ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship refusal/Applied for reconsideration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ernestutee
Newly Registered

British citizenship refusal/Applied for reconsideration

Post by Ernestutee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:31 am

Hello

I wonder if anyone could help me please. I have had British citizen application refused back in February 2017. The reason for it was that they said on p2 of refusal letter that I have not sent in British resident card (which I have sent), however on p1 of refusal letter they have advised me that they are returning this document. Therefore I thought this is just an admin mistake they have made so I have applied for reconsideration within 28 days (I have post office receipts etc), then in May 2017 they have sent me a letter saying that they have received my application for reconsideration and I haven't heard anything since. I have rang then last week and no one really is willing to help me or give me any update.

I wonder if anyone has come across anything like that? I am Lithuanian national, lived in U.K. for 16 years. I have had my resident permit for more than 5 years. The resident permit card I sent them was blue colour and it unfolds in three parts, unless they were expecting anything else? I'm a little bit worried that I haven't heard anything for this long, it's been six months.. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship refusal/Applied for reconsideration

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 am

Is the residence card a document certifying permanent residence??

What exactly does the card say?

You would have had to apply for this and it costs £65.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ernestutee
Newly Registered

Post by Ernestutee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:53 am

Hello

Yes document certifies permanent residence in U.K. I have googled it 'permanent residence card uk' and it comes up with exactly the same document I have sent them.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:25 am

Can you quote exactly what it says on the card - is the reference to permanent residence printed or stamped? Can you perhaps post a picture (obscuring personal details)?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:32 am

This must be so frustrating. An admin error (if thats what it is) has left the OP waiting for an indefinite amount of time as there seems to be no timescale for reconsideration applications.

Ernestutee
Newly Registered

Post by Ernestutee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:04 pm

It seems I am unable to post an image on here. Is there any way I can do it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Ernestutee wrote:It seems I am unable to post an image on here. Is there any way I can do it?
Just post exactly what the card says (not your personal details).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ernestutee
Newly Registered

Post by Ernestutee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:00 am

It's blue, unfolds in three parts. At the top it says 'Residence Documentation', type of document 'Registration Certificate'. Issue date 15 Jan 2010. Sorry I can't post a picture.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:24 am

If it does not say Permanent Residence anywhere, then the refusal is of your citizenship application is correct as it is mandatory to submit the PR document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:48 am

It should have an expiration data. A registration certificate usually has 5 years, while a permanent residence card (and it is not always called correctly) is valid for 10 years. Check the sticker, it is the important bit, not the blue paper.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:29 pm

PS: Check the entry "Type of document". If it says "Document certifying permanent residence", you are correct, and they are wrong. This would not be the first time the home office is confused by their own rules.

Ernestutee
Newly Registered

Post by Ernestutee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Thank you for your replies. Document renewal date is blank. At the front of the document says 'UK Residence Documentation for national of an EEA state this document is issued pursuant to directive 2004/38/EC'. Type of document says 'Registration certificate'.

There is no sticker on a document.. just HMRC water marks