ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covering letter for dependent visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tomrahmad

Urgnet. Dependent visa refused

Post by tomrahmad » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Dear Gurus,

Can you please urgently help me, I have a mix news. I applied for ILR for myself and my dependent based on tier 1 entrepreneur 5 year route.

Home office approved mine ILR but refused dependent's with reason as not spended enough time of 5 years.

What's my next moved should be. As I haven't showed enough income. Can she continue as tier 1 dependent or she has to go to spouse route? And if yes for tier 1 dependent, can you please provide reference from immigration rules.

Please help.

Sorry i am not at my best woth wording today because of stress.

Please help

Kindest regards
Ahmad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgnet. Dependent visa refused

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:35 pm

What date did she enter the UK as a PBS dependent?
Has her visa already expired?

You got ILR based on tier 1 and 5 years residence then she can continue to extend her current visa till she reaches 5 years residence.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tomrahmad

Post by tomrahmad » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Dear Cr01,

Thank you for your reply. She arrived at 19/7/14. (Applied for her ILR on wronf advise of a solicitor) i know its my mistake I shouldn't have applied.

Her visa expired on 27/4/17.

Decision letter dated 05/07/17. Areived just today.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:51 pm

If the letter gives you an option to make an application within 14 days I suggest you do that as soon as possible. Hopefully you have the required maintenance funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tomrahmad

Post by tomrahmad » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi. Letter only says: AR Can be apply in 14 days. I think it mean i can make the fresh application for her within this time period.

In terms of maintenance. I have around 3k in my account for last 6 months.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Another case of stupid solicitors giving wrong advice :? Apply for fresh PBS dependant visa within 14 days, you have enough maintenance

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:27 pm

tomrahmad wrote:Dear Cr01,

Thank you for your reply. She arrived at 19/7/14. (Applied for her ILR on wronf advise of a solicitor) i know its my mistake I shouldn't have applied.

Her visa expired on 27/4/17.

Decision letter dated 05/07/17. Areived just today.

Thanks
One question:
Did she apply for a dependant visa with you initially and enter much later or did she only apply for a dependant visa in 2014 ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tomrahmad

Post by tomrahmad » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Dear zimba88,

Thank you for your input. I will surely apply for tier 1 dependent visa now.

May I please take a moment to show my appreciation and gratitude towards gurus of this forum, specially zimba88 for your prompt help. You always been very helpful.

Dear marcnarh,

She was initially granted visa in june 2014 and joined me here on 19/7/2014. We had one extension together.

Regards

Ahmad

tomrahmad

Post by tomrahmad » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Dear Gurus,

As per my previous post, i am submitting the application for my wife as tier 1 entrepreneur dependent (on own). Can you please advise what documents i need to inculde in application. I tried to find the guidance specifically for those dependents where main applicants were granted ilr on tier 1 entrepreneur basis.

Please help

Thanks

Ahmad

tomrahmad

Re: Urgentt. Dependent visa refused

Post by tomrahmad » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:07 pm

HiZimba/Cr01,

Can you please advise what documents to include in tier 1 entrepreneur dependent application.

Many Thanks
Ahmad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:16 pm

tomrahmad wrote:Dear Gurus,

As per my previous post, i am submitting the application for my wife as tier 1 entrepreneur dependent (on own). Can you please advise what documents i need to inculde in application. I tried to find the guidance specifically for those dependents where main applicants were granted ilr on tier 1 entrepreneur basis.

Please help

Thanks

Ahmad
There is no 'separate' guidance notes for dependents simply because you have ILR. There is only one, requirements are the same regardless of your status.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2017.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tomrahmad

Post by tomrahmad » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:33 pm

thank you dear Cr01.

Ahmad

tomrahmad

Covering letter for dependent visa

Post by tomrahmad » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi all,

First of All, CR01 or other senior members, sorry for creating another topic as I believe the question is different to my previous topic name. (At least i think so).

Now my question is, after the refusal of dependent's in country extension application, i am sending a fresh application within 14 days of refusal. Can anyone please advise, if new application will be considered intime? How shall i write about this in covering letter?

Just to advise, actual leave expired on 27/4/17. Previous application was made on 04/04/17.

Please advise.

Thanks
Ahmad

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Covering letter for dependent visa

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:51 pm

tomrahmad wrote:Hi all,

First of All, CR01 or other senior members, sorry for creating another topic as I believe the question is different to my previous topic name. (At least i think so).

Now my question is, after the refusal of dependent's in country extension application, i am sending a fresh application within 14 days of refusal. Can anyone please advise, if new application will be considered intime? How shall i write about this in covering letter?

Just to advise, actual leave expired on 27/4/17. Previous application was made on 04/04/17.

Please advise.

Thanks
Ahmad
Still better to have continued on previous thread as it has the background information.
Since the earlier application was refused, the fresh one will be an out-of-time application - i.e. as an overstayer. However, if it is made within 14 days of refusal, the application will still be treated as a valid one and the overstay ignored for the purposes of the ILR continuous lawful stay.

In short, it is not an in-time application and so the rights to work, etc. is not there. However, it does not have a long term impact.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tomrahmad

Re: Covering letter for dependent visa

Post by tomrahmad » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi All,

Thank you for your help. dependent application is almost ready to submit. Just One question: Please advise what else to include with application form? as per my understanding only requirement is bank statement for last 90 days.

if there are any other documentation, i should send.....please guide me.

thanks