ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taffet87
Pakistan

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by taffet87 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Geet1328 wrote:Congratulations!! Finally !!
Could you please share the email ID where I can mail and trace my application as calling them is of no use

Thanks !!
thanks.. you need to submit the first email through this link and pay £5.48

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... ide-the-uk

The emails are standard and same as the calls -- its just cheaper - dont think either emails or calls help at all.. though as you can see I emailed them many times bceause it was cheap (only a one time fee)

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Sunni0 wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:Does anyone know How long is priority taking at the minute?

Can take up to 18 months as new law to the way applications are being processed, it is no longer on a first submitted basis rather on complexity now.
18 months? What's the source to this?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:39 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:Congratulations!! Finally !!
Could you please share the email ID where I can mail and trace my application as calling them is of no use

Thanks !!
thanks.. you need to submit the first email through this link and pay £5.48

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... ide-the-uk

The emails are standard and same as the calls -- its just cheaper - dont think either emails or calls help at all.. though as you can see I emailed them many times bceause it was cheap (only a one time fee)
You are right ... but I'm sure you will understand.. slightest hope at this time means a lot and yes off course it's cheaper than making a call !!!
Thanks and good luck !!

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:45 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Sunni0 wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:Does anyone know How long is priority taking at the minute?

Can take up to 18 months as new law to the way applications are being processed, it is no longer on a first submitted basis rather on complexity now.
18 months? What's the source to this?

Hi, pixelrage09

I went to my local MP today and was advised of this, I have personally been waiting 8 Months and not heard anything.

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm

18 months? It just gets worse hey! I really hope its not 18 months because that is longer than their 120 days maximum

Have you applied using priority?

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:15 pm

rocks4 wrote:Hi Hamida - My husband applied in Sylhet too, are you able to share your timelines? My husband applied and submitted all documents in Sylhet on 28th March, no news as of yet and the inside tracker doesnt recognise any of the reference numbers.

Thanks,
Rukhsana
Mouludmiah85 wrote:
Mash17101 wrote:Application Category: Spouse standard
Application Submitted Online: 28-may-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Sylhet
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 06-april-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On: 11-april-2017.

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 11-april-2017.
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : N/A
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable):NO
Status check 4-june-2017 Waiting for decision
Status check uk inside tracker 3-July-2017 application decided on 2-July-2017

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : 2-july-2017
Contacted For Collection : 6-july-2017
Collection Made :6-july-2017
Decision Of Application :visa granted
Validity Of Visa 10-07-17 to 9-08-17

62 working days in total from the bio date to receiving the passport.Thanks everyone for the support and hope everyones outcome is the same.
Hi Mash,

My husband also applied in sylhet and the insider tracker states that it has been decided 6th July. Still waiting for collection. By the way, does the passport remain in sylhet or does it actually make way to the UK?

Congratss!!!

Hamida

Hi Rukshana,

Very messy timeline, here goes

Biometrics submitted 4th April 2017
Sent documents to Sheffield 12th April
Documents returned home 17th April
Contacted several times through email and telephone: currently waiting to be reviewed
Emailed for update end of June: awaiting for decision
Checked online status checker 3rd July: GW not recognised
Checked online status checker 8th july: decided on 6th July

Currently waiting and feeling very anxious! They're taking far too long. Really disappointed in the service they've provided.

I will update you once i have the outcome of the decision.

Im surprised you're still waiting. Did you do it yourself or through a solicitor?

Best,
Hamida

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:18 months? It just gets worse hey! I really hope its not 18 months because that is longer than their 120 days maximum

Hi, Yes it is priority, it hasn't made a difference in my case! 120 days is only for straightforward cases, if anyone has received emails to say processing time will take longer or on hold it can take up to 18 months. :shock:

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:39 pm

Sunni0 wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:18 months? It just gets worse hey! I really hope its not 18 months because that is longer than their 120 days maximum

Hi, Yes it is priority, it hasn't made a difference in my case! 120 days is only for straightforward cases, if anyone has received emails to say processing time will take longer or on hold it can take up to 18 months. :shock:
Thats really crap! Well I have sent and recieved my documents back and I haven't heard anythng from the home office. This is my 9th week going but my solicitor has told me that it may take up to 12 weeks

O2017
Newly Registered

Post by O2017 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi everyone,

A decision has been made on my application. I applied 05-04-17 (non-priority, spouse settlement visa), biometric was completed 13-04-17 and supporting docs sent the week after. A decision was made 09-07-17. It took about 62 working days between online application and decision. A letter has been dispatched to my wife's address in London. How long will it take to know what the decision is? Will the British embassy in my country let me know when the passport is ready for collection? Also, till now, the supporting documents have not been sent back to my wife's address. Is this a good or bad sign? I'm a bit nervous.

Good luck everyone!

