ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Break in work permit for 32 days

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yskishore
Newly Registered

ILR - Break in work permit for 32 days

Post by yskishore » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi,

I have stayed continuously for 5 years in UK . However, due to some medical emergency at home, I have to travel immediately and my work permit expired (29th Nov'04) before I could get my workpermit extended. My employer has applied immediately and a new permit issued on (30th Dec'04) on which I have traveled back. My first entry to this country is Jan'2003.

I am full time employed over last 5 years and have all documents. I can provide the medical emergency with all supporting documents or I can also get a letter from the company I used to work with.

What are the chances of my application being considered. I was told it will be discretion of the case worker.

I need advice if I should try applying by post or premium processing. Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Kishore

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: ILR - Break in work permit for 32 days

Post by thirdwave » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:16 am

yskishore wrote:Hi,

I have stayed continuously for 5 years in UK . However, due to some medical emergency at home, I have to travel immediately and my work permit expired (29th Nov'04) before I could get my workpermit extended. My employer has applied immediately and a new permit issued on (30th Dec'04) on which I have traveled back. My first entry to this country is Jan'2003.

I am full time employed over last 5 years and have all documents. I can provide the medical emergency with all supporting documents or I can also get a letter from the company I used to work with.

What are the chances of my application being considered. I was told it will be discretion of the case worker.

I need advice if I should try applying by post or premium processing. Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Kishore
Don`t risk the premium service..Apply by post and include a detailed covering letter

yskishore
Newly Registered

Post by yskishore » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Regards
Kishore

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Disagree.

The Premium Service does only a basic check and will NOT charge you if they do not intend to issue you a visa.

In any case you have 2 chances via Premium service - if not granted, you will be able to lodge a postal application, while if you only lodge it by post they would not tell you about ant problems and just refuse it.

Normally, if you had to apply for a visa overseas you while you have been here for 5 years your residence will be broken.

Yet depends on how you lodge your application and...sopme luck.

a12345
BANNED

Post by a12345 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:26 pm

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:Disagree.

The Premium Service does only a basic check and will NOT charge you if they do not intend to issue you a visa.

In any case you have 2 chances via Premium service - if not granted, you will be able to lodge a postal application, while if you only lodge it by post they would not tell you about ant problems and just refuse it.

Normally, if you had to apply for a visa overseas you while you have been here for 5 years your residence will be broken.

Yet depends on how you lodge your application and...sopme luck.
case worker guidance notes say that case worker can excercise power of discretion if they residency is not broken for more than 6 month in total (in 5 years).....so you might be able to request for home office dicretion on your case........any comments!!?

yskishore
Newly Registered

Post by yskishore » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:15 am

Hi,

I have also seen the internal guidance saying it is the case worker discretion.

Is it true that I will be asked to pay the fees for premium serivce only if they are going to grant me ILR. My understanding is there will be 3 levels in premium service
Level1 - basic check
Level2- Make payment
Level3 - Decision.

would you adivce me to go through a solicitor to deal my case. I would be extremley happy if some one could provide a sample letter to explain my break in workpermit.

a12345
BANNED

Post by a12345 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:32 pm

yskishore wrote:Hi,

I have also seen the internal guidance saying it is the case worker discretion.

Is it true that I will be asked to pay the fees for premium serivce only if they are going to grant me ILR. My understanding is there will be 3 levels in premium service
Level1 - basic check
Level2- Make payment
Level3 - Decision.

would you adivce me to go through a solicitor to deal my case. I would be extremley happy if some one could provide a sample letter to explain my break in workpermit.
try permits2work.com i think the contact person's name is Alex...or try post this question into another forum by the name ukresident.com

do tell us what outcome of the discussion.....tc