ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal on thursday - any advice welcome.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepakmehtauk

Appeal on thursday - any advice welcome.

Post by deepakmehtauk » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 am

Hi Guys,
I have got my mums appeal for ILR coming up this week & would welcome any advice on what to say, not to say, how to behave, not to behave in the court.

The details are -
I am a British citizen, my mum is an Indian citizen, 65 yrs old(64 when we first applied for her ILR), widow & has a terminal medical condition. Hence I naievely thought that BIA would grant her ILR under compassionate grounds esp as her doctor has clearly written that her expected life span is less than 1-2 yrs.

Anyway, they took 10 months to decide that it wouldnt be uncompassionate for her to go back to India & live there the last few months of her life. The appeal is end of this week & I am obviously very anxious & would welcome any tips.

Thanks,
Deepak Mehta.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Your chances of success would be higher if she applied being 65 or over.

Where did she apply from ? UK or India ?

The AIT would consider the facts at the application in most cases.