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Check the account that the nhs surcharge has been paid from. If they have returned this fee it means your application may have been rejected, if no refund than it is more than likely your visa has been granted.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:21 pm

O2017 wrote:Hi everyone,

A decision has been made on my application. I applied 05-04-17 (non-priority, spouse settlement visa), biometric was completed 13-04-17 and supporting docs sent the week after. A decision was made 09-07-17. It took about 62 working days between online application and decision. A letter has been dispatched to my wife's address in London. How long will it take to know what the decision is? Will the British embassy in my country let me know when the passport is ready for collection? Also, till now, the supporting documents have not been sent back to my wife's address. Is this a good or bad sign? I'm a bit nervous.

Good luck everyone!
It usually takes just over one week. Good luck. Your wife will not get the decision letter. You will get it with the passport. Your wife will normally get the documents sent with a cover note to say they have copied theM. Please post your full timeline here and in the relevant timeline thread with location etc

O2017
Newly Registered

Post by O2017 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:Check the account that the nhs surcharge has been paid from. If they have returned this fee it means your application may have been rejected, if no refund than it is more than likely your visa has been granted.

No refund. Should I start celebrating!!?? I'm so nervous and excited.

Good luck everyone

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:31 pm

O2017 wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:Check the account that the nhs surcharge has been paid from. If they have returned this fee it means your application may have been rejected, if no refund than it is more than likely your visa has been granted.

No refund. Should I start celebrating!!?? I'm so nervous and excited.

Good luck everyone

It is scary not knowing what to expect. And now the worst part is waiting to collect your passport. They haven't called us yet to collect the passport. Hopefully soon. They say 10 working days? Is that accurate or BS?

O2017
Newly Registered

Post by O2017 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Online App sent from Nigeria: 5th April 2017 (Spouse Settlement)

Biometrics submitted: 13th April 2017

Sent documents to Sheffield: 20th April

Documents returned home: N/A

Contacted several times through email and telephone: Reviewing Application and the Currently awaiting decision

Checked online status checker several times

Checked online status checker 11th july: Decided on 9th July

Decision: Awaiting

There's NO refund option on my IHS website page. Apparently it was there before. But now, it has disappeared. Is this good or bad news?

Good luck everyone

O2017
Newly Registered

Post by O2017 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:09 pm

taffet87 wrote:Thanks to everyone for the help and really wish everyone else receive their visa soon.

Final timeline for my wife's visa below.. I have added details of responses by UKVI when I emailed them to check (had to pay £5.48 once mid-way when the system changed but follow ups had no extra cost)

Thank you to everyone on the forum for helping. Final timeline below.

Application Category: Spouse (Wife) Standard Non-Priority
Application Submitted Online: 09-April-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Islamabad
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date):12-April-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On: 13-April-2017

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On: 18-April-2017
Supporting Documents Posted Back by Sheffield On: 28-April-2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On: 2 May 2017
Sponsor Contacted by UKVI (if applicable): n/a

Chased UKVI by email for status update and summary below by response date from them:
25 April 2017 and 01 May 2017: currently in progress
14 May 2017: your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted
19 May 2017 and 29 May 2017: no current update
13 June 2017: AWAITING A DECISION
19 June 2017: currently awaiting approval
6 July 2017: A decision has been made

UKVI status check website update (have been checking every day): 05 July 2017
Decision Made (As per UKVI status check website): 3 July 2017
Decision Made (As per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office): 3 July 2017
Contacted For Collection: 11 July 2017
Collection Made: 11 July 2017
Decision Of Application: Approved.
Validity Of Visa: 11 July 2017 – 10 August 2017 (we had mentioned 20 July 2017 as intended travel date)

Time taken from biometric date to decision date: 55 working days
Time taken from biometric date to passport collection date: 61 working days

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, has the refund option option on your IHS website page disappeared? A decision has been made on my application, but I don't know what it is. I hace just discovered that the refund option on my IHS webpage is no more there.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:54 am

Please can everybody that has received a case not straightforward email or Supreme Court judgement on hold email contact their local MP to contact the immigration minister to take this up as you will not get your visa until 18 months has passed.

Everyone is being lied to as they are sending these generic emails to all even if you meet the criteria. If we can get everyone to do this it will speed up the process of getting your visa.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:30 am

Sunni0 wrote:Please can everybody that has received a case not straightforward email or Supreme Court judgement on hold email contact their local MP to contact the immigration minister to take this up as you will not get your visa until 18 months has passed.

Everyone is being lied to as they are sending these generic emails to all even if you meet the criteria. If we can get everyone to do this it will speed up the process of getting your visa.
Im already waiting om my Mp's response. Will share when it comes.
Everybody is advised to contact their Mp and share His/Her response.

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:16 am

Sunni0 wrote:Please can everybody that has received a case not straightforward email or Supreme Court judgement on hold email contact their local MP to contact the immigration minister to take this up as you will not get your visa until 18 months has passed.

