ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:56 pm

metanoia wrote:Hi Geet

Emails and phone calls are handled by a 3rd party so no it won't irritate your case worker. Maybe you can ask weekly ad there is no rule or further charge for it.

You can check status daily on beta tracking link and likely to know when status finally show as decided.

Best of luck
Hi metanoia

Thank you so much!
Just curious when did you apply and what's the status

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:45 pm

hm7 wrote:@MrClientServer

You don't have to go via the website route again. For follow up queries you just have to reply to the email response or acknowledgement received from the home office support email (ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com).

Hope that helps.
Thank you HM7 & Rock.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
TatianaT wrote:
glenh wrote:Hi
Visa finally granted today, about 6 weeks after receiving the email stating the application was on hold due to not meeting financial requirements. Had no further contact until yesterday when they called my wife to ask when she wanted to travel. Maybe they are now proccesing the 'less straightforward cases' We apllied March 31 in Bangkok btw
Hi Glenh,
Congratulations! Your wife is the first who received the visa after put on hold these year! What was written in email cconcerning hold? Was it on hold due Supreme Court Judgement on 22 February?

Hi Glenh,
Congratulations!! If it's ok with you what exactly the issue regarding " financial requirements "
Thanks !

Great news, some hope that these emails are generally sent to everyone, it is misleading to provide this information to people who have nothing wrong with their application.

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:27 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Hi everyone
My query is as my Spouse visa application is on hold and passport is with Ukvisa,
1: Can i ask for the passport return if i have to travel abroad?

2: would they cancel my application or continue to work on it while i hold my passport?

3: does anyone know how long is the time period given for submitting the passport back to them for Visa Stamp?
Hi
my husband got his passport back but no documents only a letter same as email"on hold"which worrys me

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Sunni0 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
TatianaT wrote:
Visa finally granted today, about 6 weeks after receiving the email stating the application was on hold due to not meeting financial requirements. Had no further contact until yesterday when they called my wife to ask when she wanted to travel. Maybe they are now proccesing the 'less straightforward cases' We apllied March 31 in Bangkok btw
Hi Glenh,
Congratulations! Your wife is the first who received the visa after put on hold these year! What was written in email cconcerning hold? Was it on hold due Supreme Court Judgement on 22 February?

Hi Glenh,
Congratulations!! If it's ok with you what exactly the issue regarding " financial requirements "
Thanks !
Congratulatios!!!yes it does look like your's is first visa with "on hold"email.
Great news, some hope that these emails are generally sent to everyone, it is misleading to provide this information to people who have nothing wrong with their application.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:35 pm

meli111 wrote:
My query is as my Spouse visa application is on hold and passport is with Ukvisa,

2: would they cancel my application or continue to work on it while i hold my passport?

3: does anyone know how long is the time period given for submitting the passport back to them for Visa Stamp?
Hi
my husband got his passport back but no documents only a letter same as email"on hold"which worrys me
Can you share your complete timeline please?

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi all again
is anyone on this forum have passport back but no decision?my husband applyed 8 March."on hold"email was sent 17March.TLS in Belgrade contact him 4May as his passport was back but no decision and no documents.only one letter saying its on hold.nothing ever since.
Anyone similar case?
This forum is helping me a lot.at least i know i am not the only one....
I would love to contact them but i dont know any phone or email
i think documents are in Warshav where they make decision....
thanks guys

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:48 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:
meli111 wrote:

Hi
Can you share your complete timeline please?
Hi
we didnt ask for passport and there is no decision
appl done on 8March
on hold email 17March
4May passport return-no decision

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Meli are you applying through Salary or a Self employment?
How much is the amount ?
Maybe its too close?

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:33 pm

The email was as follows:
Dear Sir/Madam

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules. The applications affected are those failing to meet the minimum income requirement for a spouse/partner visa and Appendix FM applications falling for refusal which involve a child.
The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application. If you would like your passport to be returned to you please contact Bangkok.Visadvu@fco.gov.uk

We met the financial requirements through cash savings as we had just sold our house. Under the rules the money from the house sale wasn't required to be in the bank for 6 months.

