ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VeejM

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by VeejM » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Fatzipoo wrote:Hi guys

I applied for my husbands visa (priority) on 24th March. Since then my employer received a phone call towards mid May. It's now been almost 4 months and I've heard nothing back, they sent my husbands documents back to me last month but no sign of his visa still, he received an email a couple of weeks back saying it's been put on hold and we phoned today and they stated that it's something to do with my finances. I earn £19,200 a year and have £25,000+ in savings. Could there be anything wrong with my finances?
Also is there anyway to escalate this case as I'm very desperate to get his visa as you all know it's very frustrating and heartbreaking to be apart.

Good luck to all of you x
Where di you apply from?
Your finances are above the threshold.

I've checked that all applications from Italy, Rome take up to 60 days. I'm shy of about 2 weeks till that time.

My friend applied for his wife from the US, 2 weeks after me and he got her Visa for setllement granted 2 weeks ago.... something tells me that they are dealing with non-eu and other countries besides the US alot more different... thats just my opinion.

regards,
Veej

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:02 pm

VeejM wrote:

I applied for my husbands visa (priority) on 24th March. Since then my employer received a phone call towards mid May. It's now been almost 4 months and I've heard nothing back, they sent my husbands documents back to me last month but no sign of his visa still, he received an email a couple of weeks back saying it's been put on hold and we phoned today and they stated that it's something to do with my finances. I earn £19,200 a year and have £25,000+ in savings. Could there be anything wrong with my finances?
Also is there anyway to escalate this case as I'm very desperate to get his visa as you all know it's very frustrating and heartbreaking to be apart.

Where di you apply from?

I've checked that all applications from Italy, Rome take up to 60 days. I'm shy of about 2 weeks till that time.

My friend applied for his wife from the US, 2 weeks after me and he got her Visa for setllement granted 2 weeks ago.... something tells me that they are dealing with non-eu and other countries besides the US alot more different... thats just my opinion.

regards,
Veej

I applied from London, my husband is from lahore. I just wonder if they'll make a decision or would I have to re apply? It's just really unfair that they're taking so long and dragging us all :(

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Fatzipoo wrote:
VeejM wrote:

Where di you apply from?

regards,
Veej

I applied from London, my husband is from lahore. I just wonder if they'll make a decision or would I have to re apply? It's just really unfair that they're taking so long and dragging us all :(
Yeah, a real drag....
you'd think that they would be alot better from within the EU let alone London....

Seems to me that they are doing extra checks as they've been bitten bad by the Non-Eu applicants before and we the general law abiding citizens have to pay the concequences of some foolish peoples actions....

What ever the real problem is we will never know fully... just have to hang in there....
luckily my missus is in Italy so I can travel to see her on the weekends which is the only good thing through this process....

Rant over :roll:

Asma Husam
Newly Registered

Post by Asma Husam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Social media weblink removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Asma Husam wrote:Social media weblink removed by moderator
Suggest you read the forum terms and conditions before posting such information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Asma Husam wrote:Social media weblink removed by moderator
Suggest you read the forum terms and conditions before posting such information.

I've read somewhere on this forum that Applicants who's threshold wasn't met or applicants who were just about to be refused were put on this hold. Also that it's possible they're holding down applicants who earn between £18,600-£26,000? Is this true?

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi pixel,

Hope all is well.

Just want to know if HO have made any progress with your other halfs visa app?? I think your 120 working days are up or almost up?

Have you looked at the pre action protocol stuff?

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 am

Hi all

Just a quick update, my husband received his visa finally and this took around 60 working days and exactly 3 months. I didn't receive any hold emails or any of that sort.

Hope you all also get positive results!!

Hamida

glenh
Newly Registered

Post by glenh » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:26 am

Hi
Visa finally granted today, about 6 weeks after receiving the email stating the application was on hold due to not meeting financial requirements. Had no further contact until yesterday when they called my wife to ask when she wanted to travel. Maybe they are now proccesing the 'less straightforward cases' We apllied March 31 in Bangkok btw

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 am

maibm wrote:Hi pixel,

Hope all is well.

Just want to know if HO have made any progress with your other halfs visa app?? I think your 120 working days are up or almost up?

Have you looked at the pre action protocol stuff?
Hi Maibm,

Yes, our time has been up and our MP has followed up with HO. Our MP made an official complaint with them that HO is required to respond to within 20 working days. So depending on what Home Office come back with on the 31st of July, we will move to the next step of PAP.

How about yourself? Have you had any updates yet?

thewallstreetmonkey
Newly Registered

Post by thewallstreetmonkey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:51 am

40 working days since priority application and still waiting..

