ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member with permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s_lou
Newly Registered

EEA family member with permanent residence

Post by s_lou » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:29 am

Hello,

My partner is a Polish national, and got his Permanent Residence last year (he has been working in the UK since 2010. I was issued with a residence card as his extended family member in 2013.

Does my partner have to keep working in order for me to get my permanent residence, or is it ok now he is permanent? If he stops working does this mean my visa is not valid?

Thank you!! :D

softy monster
Algeria

Re: EEA family member with permanent residence

Post by softy monster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:51 pm

s_lou wrote:Hello,

My partner is a Polish national, and got his Permanent Residence last year (he has been working in the UK since 2010. I was issued with a residence card as his extended family member in 2013.

Does my partner have to keep working in order for me to get my permanent residence, or is it ok now he is permanent? If he stops working does this mean my visa is not valid?

Thank you!! :D
First of all make sure your partner doesn't apply for BC before you get your PR in 2018! As once your partner become BC then he/she won't be able to sponsor you anymore! As dual national won't be able to do that since the law has changed in July/Oct 2012 so just becarful! Your partner has to wait for you till you get your PR and then apply
That's true he/she doesn't need to excerices anymore! But Just in case especially with the brexit and with what's happening, plus you will be soon applying next year so play cool anemic wait! If you were married your PR clock will start from your wedding day, if unmarried partners could unit from your card issue date as the HO have done in my case!!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17