I got the same email on 5th July (applied 12th December 2016) and have no news yet. Did you make any actions after you received this email such as contacting your MP or complaints? Finger crossed it looks like they started taking the hold off :)

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello everyone I have applied in Jan 2017
Got a hold mail Supreme Court one .....
I earn over 23k
And they r saying I don't meet the income requirements
Lol
Just stupid

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 pm

meli111 wrote:

Hi
my husband got his passport back but no documents only a letter same as email"on hold"which worrys me[/quote

My husbands received his documents back but no passport which is kind of concerning as he has so many business trips lined up which he's having to cancel one by one. How long after did your husband get his passport back? ]

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Initially my application status used to be like
"Its delayed while further enquiries are conducted"

Then it turned to " Application on Hold due to supreme court ruling so cant aay how long it shall ve on hold for"

Then today it said " Application is being considered and awaiting decision "

Can anyone explain what this current status could mean?

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Initially my application status used to be like
"Its delayed while further enquiries are conducted"

Then it turned to " Application on Hold due to supreme court ruling so cant aay how long it shall ve on hold for"

Then today it said " Application is being considered and awaiting decision "

Can anyone explain what this current status could mean?

Where are you tracking this from?

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Today i emailed paying 5ish Pounds.
Previously phone calls .
So do you know what it means ? Current status i mean?

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:24 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Today i emailed paying 5ish Pounds.
Previously phone calls .
It means exactly what it says, so supposedly is now with ECO and is awaiting approval. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, my husband got this re my application even though it was already on hold. Enquiry service are useless. Best of luck though!! Maybe the pause has finally been lifted and you (and everyone else) will be getting a decision soon.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:38 pm

MissOwl wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:Today i emailed paying 5ish Pounds.
Previously phone calls .
It means exactly what it says, so supposedly is now with ECO and is awaiting approval. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, my husband got this re my application even though it was already on hold. Enquiry service are useless. Best of luck though!! Maybe the pause has finally been lifted and you (and everyone else) will be getting a decision soon.

Guess Miss owl is right ... as I got the same reply when mailed them 2 days back !!
But mine as of now is not on hold or something
So can't really say what they mean ... I feel these are all automated replies as when I mailed them within 4 mins I got a reply " your application is being considered and is awaiting approval " and on the other side when I check the tracker it says " it does not recognize " so really don't know what's going on ?!?!

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Geet1328, the tracker will only recognise your application number once the decision has been made, since it is in fact for applications made from inside the UK. For some applicants from outside the UK it worked at the "awaiting a decision" stage, but that's rare, so don't worry too much about the tracker

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:13 pm

MissOwl wrote:Geet1328, the tracker will only recognise your application number once the decision has been made, since it is in fact for applications made from inside the UK. For some applicants from outside the UK it worked at the "awaiting a decision" stage, but that's rare, so don't worry too much about the tracker
Oh thanks for that information!!
But can't even trust the mails as I feel they give automated replies ... don't really know what's happening

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Raj86 wrote:Hello everyone I have applied in Jan 2017
I earn over 23k And they r saying I don't meet the income requirements
Lol . Just stupid
Hi Raj - How are you? welcome back. Recently someone asking u in this thread.i thought u got your visa stamped. I know you from old thread (Uk Visa onhold thread). I believe you and me are seniors waiting since long. I am waiting since mid of Dec16.

All - I had met my lawyer and he said he will write a strong letter to UKVI next week. WIll keep you update.

Fatzipoo

Post by Fatzipoo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm waiting for more updates on people receiving their visas after this hold email hopefully! I'm guessing one by one we will all get a reply soon, hopefully within this month! Also, I know it's cheeky but can we get our priority fee back?

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:37 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
Lol . Just stupid
Hi Raj - How are you? welcome back. Recently someone asking u in this thread.i thought u got your visa stamped. I know you from old thread (Uk Visa onhold thread). I believe you and me are seniors waiting since long. I am waiting since mid of Dec16.

All - I had met my lawyer and he said he will write a strong letter to UKVI next week. WIll keep you update.

Hi, MrClientServer and Raj86,

I have been waiting since mid November 2016.

randyjan
Newly Registered

Post by randyjan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:33 am

It's had now been 211 days since my application after numerous calls and emails still no decision

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:50 am

MrClientServer wrote:
Lol . Just stupid

Oh thank you
Yap it's so annoying how they putting us in the wrong category
But yap my request to all please keep us updated

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:58 am

Sunni0 wrote:
MrClientServer wrote:
Lol . Just stupid

Hi, MrClientServer and Raj86,

I have been waiting since mid November 2016.

Hello
I think the longest someone is waiting is from November
Homeoffice sent me a letter today giving me a reason why my application is on hold.....
All it said was I don't meet the income requirements therefore we are waiting for suprment court judgment.... cannot be said when.....
It's abit stupid as I earn 23k a year so how am I under the requirements
Whoever got the hold email I am sure this is why everyone's application is on hold....