ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) extension admin review

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit8910
India

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) extension admin review

Post by amit8910 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi All,

I am posting question behalf my friend who recently rejected and applied for admin review.

He likes to know what are the option if his admin review will reject.

If he will go for fresh application then can his dependent work as per previous status or not?

Can he challenge the decision in court? If he can then his dependent work or not.

Can he appeal the decision?If he can then he needs to leave country or not and can his dependent work if she is in UK?

Can he or her wife apply for student visa?Then aim for 10 year ILR visa?

Thanks,
Amit

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) extension admin review

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:21 pm

We cannot help if we do not know why the application was refused and reasons behind it. :!:

After AR refusal he can apply for a fresh application, but he will be an overstayer as his section 3C ends which also ends their 10 year lawful stay period.
If the dependants have no valid visa either, then they will be over stayers too and cannot work.
There are no rights of appeal available to PBS migrants so they cannot challenge the decision in court, the only option is JR which is outside the scope of immigration rules.
They also cannot apply for a Tier 4 from the UK.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks Zimba for your reply.

Refusal reasons as below.
1)Director loan is not shown in company accounts-
2)Employee"s birth certificate provided which HO refused to consider.Employee doesn't have passport.
3)My friend never submitted RTI to HMRC as he found somewhere(on HMRC website) that small employer is exempt to file RTI if employees contract is less than 15 hours.However,he paid NI and other taxes of employees in HMRC. It is just RTI is not filed.

I think he can satisfied with first two reasons in fresh application.However,I am not sure how to overcome 3rd one.

Please advise what is the best option here.

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:37 pm

amit8910 wrote:Thanks Zimba for your reply.

Refusal reasons as below.
1)Director loan is not shown in company accounts-
2)Employee"s birth certificate provided which HO refused to consider.Employee doesn't have passport.
3)My friend never submitted RTI to HMRC as he found somewhere(on HMRC website) that small employer is exempt to file RTI if employees contract is less than 15 hours.However,he paid NI and other taxes of employees in HMRC. It is just RTI is not filed.

I think he can satisfied with first two reasons in fresh application.However,I am not sure how to overcome 3rd one.

Please advise what is the best option here.

Thanks
I am not aware of any exemption for RTI and HMRC should have sent late filing notifications of non submission of FPS.
How did he calculate the NI/PAYE that he paid ? Any software used would have created FPS docs.
He should talk to an accountant or HMRC directly - I am not aware of any way of submitting very old FPS.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:12 am

Your friend must seek the advice of a good accountant and talk to HMRC.
RTI submission of payroll is mandatory for all employers irrespective of their size or nature of work.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi Zimba

If my friend will go for JR then does he needs to leave country? Do you know timeline and chances for JR?

If his dependent needs to apply for student visa.Does she needs to apply from outside of UK? If she will grant student visa and if they will come back in UK within 6 months then they eligible for 10 years long residency.(I think on of my friend student visa finished and he got PSW from home country within 6 months and he applied for ILR on 10 years basis and he got the ILR) but still wants to make sure with you if any changes in rules.

Thanks,

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:13 pm

one more question if He will apply for JR then can he apply for student visa same time.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 pm

amit8910 wrote:Hi Zimba

If my friend will go for JR then does he needs to leave country? Do you know timeline and chances for JR?

If his dependent needs to apply for student visa.Does she needs to apply from outside of UK? If she will grant student visa and if they will come back in UK within 6 months then they eligible for 10 years long residency.(I think on of my friend student visa finished and he got PSW from home country within 6 months and he applied for ILR on 10 years basis and he got the ILR) but still wants to make sure with you if any changes in rules.

Thanks,
The problem seems to be with the FPS/RTI.
As both me and Zimba suggested, that needs to be sorted with an accountant and HMRC.
If it can be sorted, then all it needs is a fresh application.
If that can't be sorted, I can't see much of a chance to win on JR, but you need to talk to a lawyer on that.

Zimba already replied that you can't apply Tier4 from within the UK - so not sure why you are asking the same question again.
And yes, if she comes back within 6 months, the eligibility for 10 year LR is there.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:03 am

On what basis ?? JR is to challenge HO for doing something unlawful. What was or is unlawful in the decision ??!
Is she being manipulated by solicitors to push for JR just because they say ?!
If his dependent needs to apply for student visa.Does she needs to apply from outside of UK?
Yes
If she will grant student visa and if they will come back in UK within 6 months then they eligible for 10 years long residency.(I think on of my friend student visa finished and he got PSW from home country within 6 months and he applied for ILR on 10 years basis and he got the ILR) but still wants to make sure with you if any changes in rules.
That is only possible if you leave the UK when you still have valid visa and return within 6 months.
When you have no valid visa, then you should apply for a new visa outside the UK within 14 days of becoming an overstayer (when AR is refused) and such application needs to be successful to keep your continuous period intact (assuming all that takes less than 6 months and you come back). Obviously any absences of more than 180 days from the UK breaks your continuous period under all circumstances

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks to both of you for your views.

My friend will consult lawyer for JR.

One more question-If AR will go unsuccessful and my friend will leave UK in 14 days and apply for student visa in Nov 17 for Jan 18 Course then his 10 years residency consider or not.

His AR result will come by end of this month.

Thanks

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 am

amit8910 wrote:Thanks to both of you for your views.

One more question-If AR will go unsuccessful and my friend will leave UK in 14 days and apply for student visa in Nov 17 for Jan 18 Course then his 10 years residency consider or not.

Thanks
Not sure if you are aware but isn't 10 year residency based on 10 year continuous lawful residency!

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 pm

I think if you will come within 6 months then you are eligible for 10 years residency. However,I am not sure if visa rejected and your visa finished that time then it consider to be legal stay or not for 10 years residency.If your AR unsuccessful then it consider legal stay or not.

Zimba- if you can answer my question that would be great.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:14 pm

I think if you will come within 6 months then you are eligible for 10 years residency.
Who told you that?? You cannot apply for ILR long residence any sooner than WITHIN 28 days of reaching 10 years residence, counted from date of entry to the UK.
However,I am not sure if visa rejected and your visa finished that time then it consider to be legal stay or not for 10 years residency.If your AR unsuccessful then it consider legal stay or not.

Zimba88 has already answered this. If AR is unsuccessful, then he is an overstayer from the date after his visa expired.
zimba88 wrote:We cannot help if we do not know why the application was refused and reasons behind it. :!:

After AR refusal he can apply for a fresh application, but he will be an overstayer as his section 3C ends which also ends their 10 year lawful stay period.
If the dependants have no valid visa either, then they will be over stayers too and cannot work.
There are no rights of appeal available to PBS migrants so they cannot challenge the decision in court, the only option is JR which is outside the scope of immigration rules.
They also cannot apply for a Tier 4 from the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm

amit8910 wrote:I think if you will come within 6 months then you are eligible for 10 years residency. However,I am not sure if visa rejected and your visa finished that time then it consider to be legal stay or not for 10 years residency.If your AR unsuccessful then it consider legal stay or not.

No..unless you have a valid visa throughout 10 years

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:47 pm

amit8910 wrote:I think if you will come within 6 months then you are eligible for 10 years residency. However,I am not sure if visa rejected and your visa finished that time then it consider to be legal stay or not for 10 years residency.If your AR unsuccessful then it consider legal stay or not.

I explained it clearly above. :? You need 10 continuous residence and breaks of more than 28 days (or 14 days after 24 November 2016) will break your continuous period. You will be an overstayer if AR is refused.