ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash Savings Gift Evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Cash Savings Gift Evidence

Post by vsab101 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Hi everyone,
I wonder if you guys could help me with regards to the cash savings. I believe I need cash savings of £62000 for spouse visa application, i have £30,000 and rest will be gifted to me from my parents. now the question is do they need proof of where my parents got the money? or is it just where did i get it from?

Thanks in advance.

ivgotmilk
Newly Registered

Re: Cash Savings Gift Evidence

Post by ivgotmilk » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:12 pm

I have seen this cash savings requirement pop up on the websites... I was under the impression it is £16,000 not 60k+ ? And it needs to have been inside your account for 6 months or more.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 pm

No point asking the question now when you already applied for the visa in January.

If you have not held ALL the savings of £62,000 for the full 6 months, then you need to provide evidence of where the money came from. It cannot be a loan for you or for your parents. Even if held for 6 months, HO can still ask for proof of where funds came from.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:32 pm

CR001 wrote:No point asking the question now when you already applied for the visa in January.

If you have not held ALL the savings of £62,000 for the full 6 months, then you need to provide evidence of where the money came from. It cannot be a loan for you or for your parents. Even if held for 6 months, HO can still ask for proof of where funds came from.
Thanks for the response, I was thinking of withdrawing the application and reapply with priority since they are taking long due to being a company director.