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:38 am

pixelrage09 wrote:Hi Maibm,

Yes, our time has been up and our MP has followed up with HO. Our MP made an official complaint with them that HO is required to respond to within 20 working days. So depending on what Home Office come back with on the 31st of July, we will move to the next step of PAP.

How about yourself? Have you had any updates yet?
Hi, the last letter I got from my mp said that she's expecting a response from the account manager at UKVI no later than 14 July which is today. That letter was sent to me about a month ago. She did say when mp's contact ukvi they get a response in a maximum of 21 days. I sent the mp an email on Wednesday and not had a response yet.

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:13 am

glenh wrote:Hi
Visa finally granted today, about 6 weeks after receiving the email stating the application was on hold due to not meeting financial requirements. Had no further contact until yesterday when they called my wife to ask when she wanted to travel. Maybe they are now proccesing the 'less straightforward cases' We apllied March 31 in Bangkok btw
Hi Glenh,
Congratulations! Your wife is the first who received the visa after put on hold these year! What was written in email cconcerning hold? Was it on hold due Supreme Court Judgement on 22 February?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:17 am

TatianaT wrote:
Hi Glenh,
Congratulations! Your wife is the first who received the visa after put on hold these year! What was written in email cconcerning hold? Was it on hold due Supreme Court Judgement on 22 February?

Hi Glenh,
Congratulations!! If it's ok with you what exactly the issue regarding " financial requirements "
Thanks !

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:20 am

Geet1328 wrote:Hi all ,
Can anyone please advice what do you mean when they say " your application is being considered and is awaiting approval "

I asked about my application status and that's the reply I got

Hi all
Can anyone call please answer my query

glenh
Newly Registered

Post by glenh » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:44 am

Hi
The email was as follows:
Dear Sir/Madam

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules. The applications affected are those failing to meet the minimum income requirement for a spouse/partner visa and Appendix FM applications falling for refusal which involve a child.
The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application. If you would like your passport to be returned to you please contact Bangkok.Visadvu@fco.gov.uk

We met the financial requirements through cash savings as we had just sold our house. Under the rules the money from the house sale wasn't required to be in the bank for 6 months.

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Even I've applied from bangkok but haven't received any decision yet applied on 1st march

Ariesfub
Newly Registered

Post by Ariesfub » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Even I've applied in Bangkok haven't received any decision applied on 1st of march

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Can anyone please advice what do you mean when they say " your application is being considered and is awaiting approval "

Hi all
Unfortunately it is just a generic response. It has no real meaning. Your application is being assessed and they will let you know the decision when they are ready.

I was told two weeks ago "your application is at the last stage, awaiting approval while final checks are completed" As I say, that was 2 weeks ago today.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Ariesfub wrote:

Even I've applied in Bangkok haven't received any decision applied on 1st of march

Me too my application processing in Bangkok .applied 20 feb and put hold on 2 June still nothing .

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm

SimonS wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Hi all
Unfortunately it is just a generic response. It has no real meaning. Your application is being assessed and they will let you know the decision when they are ready.

I was told two weeks ago "your application is at the last stage, awaiting approval while final checks are completed" As I say, that was 2 weeks ago today.
Hi SimonS

Thanks !
For a min was really hopeful ... can you also suggest that how frequently we can mail them .. I mean don't want to irritate them and they take out on my application...

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Geet

Emails and phone calls are handled by a 3rd party so no it won't irritate your case worker. Maybe you can ask weekly ad there is no rule or further charge for it.

You can check status daily on beta tracking link and likely to know when status finally show as decided.

Best of luck
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:41 pm

metanoia wrote:Hi Geet

Emails and phone calls are handled by a 3rd party so no it won't irritate your case worker. Maybe you can ask weekly ad there is no rule or further charge for it.

You can check status daily on beta tracking link and likely to know when status finally show as decided.

Best of luck
Hi Metan & All,
3 weeks back i have sent email which they charged £5.60 from my credit card.
Today when I tried to sent another email its again asking me to provide my credit card.
UKVI said any following email is free of charge. How to avoid charges for followup email?
how the system recognise previous mail sent by me ?

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:46 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
metanoia wrote:Hi Geet

Best of luck
Hi Metan & All,
3 weeks back i have sent email which they charged £5.60 from my credit card.
Today when I tried to sent another email its again asking me to provide my credit card.
UKVI said any following email is free of charge. How to avoid charges for followup email?
how the system recognise previous mail sent by me ?
Hi, you need to respond to their reply which has your reference number in the subject, that way it becomes part of their chain and you won't be charged again.

hm7
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hm7 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:47 pm

@MrClientServer

You don't have to go via the website route again. For follow up queries you just have to reply to the email response or acknowledgement received from the home office support email (ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com).

Hope that helps.