ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by vsab101 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:47 am

Spouse visa application date - 06/01/2017 (Ahmedabad, India)
Contacted UKVI through email and phone a several times but never received any satisfactory answer.

I got my local MP involved for my wife's visa application on 19th June. The following response was received from UKVI on 7th July -

Our records show that on 6 January Mrs xxxxxx submitted an application for Entry Clearance as a spouse, which remains outstanding. I can confirm that her case is with Visa Section Sheffield, and is under active consideration. I apologise for the continued delay in dealing with Mrs xxxxx application, but as her case is complex in nature and requires further enquiries, some of which may be outside our organisation; I am unable to say how long it will take to conclude.

I am not sure what else to try other than to wait even more, any suggestions would be appreciated.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:25 am

Dear Khurram & Sunny
I have also contacted my Mp on 22nd June and he wrote a letter to the HO.

I would request you both to share your Mp's response and so shall I as soon as i get.

I have a similar case , salary above 18600 and no children involved , Bio metrics on 9th Feb karachi while case on hold due to supreme court ruling email on 9th March & still nothing heard from HO as yet.

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:46 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
We are really contemplating going for a Pre-Action Protocol and send a message through our solicitor to the Home Office that we are willing to take this to court if this takes any longer.

I honestly think more people should be doing this otherwise, HO will keep delaying our cases indefinitely.
Hi Pixel,
Pre-Action protocol ? can you explain in detail. Tomorrow afternoon going to meet my solicitor and will discuss on this. Initially he might send a soft letter to HO ?But later we will action on this Pre-Action Protocol. In one of our forum thread "Uk Spouse visa OnHold" someone talking about the actions by solicitor and I believe the same. Once we action pre-action prototocol what are the chances that impact on our application outcome? Can UKVI reject with some grudge ? We need to think as much as we action something.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:52 pm

vsab101 wrote:Spouse visa application date - 06/01/2017 (Ahmedabad, India)
Contacted UKVI through email and phone a several times but never received any satisfactory answer.

I got my local MP involved for my wife's visa application on 19th June. The following response was received from UKVI on 7th July -

Our records show that on 6 January Mrs xxxxxxx submitted an application for Entry Clearance as a spouse, which remains outstanding. I can confirm that her case is with Visa Section Sheffield, and is under active consideration. I apologise for the continued delay in dealing with Mrs xxxxxxx application, but as her case is complex in nature and requires further enquiries, some of which may be outside our organisation; I am unable to say how long it will take to conclude.

I am not sure what else to try other than to wait even more, any suggestions would be appreciated.
If u don't mind me asking, could you please me what is it exactly that makes your wife's case complex? Is it something with her documents or immigration history?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:58 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
We are really contemplating going for a Pre-Action Protocol and send a message through our solicitor to the Home Office that we are willing to take this to court if this takes any longer.

I honestly think more people should be doing this otherwise, HO will keep delaying our cases indefinitely.
Hi Pixel,
Pre-Action protocol ? can you explain in detail. Tomorrow afternoon going to meet my solicitor and will discuss on this. Initially he might send a soft letter to HO ?But later we will action on this Pre-Action Protocol. In one of our forum thread "Uk Spouse visa OnHold" someone talking about the actions by solicitor and I believe the same. Once we action pre-action prototocol what are the chances that impact on our application outcome? Can UKVI reject with some grudge ? We need to think as much as we action something.
There is no such thing as refusing your visa because of a "grudge". All visas are issued in accordance with the law and not because someone hates you.

I don't know much about the pre action protocol myself but you can definitely Google to read about it further. All I know is that a PAP is kinda like a warning shot to the home office that you're filing a judicial review against them in court. They then have 14 days to respond to your PAP or the matter gets referred to an immigration judge.