Hey Sunni0, this information about 18 months, came from your MP I understand, is there anywhere I can read about it? Thank you

We are yet to receive a response from my husband's local MP. People are getting visas, people who applied later than me, so really, not everyone is getting a on hold letter.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:26 am

O2017 wrote: Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, has the refund option option on your IHS website page disappeared? A decision has been made on my application, but I don't know what it is. I hace just discovered that the refund option on my IHS webpage is no more there.
I don't know where the IHS website is and where the refund option used to be? On https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ when I login the box on bottom right says IHS Payment Completed ... and i can't click on this button

We made the payment using the visa4uk website and just clicked on the IHS link there and made the payment through that link

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:06 am

Mouludmiah85 wrote:
rocks4 wrote:Hi Hamida - My husband applied in Sylhet too, are you able to share your timelines? My husband applied and submitted all documents in Sylhet on 28th March, no news as of yet and the inside tracker doesnt recognise any of the reference numbers.

Thanks,
Rukhsana
Mouludmiah85 wrote:
Mash17101 wrote:Application Category: Spouse standard
Application Submitted Online: 28-may-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Sylhet
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 06-april-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On: 11-april-2017.

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 11-april-2017.
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : N/A
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable):NO
Status check 4-june-2017 Waiting for decision
Status check uk inside tracker 3-July-2017 application decided on 2-July-2017

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : 2-july-2017
Contacted For Collection : 6-july-2017
Collection Made :6-july-2017
Decision Of Application :visa granted
Validity Of Visa 10-07-17 to 9-08-17

62 working days in total from the bio date to receiving the passport.Thanks everyone for the support and hope everyones outcome is the same.
Hi Mash,

My husband also applied in sylhet and the insider tracker states that it has been decided 6th July. Still waiting for collection. By the way, does the passport remain in sylhet or does it actually make way to the UK?

Congratss!!!

Hamida

Hi Rukshana,

Very messy timeline, here goes

Biometrics submitted 4th April 2017
Sent documents to Sheffield 12th April
Documents returned home 17th April
Contacted several times through email and telephone: currently waiting to be reviewed
Emailed for update end of June: awaiting for decision
Checked online status checker 3rd July: GW not recognised
Checked online status checker 8th july: decided on 6th July

Currently waiting and feeling very anxious! They're taking far too long. Really disappointed in the service they've provided.

I will update you once i have the outcome of the decision.

Im surprised you're still waiting. Did you do it yourself or through a solicitor?

Best,
Hamida
Hi Hamida - We did it ourselves but was checked my a solicitor (my dad is an immigration lawyer), I think my husband's application was part of the last batch that went to Delhi for processing rather than Sheffield, its the only reason I can think of for the delay. I'm going to reach out to them again today for an update. So frustrating....

Inshallah you get a positive outcome if the decision has been made, please do keep me updated.

Thanks,
Rukhsana

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:08 am

taffet87 wrote:
O2017 wrote: Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, has the refund option option on your IHS website page disappeared? A decision has been made on my application, but I don't know what it is. I hace just discovered that the refund option on my IHS webpage is no more there.
I don't know where the IHS website is and where the refund option used to be? On https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ when I login the box on bottom right says IHS Payment Completed ... and i can't click on this button

We made the payment using the visa4uk website and just clicked on the IHS link there and made the payment through that link
I believe this option is for people who applied within the UK, not for us I am guessing.

O2017
Newly Registered

Post by O2017 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:35 am

Hi Taffet87,

I'm guessing you applied within the UK. I've applied from Nigeria. I have just received an email from TLS saying a decision has been made, and I should be contacted within a few days for passport collection.

My new timeline:

Online App sent from Nigeria: 5th April (Spouse Settlement)

Biometrics submitted: 13th April

Contacted several times through email and telephone: Reviewing Application and the Currently awaiting decision

TLS email: 12th July

Still no NHS refund. I'm so nervous

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 pm

I already had contacted my local MP. She sent mail to UKVI and no reply. Last week she called directly UKVI.

UKVI Told to MP:
His case is not straight forward.
We are working.
No timeline.

My MP said sorry and assured me will contact UKVI again after 1 month.

My Timelines now:-
Application Category: Spouse standard (Non Priority)
Application Submitted Online: 14-Dec-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Chennai
Supporting Documents reached Sheffield On : 02-Jan-2017.
Status check on 24-june-2017 : Waiting for decision

Probably I am the only one who waiting since Dec 2016. MP also could not help much. Really worrying me.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Hope it goes well.. I think given the decision is bang on around 60 working days..
it will be a positive one and there have been a number of 60 day applications which have been approved recently.. I (as in my wife) applied from Pakistan..
O2017 wrote:Hi Taffet87,

I'm guessing you applied within the UK. I've applied from Nigeria. I have just received an email from TLS saying a decision has been made, and I should be contacted within a few days for passport collection.

My new timeline:

Online App sent from Nigeria: 5th April (Spouse Settlement)

Biometrics submitted: 13th April

TLS email: 12th July

Still no NHS refund. I'm so nervous

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:33 pm

MrClientServer wrote: My Timelines now:-
Application Category: Spouse standard (Non Priority)
Application Submitted Online: 14-Dec-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Chennai
Supporting Documents reached Sheffield On : 02-Jan-2017.
Status check on 24-june-2017 : Waiting for decision

Probably I am the only one who waiting since Dec 2016. MP also could not help much. Really worrying me.
What are the areas that make your case not straight forward? I know they won't tell you - but I guess you will have an idea?