ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship references question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Irish citizenship references question

Post by broli » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:29 pm

HI folks,

My Irish referees filled the referral form in blue pen is this OK ?

Should that be in in Black pen and Capital letters like the application form ?

Thanks

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish citizenship references question

Post by zepman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:56 pm

What do you mean by "...like the application form..."? The references section is part of the application form and hence the black pen/writing in block capitals rule applies to it as well.

It may not be a big deal and they might actually accept it as it is, but I personally wouldn't do it and risk delays in the application. When I was working on my application, I brought my own pen while meeting with each referee and specifically asked them to write in block letters. I also did that with the solicitor at the end.

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:23 pm

broli wrote:HI folks,

My Irish referees filled the referral form in blue pen is this OK ?

Should that be in in Black pen and Capital letters like the application form ?

Thanks
I don't think it's a big deal - as I had the same issue in my app, and it didn't cause any problem as I'm in the second stage at the moment.
Good Luck

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 pm

Tatalo wrote: I don't think it's a big deal - as I had the same issue in my app, and it didn't cause any problem as I'm in the second stage at the moment.
Good Luck
What's your timeline like and how long has it been so far? Are you also experiencing any delays?

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Alixlboy wrote:
Tatalo wrote: I don't think it's a big deal - as I had the same issue in my app, and it didn't cause any problem as I'm in the second stage at the moment.
Good Luck
What's your timeline like and how long has it been so far? Are you also experiencing any delays?
Applied November last year.
got the second letter March.
and waiting since then.

you?

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:31 pm

I haven't applied myself, however, I know some of the people who are waiting and experiencing delays. One of my friends was telling me yesterday, that he knows about a person who sued the immigration authorities back in the past, because they were holding his wife's passport, and he won the case. Immigration released thousands of passports after that. Looks like they need to be sued by someone again.

I hope they realise how frustrating it can be for someone waiting for a long time.

Good luck to you!