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm

In reply to those who wished to contact the press, i have contacted The Independent but we need more people who are in the same situation (Visa has been put on hold) instead of the last post where people went against the rules and caused the forum to be locked, please individually contact them by phone or email to create awareness, i have also contacted BBC Watchdog to hopefully create an investigation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/service/co ... 59589.html

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:24 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
vsab101 wrote:Spouse visa application date - 06/01/2017 (Ahmedabad, India)

Our records show that on 6 January Mrs Sabapara submitted an application for Entry Clearance as a spouse, which remains outstanding. I can confirm that her case is with Visa Section Sheffield, and is under active consideration. I apologise for the continued delay in dealing with Mrs Sabapara’s application, but as her case is complex in nature and requires further enquiries, some of which may be outside our organisation; I am unable to say how long it will take to conclude.

If u don't mind me asking, could you please me what is it exactly that makes your wife's case complex? Is it something with her documents or immigration history?
I am not too sure to be honest. I am guessing its probably because I have shown salary from two places - part time employment and full time company director (both combined £23,000). Immigration history is all clean, no documents problem, i have supplied them with ample amount of documents.

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Mash17101 wrote:Application Category: Spouse standard
Application Submitted Online: 28-may-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Sylhet
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 06-april-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On: 11-april-2017.

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 11-april-2017.
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : N/A
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable):NO
Status check 4-june-2017 Waiting for decision
Status check uk inside tracker 3-July-2017 application decided on 2-July-2017

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : 2-july-2017
Contacted For Collection : 6-july-2017
Collection Made :6-july-2017
Decision Of Application :visa granted
Validity Of Visa 10-07-17 to 9-08-17

62 working days in total from the bio date to receiving the passport.Thanks everyone for the support and hope everyones outcome is the same.
Hi Mash,

My husband also applied in sylhet and the insider tracker states that it has been decided 6th July. Still waiting for collection. By the way, does the passport remain in sylhet or does it actually make way to the UK?

Congratss!!!

Hamida

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi all,

I've been reading the comments on this thread as well as the locked one.

Basically I'm in the same boat...me (sponsor) nor my wife (applicant seeking settlement visa to be with me) have received an 'on hold' or 'complex case' email. My wife's biometrics was on 27 Feb 17 and to date it's been 93 working days and like many of you we're extremely frustrated.

I'm way above the minimum income threshold, own my own 5 bedroom home and provided more documents than necessary upon submission to Sheffield (work in a bank so gave 8 months payslips, plus bank statements from the bank who are also my employer, plus job letter confirming all info ukvi want and also went through a lawyer to be on the safe side).

Our 120 working days are up on or around 20 August and from the looks of it, I'm now unsure as to whether we'll get a decision prior to then.

I now need some advice please from you all. Would I be able to launch a claim against ukvi via the small claims court to refund the visa application fee without the app being cancelled should we get to 20 august and no decision has been made? My argument is that should it come to it, they've breached their sla's as well as causing sheer frustration.

Im waiting to hear from my mp...she's expecting a response from the account manager at ukvi by 14 July but I have a sneaky feeling they'll respond with some jibberish and how they need to carry out extra checks which are done from outside their organisation and how they are unable to say when a decision will be made.

By the way, wife's appointment was in Lahore (non priority). The uk visa processing times state that 100% of applications decided in may were decided in 60 days which is BS because our 60 days fell in may too and I think their info is extremely misleading.

All help and advice would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by maibm on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi Hamida - My husband applied in Sylhet too, are you able to share your timelines? My husband applied and submitted all documents in Sylhet on 28th March, no news as of yet and the inside tracker doesnt recognise any of the reference numbers.

Thanks,
Rukhsana
Mouludmiah85 wrote:

62 working days in total from the bio date to receiving the passport.Thanks everyone for the support and hope everyones outcome is the same.
Hi Mash,

My husband also applied in sylhet and the insider tracker states that it has been decided 6th July. Still waiting for collection. By the way, does the passport remain in sylhet or does it actually make way to the UK?

Congratss!!!

Hamida

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
MrClientServer wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Hi Pixel,
There is no such thing as refusing your visa because of a "grudge". All visas are issued in accordance with the law and not because someone hates you.

