ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL and BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JoanneLee
Newly Registered

NTL and BRP

Post by JoanneLee » Fri May 26, 2017 11:01 pm

I am applying to transfer my ilr from my expired passport to BRP. On the application form, it asked to list the periods away from UK for more than six months.

I came as a child with my parents in 2000 and we got our ilr in 2005. In 2007, we went back to another country due to my father's work but we did try to return to UK every two years. There was one year we exceeded two years but we were lucky that the officer did not make a fuss about it. In 2012, we returned to UK and we have been living in UK since except for holidays. I was told recently that my ilr on expired passport is not a valid document for employment, hence I need to transfer it to BRP.
My questions are:
1.How many years should i list it as the number of years lived in UK? Counting from 2000 or 2004 or 2012?

2.Can the Home office still take away my ilr seeing that I exceeded my two year condition previously? I have been living in UK since 2012.
Thank you.

vinny

Re: NTL and BRP

Post by vinny » Sat May 27, 2017 12:29 am

1. You should provide as much evidence as possible since they granted ILR or ILE.
2. Yes, they could, but perhaps not easily. The burden of proof is on you to establish that they did grant you ILR. However, if they want to establish that your ILR had lapsed or was cancelled or revoked, then burden of proof may be on them. Moreover, if your leave had lapsed, then the Immigration Officer could have also admitted you under paragraph 19.

Have you considered naturalising instead of NTL?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JoanneLee
Newly Registered

Post by JoanneLee » Sat May 27, 2017 8:16 am

Thank you for your reply.

I am starting work soon and I hope the application will go smoothly.

Will I get my travel documents back on the same day if I go for premium service?

As it will be a premium service, I just wonder If i make any honest mistake on the application form, will the Immigration officer allow me to rectify it or straight rejection on the day itself?

london_2005
Newly Registered

Post by london_2005 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi JoanneLee

Can you tell if you successfully got your BRP ?

Thanks