ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marysol
Newly Registered

PR questions

Post by marysol » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am

Hi,

I will be submitting my application for PR next September. I am a Cuban citizen married to and Irish citizen, both living and working in the UK. My questions are:

1- Do I need to get a recent marriage certificate, or the one I have (approx 6 years old) will be ok?

2- Do I need I birth certificate?

Sorry If those questions are a bit silly, but I know in certain countries, like Spain, they ask for recent (less than 6 months old) supporting documents.

thanks in advance,

GabriellaG
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PR questions

Post by GabriellaG » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 am

Hi, no your original marriage certificate and you won't need birth certs. Your passport is all :-)

marysol
Newly Registered

Post by marysol » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:11 pm

thanks for your message Gabriella!

So, I don't need to get a recent copy of my marriage certificate right?

My marriage certificate was issued in Cuba, and it is translated to English and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cuba.

I just need to be sure I don't need a recent one so my application will no suffer any delays.

thanks

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:53 pm

Hello Friends

I m going to make EEA permanent card application as non-EEA spouse of EEA national and trying to make the application ready from now.
I need help to complete the application and have some questions to start it.

Q1. we got married in 08/2012 but got my RC in 03/2013. so 5 years completed on marriage date or RC issue date??? (One of the lawyer says it is the date when i got married)

Q2. what is good method to get fast response online or paper application??

Q3. Do i need to pass life in uk test??

Q4. should i apply by myself or hire a lawyer for this job??

Please share your experience to make my application easy. Thanks :)

ThaSaint1
Newly Registered

Post by ThaSaint1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 am

As a non EAA/non EU,you only have the paper form to fill;you are not eligible to use to online form as it's for EU/EEA citizens only.Your 5yrs starts from when you got married (by EU LAW/non UK law applications).You don't need life in the UK test and I think if you download the form and guidance and read carefully* and follow instructions* you won't need a lawyer.I hope this helps.