ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can an asylum seeker without passport marry an EU citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maidavale nick
Newly Registered

Can an asylum seeker without passport marry an EU citizen

Post by Maidavale nick » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:36 am

Hello everyone
I'm a 28 years old asylum seeker from Iran in the uk, my case has been going on for 5 years now and it's been refused many times, however I have a lawyer and she's been fighting and appealing for my case all this time and right now I'm staying in the uk lawfully.
However I've been in a genuine relationship with an Austrian girl for two years now and we've been living together for almost one year and we have decide to get married.
But I have problem giving marriage notice to Westminster , my understanding is that i need to show Westminster a valid passport, but my passport was taken away from me by the home office and is now expired anyways.
Is there anyway I can give marriage notice using my uk full driving liecence or Uk border agency application registration card?
By the way I can not go to the iranian embassy and ask for a new passport because they will ask for my old passport and a valid uk visa which I don't have.

Thanks