ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retail loss prevention and spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tatyana999
Newly Registered

Retail loss prevention and spouse visa

Post by tatyana999 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Hello everyone, I have searched a lot this topic and found some useful information but most of them are old. I just wonder if someoone had a similar situation and what was the outcome.
Here is a thing: Long story short, my friend and i did something stupid and got caught by shop security in UK on visit visa last year. No police is involved. But recieved letter from Retail loss prevention and had to pay 150pounds. we did. Now she is getting married to UK men and i have few questions:
1.will this affect her visa to uk (spouse visa) ?
2. Has anyone had the same situation? and what happened?
3. Does she mention this on her applicaiton, there is one question: >>Have you had any UK court judgement against you for non-payment of a debt, or received a civil penalty under UK Immigration Acts?? << does she declare it, or she doesnt need to mention at all?
4. Is this a criminal record?
5.does RLP give the information to Police or any boarder stuff so that HOME OFFICE do check? I know HO does a lot of reasearch so Just want to be sure :( sorry for long post. Please help :oops:

pixelrage09
India

Re: Retail loss prevention and spouse visa

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Something like this should definitely be declared on an application. You may write a cover letter explaining the circumstances.

Home Office sees suppression of any info as deception or contriving to frustrate the immigration rules and can penalize you heavily.

tatyana999
Newly Registered

Post by tatyana999 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:08 am

Oh noo :( do you know anyone has had the same situation?
Well if we declare does it mean that they automatically refuse it?
That was she is concerned about .. or they will take into account honesty ? She is absolutely terrified

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:17 am

tatyana999 wrote:Oh noo :( do you know anyone has had the same situation?
Well if we declare does it mean that they automatically refuse it?
That was she is concerned about .. or they will take into account honesty ? She is absolutely terrified
No they can't refuse a spouse visa simply based on this because under a spouse visa, you are entitled to family life under Article 8. Which states that you have a right to life with your family member and only a serious criminality can prevent that.

Serious criminality would be anything that involves jail time or affiliation with gangs etc.

Since you haven't had jail time and it was a minor offense that's been paid for, you should mention this in your cover letter and it hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

tatyana999
Newly Registered

Post by tatyana999 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Oh you give me a light in the total darkenss :D :D Thank you for suggestion, yes it clearly says that they share information with police and to prevent crime and other stuff. I hope when being honest they will take into consideration. I was just wondering if there was anyone with the same situation and if they were granted a visa.

your help is appreciated ^^