ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of dependent ILR biometric card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malang
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Renewal of dependent ILR biometric card

Post by Malang » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:35 am

Hello,

Has anyone has similar or come across experience to that below and would like to share with us? Our daughters, 16 and 14, need to renew their biometric residence card before 30 August 2017. Applications need to be made before the end of July. Their cards only had a five-year validity, whereas we are for 10 years. When looking at the renewal documents we have become concerned about whether they will be eligible to have their cards renewed.

Our circumstances: my husband is seconded to a British firm in China since 2013, and has been with them since 2007, we have property in England and maintain paying NI every month. His original 3 year contract has been extended twice, now till July 2018, after which we will return. My children and I last visited England in Feb 2016. My husband has established ongoing connection with the UK in the form of his substantive contract, visiting doctors when he is in the UK, and so on, but there appears little to support the case for our daughters renewal except that they are our dependents. There is nothing in the documentation I have read to suggest that is a reason to renew a dependent’s residence card where the dependent has spent considerable time outside the UK.

We will be back in England on the 23 of July, please do advise us or share experience.

Many thanks in advance,
Malang~indah.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Renewal of dependent ILR biometric card

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:23 pm

How long have they and you been out of the UK??

Do they hold Indefinite Leave to Remain or a child dependent visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Malang
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Malang » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:14 am

Hi,

Thanks for your replied, The girls and I have been out of the UK since 2013 but we visited UK every 15-18 months.

Best,
Malang~indah.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:52 am

ILR is lost after 2 years absence and short visits do not maintain the status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Malang
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Malang » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:16 pm

We receive an advise from a friend that In general, a replacement of biometric card is similar to renewing our driving licence. The indefinite leave to remain status still remains...and will never expire, unless of course it is proven that we have been away from the UK for more than 2 years.

We have been away since 2013 but we maintain to visit UK from time to time.

We planning to book a premium service for a same-day service and will post the result here.

Best,
Malang~indah.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Your 'friend' is wrong. ILR is lost if you are absent from the UK for 2 or more years, i.e. not settled, not resident.

ILR only remains in tact IF you live in the UK and yes, you simply renew the card not the status.

What evidence are you going to submit that they have had residence in the UK since 2013??
Char (CR001 not Casa)