ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

France Schengen visa - conference - email request for cv

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

France Schengen visa - conference - email request for cv

Post by bmnikhil » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Dear All,

I have applied for a Schengen visa for France to attend a conference via TLS contact (actually via third party weblink removed by moderator who apparently offer fast track appointments with TLS for some extra cost).

As I was short of time (conference starts 11/6/2017), I paid a bit more, sent all documents to xxxxxxxxx on 19th May and they got me an appointment for fingerprinting at TLS in 2 days (23rd May).

That friday (28 May), I received an email from <visas.londres-fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr> quoting my passport number and requesting my cv, list of publications (I'm a scientist), and requesting a reason for attending the conference. Also a warning saying that if I did not send these, my visa could be delayed.

I sent an email response immediately. No reply from them yet. Anyone had similar experience? What kind of waiting time did you have to face? All my other documents are in order.

Reply soon ?

Nikhil.

waqasars

Re: France Schengen visa - conference - email request for cv

Post by waqasars » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 pm

They should issue the visa as per requested date. You can send them e mail and ask about current application status.

I had similar experience when i applied for Australia. They issued the visa after conference date. That was useless for me.

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Post by bmnikhil » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Visa recieved yesterday, validity 3 years. Just took longer than expected.
Note: I've sent them CV as soon as I recieved the email.
Processing time: 5-6 working days

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:16 am

Enjoy your trip.

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Post by bmnikhil » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:08 am

waqasars wrote:Enjoy your trip.
Thank you :)

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi there,

I am also in the same boat, I am a scientist with Indian Passport and have ILR in UK. I applied for Schengen Business Visa (with a request for long term validity) through TLS London. I had my appointment on 5th July. They sent the documents on 6th and that afternoon, I got an email requesting my CV, research details and purpose of visit. I send all the requested documents within 2 hours and received a confirmation of receipt.

Now it nail-biting time and I am hoping for a decision very soon as I have another travel planned at the end of July. Worst case scenario, if it takes longer, I may have to withdraw in the last week of July.

Thanks for informing about your experience.

George

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:04 am

Hi Nikhil,

I am wondering when TLS usually update the status for sending passport? Morning or Evening?

George

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Post by bmnikhil » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:00 am

george1981 wrote:Hi Nikhil,

I am wondering when TLS usually update the status for sending passport? Morning or Evening?

George
Hi George,
I got a call in the afternoon (around 12.00 PM) that my visa was processed and they are posting it in a few hours. But I went through the third party and it was not TLS that called me.

Hope this helps,

Nikhil.

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Thanks Nikhil.
Today is 5th working day since I received email from Consulate. I hope they will send the passport back soon. Fingers crossed!

George