showing status application not recognised. However just today when my wife called to say about the text message. I can now check and has said it has been decided though does not state the outcome.

Good luck to everyone.

I would like to give special thanks to all forum members as well as the moderators for the kind help and support since April 2017 when I joined. I certainly would not of got so far without all the kind support received for which I am ever so grateful. Since I have had a wonderful experience on here I will continue so show and give support to others in my situation and in anyway I can on other topics.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!
Alhamdulillah brother, your effort and agonising wait has finally been rewarded. Please make duaa for my disabled brother, I'm currently in the process of compiling his supporting paperworks for Sheffield. I've already submitted his wife's application online and have paid for IHS surcharge and booked biometrics for 2nd of August 2017. Once she has been to her appointment I would send all the supporting documents to Sheffield.

So approximately the process time can take up to 3 months. :( :roll:. I too hope we hear good news. Inn sha Allah.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Jussal1997 wrote:

17th April 2017

Sylhet User Pay £55

Dear Sir/Madame,

Documents from me :

• xxxxxxx UK Passport
• Utility bill (Gas)
• Tenancy agreement
• Wedding Photographs
• Wedding card
• Rebtel call log

Documents from wife :

• Wedding card
• Wedding Photographs
• Marriage Certificate
• Notarial Certificate

24th April 2017

25th May 2017

8th June 2017

28th June 2017

9th July 2017

10th July 2017

Documents required:

16th July 2017

Dear Sir/Madame,

Financial Requirement

Accommodation

Evidence of relationship

Enclosures;

Notarial Certificate
Council Letter
Airline ticket
Wife bank statement
Rebtel Call Log
Skype log
Tenancy agreement
xxxx App calls

23rd July 2017

Good luck to everyone.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!
Alhamdulillah brother, your effort and agonising wait has finally been rewarded. Please make duaa for my disabled brother, I'm currently in the process of compiling his supporting paperworks for Sheffield. I've already submitted his wife's application online and have paid for IHS surcharge and booked biometrics for 2nd of August 2017. Once she has been to her appointment I would send all the supporting documents to Sheffield.

So approximately the process time can take up to 3 months. :( :roll:. I too hope we hear good news. Inn sha Allah.

Brother Inshallah it will work out. Just remember it is not 3 months it's 90 working days.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:39 pm

hello guys
just want to update my wife's settlement application.
she received a phone call from Sylhet VFS to collect documents.
as soon as I heard that I checked the visa status but unfortunately it wasn't update and it showed
number not recognised.
anyway when she went to collect documents they didn't give the passport.
they only gave the photocopy of my all documents.
I already got it from Sheffield about a month ago.

if any1 face the same situation like me???
please share or comments about this,,,,

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:26 am

Hi Abz,

That does sound a bit strange. But do remember to get a decision it can take up to 90 working days not 3 months. There was 2 bank holidays previously so that will need to be factored in as well.

How did you apply by yourself or using a solicitor?

If you are really concerned then why not try contacting the home office who will check application status?

Also kindly take note that your wife will be sent a text to collect passport when ready. Even then can take up to 10 working days to get.

Good luck and all the best

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:31 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you guys know that this might comfort most hopefully.

The few people I do know that have applied. Good news is every single one of them have actually been granted the visa from Sylhet. Only difference is the waiting time which varies between 2 weeks to 14 weeks.

Please do not give up hope people.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:26 pm

hello everyone
just an update for u guys.
my wife got all the documents back (photocopy) which I send to Sheffield.
a letter from UKVI confirming the application and if they need more evidence
will contact with me etc.

so basically this is like an acknowledgement letter.
"I did apply by myself for my wife." Khan
no solicitor

Jussal1997
Newly Registered

Post by Jussal1997 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi everyone

Can someone please confirm what happens after the biometrics appointment. As my sister in law went today to her appointment and submitted her application. But they did not explain to her the next step. Do I send all the supporting documents to Sheffield or do I need to wait for confirmation or some sort. If so where can I find the Sheffield address.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks

abz79

Post by abz79 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:16 pm

hi there
after biometrics you have to send all the supporting documents to Sheffield within
a certain time limit.
find attached the link below,
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/bangladesh/p ... lement.pdf

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Jussal1997 wrote:Hi everyone

Can someone please confirm what happens after the biometrics appointment. As my sister in law went today to her appointment and submitted her application. But they did not explain to her the next step. Do I send all the supporting documents to Sheffield or do I need to wait for confirmation or some sort. If so where can I find the Sheffield address.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Hello mate,

You will have to send all documents to Sheffield. The address is :

UK Visa & Immigration
Vulcan House, 6 Millsands,
Sheffield
S3 8NU

Please, please, please make sure you send the below documents as well :

I have said please many times. As nobody ever tells you this is required (except on this forum). However I myself despite not sending these and after realizing did send and was extremely lucky that they accepted the papers which is very rare. So please do not forgot to send this to.

Hope this helps!