ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 pending case urgent advice pleaseh

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rodrimarto

EEA2 pending case urgent advice pleaseh

Post by rodrimarto » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 am

Hi I'am writting to seek some advice about the case of a friend of mine who has claimed asylum couple of years ago and had her application refused.Now she is applying for eea2 because her daughter is french (over 20) and live and work in the Uk.
Is her application valid or not ?The home office granted her daughter a residence but denied her one; now she has to go to the HO every week to sign.How risky is it for her when they've also got her address?
Thanks

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 pending case urgent advice pleaseh

Post by thsths » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:32 am

rodrimarto wrote:Is her application valid or not ?The home office granted her daughter a residence but denied her one; now she has to go to the HO every week to sign.How risky is it for her when they've also got her address?
First of all the application does not really fit the requirements, so it will probably be refused. Because the daughter is grown up and the mother is not retired, there is no dependency relation either way.

About the reporting, I would be tempted to say that she should stick to the rules, otherwise it may be a reason for deportation. However, I am not sure whether this also applies to European law. In any case she should be fine while the application is processed, which can take up to 6 months.

Tom

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:42 pm

The case could be considered on its merits.

The daughte is an EEA national. Is she working in the UK ? Can she prove that ?

Have they been living together "under the same roof" ?

A reporting condition must be observed (IS96), as otherwise a lady maybe detained and removed (certainly NOT deported).