I don't know much about the pre action protocol myself but you can definitely Google to read about it further. All I know is that a PAP is kinda like a warning shot to the home office that you're filing a judicial review against them in court. They then have 14 days to respond to your PAP or the matter gets referred to an immigration judge.
Thanks Pixel. When I say grudge I mean let say for instance tomorrow my solicitor sends PAP(Pre-Action Protocol) notices to UKVI and if UKVI got pissed off with these legal notices or PAP then I feel there might be some impact on outcome(again its all assumption and might not happen).

I think its time for me to send a firm message to HO. I have applied on 14-Dec-2016 and still now no response from HO. Contacted my MP and no impact. Got similar answer from HO stating they need time.
Don't know what difference my solicitor can do ? Anways let me have word with my lawyer tomorrow about PAP and will update you.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Khuramyasin123 wrote:
Sunni0 wrote:Spouse visa application submitted in November 2016

Case not straight-forward email received in January 2017

Supreme Court judgment - Case on hold - Financial requirements not met (Earning over 20k)

Nearly 8 Months and still nothing! Solicitors and MP involved but still nothing!
Hi
If you dont mind me asking where did you apply from? And is this your first visa application?

Hi Khuramyasin123, Spouse applied in Bangladesh so being processed in Delhi. Yes it's the first application. May I ask how long you have been waiting and your situation ?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:16 pm

maibm wrote:Hi all,

I've been reading the comments on this thread as well as the locked one.

Basically I'm in the same boat...me (sponsor) nor my wife (applicant seeking settlement visa to be with me) have received an 'on hold' or 'complex case' email. My wife's biometrics was on 27 Feb 17 and to date it's been 93 working days and like many of you we're extremely frustrated.

I'm way above the minimum income threshold, own my own 5 bedroom home and provided more documents than necessary upon submission to Sheffield (work in a bank so gave 8 months payslips, plus bank statements from the bank who are also my employer, plus job letter confirming all info ukvi want and also went through a lawyer to be on the safe side).

Our 120 working days are up on or around 20 August and from the looks of it, I'm now unsure as to whether we'll get a decision prior to then.

I now need some advice please from you all. Would I be able to launch a claim against ukvi via the small claims court to refund the visa application fee without the app being cancelled should we get to 20 august and no decision has been made? My argument is that should it come to it, they've breached their sla's as well as causing sheer frustration.

Im waiting to hear from my mp...she's expecting a response from the account manager at ukvi by 14 July but I have a sneaky feeling they'll respond with some jibberish and how they need to carry out extra checks which are done from outside their organisation and how they are unable to say when a decision will be made.

By the way, wife's appointment was in Lahore (non priority). The uk visa processing times state that 100% of applications decided in may were decided in 60 days which is BS because our 60 days fell in may too and I think their info is extremely misleading.

All help and advice would be greatly appreciated
Hi Maibm,

Small claims court might be a good option. I don't know how it works in the UK, but would be really interested to know. We'd be willing to go small claims route if someone can confirm that this is in fact possible.

Also, wasn't your application awaiting a decision? If I remember correctly you were awaiting a decision since May, correct?

We have been on "awaiting a decision" since 10-05-2017 and that just seems like some arbitrary date like all the other BS that UKVI is feeding us.

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:28 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Hi Maibm,

Small claims court might be a good option. I don't know how it works in the UK, but would be really interested to know. We'd be willing to go small claims route if someone can confirm that this is in fact possible.

Also, wasn't your application awaiting a decision? If I remember correctly you were awaiting a decision since May, correct?

We have been on "awaiting a decision" since 10-05-2017 and that just seems like some arbitrary date like all the other BS that UKVI is feeding us.
Hi pixel,

It's still awaiting a decision since 17 may. Ukvi last week said they've escalated and I should expect a response in 15 days (like I believe that BS).

Going via the small claims court is simple and can all be done online (I know someone who's done it before and been successful but not related to immigration). The reasons for going to court would include:

-Breach of sla's
-Lack of transparency
-Not responding to queries within slas
-Not responding to 1 query which cost 16.44 over the phone
-Misleading info on their own website
-Causing unnecessary frustration for what is relatively a straightforward application
-All fees and costs (legal and non legal) in respect of this claim are to be covered by ukvi initially paid for by myself and later to be reimbursed by ukvi
-Costs include visa fee, transaction fee as I paid rupees with my credit card, contact fees, postal fees, and 5 hours of my time at 100 an hour (lawyers charge an average of 280 an hour) so believe this is reasonable given I'm not in the profession and well below market rate

As you've said, I just want to know if this route is possible and if it is, come 120 days I'm filing with the small claims court.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:36 pm

maibm wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
Hi Maibm,

Hi pixel,

It's still awaiting a decision since 17 may. Ukvi last week said they've escalated and I should expect a response in 15 days (like I believe that BS).

Going via the small claims court is simple and can all be done online (I know someone who's done it before and been successful but not related to immigration). The reasons for going to court would include:

-Breach of sla's
-Lack of transparency
-Not responding to queries within slas
-Not responding to 1 query which cost 16.44 over the phone
-Misleading info on their own website
-Causing unnecessary frustration for what is relatively a straightforward application
-All fees and costs (legal and non legal) in respect of this claim are to be covered by ukvi initially paid for by myself and later to be reimbursed by ukvi
-Costs include visa fee, transaction fee as I paid rupees with my credit card, contact fees, postal fees, and 5 hours of my time at 100 an hour (lawyers charge an average of 280 an hour) so believe this is reasonable given I'm not in the profession and well below market rate

As you've said, I just want to know if this route is possible and if it is, come 120 days I'm filing with the small claims court.
Have u considered a PAP instead? Our 24 weeks finish this week and that's what I have in mind, but not sure how effective it would be. I guess only one way to find out...

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:47 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Have u considered a PAP instead? Our 24 weeks finish this week and that's what I have in mind, but not sure how effective it would be. I guess only one way to find out...
I don't know much about PAPs but having seen what I've seen on the governmental website about it, i don't think it'll be as effective compared to something going to ukvi via the small claims court.

They'll probably do anything to avoid court action and potentially having to pay anything back. I've not included the NHS fee as that's mandatory for being given a visa whereas the visa fee is what they charge and I see that as being optional.

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:18 pm

How were you contacted and what was said?
Im waiting for a collection email/text

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:31 am

Hi all
visa appl sub in belgrade- 7 March
email from Warshav-on hold
passport returned with "on hold"letter-4May
nothing ever since
anyone please do you know anything where and who to call.All doc they have kept appart of passport.priority paid(like it ment smthg).
is this the right forum?as i been following this forum since the beggining of the old one
pls help if anyone know or is in similar sit
thanks guys

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:56 am

meli111 wrote:Hi all
visa appl sub in belgrade- 7 March
email from Warshav-on hold
passport returned with "on hold"letter-4May
nothing ever since
anyone please do you know anything where and who to call.All doc they have kept appart of passport.priority paid(like it ment smthg).
is this the right forum?as i been following this forum since the beggining of the old one
pls help if anyone know or is in similar sit
thanks guys

Welcome to the world of UKVIVictims. Please take a look (ref.page#2) of the following link:
immigration-for-family-members/uk-spous ... 94-20.html

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks to everyone for the help and really wish everyone else receive their visa soon.

Final timeline for my wife's visa below.. I have added details of responses by UKVI when I emailed them to check (had to pay £5.48 once mid-way when the system changed but follow ups had no extra cost)

Thank you to everyone on the forum for helping. Final timeline below.

Application Category: Spouse (Wife) Standard Non-Priority
Application Submitted Online: 09-April-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Islamabad
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date):12-April-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On: 13-April-2017

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On: 18-April-2017
Supporting Documents Posted Back by Sheffield On: 28-April-2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On: 2 May 2017
Sponsor Contacted by UKVI (if applicable): n/a

Chased UKVI by email for status update and summary below by response date from them:
25 April 2017 and 01 May 2017: currently in progress
14 May 2017: your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted
19 May 2017 and 29 May 2017: no current update
13 June 2017: AWAITING A DECISION
19 June 2017: currently awaiting approval
6 July 2017: A decision has been made

UKVI status check website update (have been checking every day): 05 July 2017
Decision Made (As per UKVI status check website): 3 July 2017
Decision Made (As per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office): 3 July 2017
Contacted For Collection: 11 July 2017
Collection Made: 11 July 2017
Decision Of Application: Approved.
Validity Of Visa: 11 July 2017 – 10 August 2017 (we had mentioned 20 July 2017 as intended travel date)

Time taken from biometric date to decision date: 55 working days
Time taken from biometric date to passport collection date: 61 working days

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:07 pm

taffet87 wrote:Thanks to everyone for the help and really wish everyone else receive their visa soon.

Final timeline for my wife's visa below.. I have added details of responses by UKVI when I emailed them to check (had to pay £5.48 once mid-way when the system changed but follow ups had no extra cost)

Thank you to everyone on the forum for helping. Final timeline below.

Application Category: Spouse (Wife) Standard Non-Priority
Application Submitted Online: 09-April-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Islamabad
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date):12-April-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On: 13-April-2017

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On: 18-April-2017
Supporting Documents Posted Back by Sheffield On: 28-April-2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On: 2 May 2017
Sponsor Contacted by UKVI (if applicable): n/a

Chased UKVI by email for status update and summary below by response date from them:
25 April 2017 and 01 May 2017: currently in progress
14 May 2017: your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted
19 May 2017 and 29 May 2017: no current update
13 June 2017: AWAITING A DECISION
19 June 2017: currently awaiting approval
6 July 2017: A decision has been made

UKVI status check website update (have been checking every day): 05 July 2017
Decision Made (As per UKVI status check website): 3 July 2017
Decision Made (As per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office): 3 July 2017
Contacted For Collection: 11 July 2017
Collection Made: 11 July 2017
Decision Of Application: Approved.
Validity Of Visa: 11 July 2017 – 10 August 2017 (we had mentioned 20 July 2017 as intended travel date)

Time taken from biometric date to decision date: 55 working days
Time taken from biometric date to passport collection date: 61 working days
Congratulations!! Finally !!
Could you please share the email ID where I can mail and trace my application as calling them is of no use

Thanks !!

Hapats
Newly Registered

Post by Hapats » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi

After I escalated my case. My husband got an email yesterday saying that i had made an enquiry and that due to data protection that cannot speak to me. Which I think is outrageous especially due to the fact that they have asked for my sensitive information i.e, bank statement, wage slips, home address, etc, too they should be able to talk to me.

They have basically said that we got an email on 06/05/2017 which said the application is on hold and that there is no time line. Has anybody else had this?

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Does anyone know How long is priority taking at the minute?

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:10 pm

askhans786 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Alhumdullilah my spouse got her visa from Russia - Moscow.

Took exact 3 months applied on 4th April received aproval on 6th July.

Many thanks for this board and members for sharing tips and stories.

No email from UKBA straight decision.

Kind Regards,
AK

My spouse submitted her biometrics on May 19th in Moscow, and we sent the supporting documents, to Sheffield, and I could see that they were signed for on May 24th, although they never acknowledged receiving them.

We're still awaiting a decision, but at least we've not been contacted to say that there are problems.

I still haven't received the supporting documents back to my UK address (I provided a stamped addressed envelope) I noticed a a lot of people get the supporting documents back within a few days, is it unusual not to have them back yet?

Thanks

Andrew
Last edited by Andrew1972 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:Does anyone know How long is priority taking at the minute?

Can take up to 18 months as new law to the way applications are being processed, it is no longer on a first submitted basis rather on complexity now.